“Nice neighborhood tavern” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #108 of 723 restaurants in St. Petersburg
“Nice neighborhood tavern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Good beer and wine selection. We enjoyed the few drinks we had here. Would highly recommend. Service was good and it was a nice, friendly atmosphere. We will be back again!

80% Recommend
Traverse City, Michigan
“Get there early to get a table, popular with the locals.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I will visit this little tavern every time I am in St. Pete. Have had my expectations exceeded twice. Unique stuff on the menu, like a flank steak sandwich, apple cole slaw with a kick, unique cracker style pizza crusts. Good beer. I stick with the Tampa light. Friendly service. Leisurely pace. Sports bar atmosphere.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seminole, Florida
“A fine example of a pub every neighborhood needs...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I visit every time I am in St. Pete... it's Saturday night, Labor Day Weekend, headed to Jannus Live to witness The Hip Abduction, I suggest to the group, we've got to hit the Old Northeast Tavern. It was a true hit, a great place for fine bar food, the gourmet pizzas, the roasted portabella, the menu is incredible... a nice selection of craft brews, an atmosphere like no other! Live music added to the experience along with a friendly staff, I highly recommend a visit...

• Visited September 2012
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012 via mobile

Great atmosphere with great food and a huge beer selection. Only complaint I have is it's hard to find a parking spot

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Leawood, Kansas
“Funky Neighborhood Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Apparently The Old Northeast Tavern is the place of choice by locals....and for good reason. It was packed on a Friday Night with mostly young couples and families...some with a couple of kids in tow. We turned a few heads when we went in the front door...obviously we were from out of town.
The menu offered a nice variety of small plates, pizza and sandwiches. My wife raved about her scallops and I was more than happy with my rueben. We both raved about the reasonable prices and friendly service.
If you are tired of being a tourist this is a great place to make you feel at home.

• Visited January 2012