“I highly recommend this” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 56 activities in St. Petersburg
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Family friendly helicopter tours over the city and the beaches of St. Pete. Safari Choppers offers an excellent way to see St. Pete during your visit. You'll find a safari to meet your budget and add something unique to your vacation.
Medina, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
“I highly recommend this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Rode in March of 2013, on the $99 tour. The location at the airport terminal has a nice restaurant and bathroom facilities. It was a windy day but it didn't mess with the chopper too much. The person who checked us in and the pilot were very courteous, professional and down to earth. You are not confined to the route of the certain trip you choose. You can customize it and have them fly to see just about anything you might want to see. If we do it again in this area, it will definitely be with Safari.

Visited March 2013

Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
8 attraction reviews
“My 4 year old grandson's 1st helicopter ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We went to the Hanger to sign up for the flight. I then spoke to and paid Vance, then he's telling us come on lets go out to the chopper. My grandson has always wanted to ride the red zebra helicopter. Vance buckled him in the front seat put the head gear on and I got in the back and a few minutes later we were going down the runway and banking left and on our adventure. He really enjoyed the flight looking at the manatees and sharks below in the bay. When we landed he said that he wanted to do this again. A GREAT way to see the downtown from the air.

Visited December 2012
Lutherville, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
“A lot of fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

We were looking for something different, and this definitely filled that request. I don't remember signing anything regarding liability, but before I thought about it, we were off the ground and over the beach. Much fun.

Visited February 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“Wild rides and great views - ok not too wild but so much fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Two of the best guys running a great Helicopter tour company and it's right here in Saint Petersburg, you have to love that. A quick trip around town is affordable and makes you want to go back for more, stop by and fly !

Visited May 2012
“Biggest wats eof our vacation time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Scheduled an 11 AM flight for my father, myself and 5 year old daughter...a 40 minute flight at 200.00 per person. Gave them my cell phone in advance in case of any issues as our vacation time was limited. We arrived at the airport and waited for a rude man to approach us and tell us that we would be delayed at least 30 minutes and that maybe we weren't flying today at all. I said "What?...you are kidding? I gave you my cell in case of any issues and we could have rescheduled?" He rudely said they had been having starter problems for a YEAR with this chopper and would let me know when we could go up...if at all. We had coffee in the lounge for an hour while they were working on the helicopter and at 12 PM we left. Clearly too dangerous to fly with them and a very unprofessional operation. The pilot never contacted me, apologized, or even came back to check on us. I expected at least a phone call to reschedule (not that I would have) but at least it would have shown some professionalism. Forget it. Clearly the choppers are in disrepair and dangerous and the staff couldn't be bothered with a phone call or apology to me and my family for wasting a beautiful vacation day of ours. Choose any other attraction but this one unless you just want to waste time and put your lives in danger.

Visited February 2012
Vharv, Owner at Safari Choppers, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Safari Choppers maintains our helicopters to the exact same FAA standard as every aircraft operating in the United States. We operate first come, first serve so there was no phone number and no reservation made for any time. If you left to have coffee then it would been impossible for me to find you. I searched for you after locating the problem with my equipment and could not find you. My equipment is new and has the highest safety record of any helicopter on the market. My company has exactly zero incidents and if we even smell a hint of a problem with our equipment then we don't fly until the problem is identified and corrected, which is why we have a perfect safety record. We are not an airline. We are, unapologetically, a small, fair weather tour company and ALL helicopters are high maintenance. We do not have million dollar helicopters just sitting around to use in case our helicopter needs a little maintenance. If you thought I was rude and unprofessional then you speak to my personality. I am a veteran, a pilot, and a small business owner, and middle age, so I might be guilty of rubbing a person the wrong way every once in a while if I feel they are rubbing me the wrong way. I wish I was perfect and I wish I could please all of the people all of the time but I am sure that you can relate to the impossibility of that.