“Get there early to get a table, popular with the locals.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #135 of 744 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Traverse City, Michigan
“Get there early to get a table, popular with the locals.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I will visit this little tavern every time I am in St. Pete. Have had my expectations exceeded twice. Unique stuff on the menu, like a flank steak sandwich, apple cole slaw with a kick, unique cracker style pizza crusts. Good beer. I stick with the Tampa light. Friendly service. Leisurely pace. Sports bar atmosphere.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Seminole, Florida
“A fine example of a pub every neighborhood needs...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I visit every time I am in St. Pete... it's Saturday night, Labor Day Weekend, headed to Jannus Live to witness The Hip Abduction, I suggest to the group, we've got to hit the Old Northeast Tavern. It was a true hit, a great place for fine bar food, the gourmet pizzas, the roasted portabella, the menu is incredible... a nice selection of craft brews, an atmosphere like no other! Live music added to the experience along with a friendly staff, I highly recommend a visit...

• Visited September 2012
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012 via mobile

Great atmosphere with great food and a huge beer selection. Only complaint I have is it's hard to find a parking spot

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Leawood, Kansas
“Funky Neighborhood Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Apparently The Old Northeast Tavern is the place of choice by locals....and for good reason. It was packed on a Friday Night with mostly young couples and families...some with a couple of kids in tow. We turned a few heads when we went in the front door...obviously we were from out of town.
The menu offered a nice variety of small plates, pizza and sandwiches. My wife raved about her scallops and I was more than happy with my rueben. We both raved about the reasonable prices and friendly service.
If you are tired of being a tourist this is a great place to make you feel at home.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great find in St Pete”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

This was our first visit to the Tavern and we will be returning. The staff were extremely pleasant and knowledgeable about all the wonderful beers on tap. The food was excellent. We ordered two appetizers, one was the chicken and plantain quesadilla and the other was the lump crab cake, both were delicious. The only thing i would mention is that because of the restaurant's location the parking is limited, but it is worth the walk....

• Visited December 2011