“Brilliant Attraction” 5 of 5 stars

$70*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the adventure of a lifetime on our Speed Boat Adventure Tour! On this guided and narrated tour with a twist, you are the captain of your own speedboat. Follow our trained and knowledgeable guides to experience the best of both worlds - the THRILL of driving your own speedboat, and the safety of having a skilled guide introduce you to the beauty of the Florida coast. Located in serene Tampa Bay, this 2 hour tour will take you by beautiful National Wildlife Refuges and pass by the historic Fort De Soto Park. You may see pods of bottle nose dolphins, manatees, sea turtles, sting rays, and numerous varieties of local birds. No boating experience necessary! Book a tour today to guarantee an unforgettable experience for the whole family!
Bradford, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
“Brilliant Attraction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

As it was our last day in Florida, we were a little stuck for something to do. Luckily a Groupon deal appeared for the Speed Boat Adventures in St Petersburg so we jumped at the chance to have a go at what seem'd to be a fun activity.

Well I'm glad we did!! We had such a fantastic time driving our own speedboat being led around various sights by Capt. Scott!!

Everything was explained to us before getting into the speed boats, such as safety tips, how to control the boat etc.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone!

Visited September 2012

“very cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We went out to try to see some dolphins. The dolphineracer that takes like 40 people at once, suddenly broke down when only 8 people showed up. That was our first choice. we got our money back en went out to check the speedboat adventures tour. We found there 2 extremely enthousiast guys that know a lot about the area. They had a captian that is a local there for years also a very nice guy. This trip is unique because you can drive the mini speedboat your self. After a short safety briefing the captian explains how the boat operates en of you go. They take you out on the canals en the open water to go full speed en make some nice turns. We had a lot off fun and also run into some dolphins. If you are in saint petersburg i advise you to go on this 2 hour trip.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Fun, fun, fun!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My family went on this tour in August. We had been having a pretty boring vacation so far and I was determined to turn things around. I saw this rated 5 stars by lots of people and thought surely it was a safe bet. Glad we gave it a shot - it's amazing! The guide is very personable and entertaining as well. Too bad we waited till the day before we left or we would have gone back to do it again!

Visited August 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“absolutely wonderful!!!! Well worth the $$$”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We did a ton of things during our vacation but this was one of the top things we did. It was well worth the money. I wasn't too excited about it before we went but afterwards I wanted to do it again. My boyfriend drove the first half and I drove back, it was awesome. Beautiful scenery, we saw a ton of DOLPHINS, got amazing pictures, the captain were really informative and knew a lot of the history behind everything. We had never driven a boat before and it was quite an adventure. It was fun to be able to do the S-turns and go full throttle. I would definitely recommend this to people of all ages.

Visited September 2012
Princeton, New Jersey
11 attraction reviews
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went on the speedboat tour and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I must admit I was a bit pensive during the first 10mins. of our ride, but became more comfortable as time progressed. I quickly went from, "are we done yet?" to "I can't believe we're done already!" Our tour was small which probably helped and Capt. Tony added to our fun. I am not a "water lover" but I would do this tour again!!

Visited July 2012