“Repeat Customer, GREAT time once AGAIN!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer daily excursions to Egmont Key Island. Egmont Key is a magnificent island just a few miles off shore at the mouth of Tampa Bay, in the lovely Gulf of Mexico. Accessible only by boat. Egmont Key is the GEM of the Bay Area and a Florida State Park. It is not to be missed on your vacation. Egmont Key's history dates back to the 1800's during the Spanish / American War era. Call and book your trip today for a truly memorable vacation experience and a fantastic day of Adventure and Excitement you will not soon forget. Just a few of the sights you may experience on your journey are pods of wild Bottlenosed Dolphins playing in their natural habitat, or a huge manatee gracefully swimming along side of the boat, stingrays, rolling Tarpon, numerous native birds, Gopher Tortoises, the Egmont Key Lighthouse, the soldier cemetary, and the ruins of old Fort Dade. It is our goal to provide a fun, affordable, memorable vacation experience in a safe environment that the whole family can enjoy. Call today for reservations.
Peoria, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Repeat Customer, GREAT time once AGAIN!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My mother, sister and I take a girls trip every year together! This was our second boat trip with Island Adventures. We booked in Advance with Betty. Betty is always so helpful! Had a great trip once again! The dolphins were active, sunshine was warm, Egmont Island was gorgeous! Found some nice shells! The captain was very informative and fun! Vinnie was great too! Will go again and again everytime we come to St. Pete. Well worth the $39 each! Thanks for wonderful memories!

Visited August 2013
Betty34607, Manager at Island Boat Adventures, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hola Chicas Bonita! Thanks for the fantastic review! We look forward to seeing you again next summer!! :)

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent holiday trip - well worth the money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This trip was brilliant, we booked it in advance before going to Florida from the UK, and I was so glad we did. We travelled from Orlando to do it and it was worth it. It was just as all the other people have described it. Fun and relaxing and we felt safe in the Captain's hands and his team mate Joe; he was especially good at making our children feel relaxed.

We were lucky to see wild dolphins (mother with her baby) and three or four dolphins a few times from the boat and whilst we were snorkelling we also saw a manta ray/sting ray too! Both my children were over the moon. They even got to feed the gulls flying over the boat. The team were especially helpful with us when it came to the snorkelling too, as we are not good swimmers and we were given all the appropriate safety equipment too. This is a good affordable day out and well worth our money.

Thank you Calypso Cat!

Soni family

Visited September 2013
Hi Soni Family! It's super to hear that your family had fun on your trip with us! :)
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Trip 9/01/13”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Was looking on the internet for something to do different and came across Island Boat Adventures and we are so glad we called them and made a reservation. My mom, dad and I went on this trip yesterday and we had the best time. We got to snorkel, see all types or birds and the best part is we got to see the dolphins. I recommend this trip to everyone because you will get your moneys worth and also will have a blast of a time.

Visited September 2013
Thanks! We love to have fun! But, even better than that is watching and knowing that our guests are having fun! :)
Reading, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“fantastic alternative to teme parks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We booked this in the Uk before travelling. It was our wedding anniversary and wanted to do something different from the theme parks. It was great trip to Egmont Key. we did some snorkeling on route and had time on the island to explore. We only had an hour on the Island which I would have loved to have had more time to explore. It was a very relaxing day away from the madness of the parks. We were able to take our own drinks and snacks on board and were provided with snorkeling gear. The water was so warm it was great fun.

Visited August 2013
Congrats on your wedding anniversary!!! Thanks for your fantastic review! We are a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the amusements parks. When you're on 'Calypso Cat' with us, you can just sit back, relax, enjoy the wonderful sights and sounds of the ocean. The experiences of the day are at your own pace, best of all no standing long lines! Enjoy! :)
Savannah, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
“Great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I honestly wasn't expecting much cause someone else in my party scheduled this and I just didn't know much about what we were getting into. Boy was this an awesome trip! It was a fun day even though it was very windy and choppy waters. Due to the choppy waters, we went to the island first. It was fun to explore and see what it had to offer. I think we missed the jail cause we just didn't find it. Next time I would definitely ask the capt and 1st mate more of which way to go on the island to see it. We went to the North beach and found huge awesome shells.

Next we tried again to snorkel. It was difficult it seemed, again due to the winds and choppy water to get tied off and it seemed like Capt Hans was getting very frustrated trying to get the boat anchored with the help of First Mate Joe. Poor Joe kept running back and forth from the front to the back dropping the anchor, pulling up the anchor, dropping, pulling up, etc. I know he had to have been worn out. But it made me realize how important it was to both Hans and Joe that we all have a great time or they wouldn't have tried so hard! We finally ended up doing sanddollars- not near the ruins. That was tons of fun and shallow snorkeling. We held a starfish, sanddollars, a seahorse, and conch shells (lil sucker bit me!)

The crew worked very hard to keep everyone on track as well as to run an efficient and CLEAN boat. I really appreciated how clean the boat was and how they all seem to want to keep it that way. I live in a beach town and I have been on many excursion boats, and this one was the best ran and cleanest I've seen. The ice they supply is very nice, and reasonable drinks in case you don't have any or need one.

Top notch adventure very well ran! I am so impressed and its WELL worth the value! MUST DO activity in St Pete/Clearwater area.

Thanks, Hans and Joe, for a great time!

Visited August 2013
Thanks for the your kind words! Capt. Hans and Joe always work as a team and always want our guests to have the best time possible. As much as everyone says the envy us and our jobs, it's because we try to only show our guests the FUN parts. Joe was exhausted after this trip and we made sure to have an ice cold Corona with a lime waiting for him when the 'Calypso Cat' came back into the marina. I don't know if Joe was more happier to have the beer or to know that his guests had a Fantastic time! Island Boat Adventures is lucky to have such a wonderful crew and great guests like you that come out to enjoy life with us. Cheers!