“Sweet B&B with a great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Expedia.com Booking.com
Pier Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   253 2nd Ave N., St. Petersburg, FL 33701   |
Ranked #12 of 47 hotels in St. Petersburg
“Sweet B&B with a great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Words can't explain how much I loved and enjoyed my stay at the pier. I have never encountered a more hospitable crowd of workers. From when I walked in til the time I left I felt special and really taken care of. The rooms are good sized and clean. Happy hour and dinner were full of laughs and my friends and I made great memories. Chef really aided with that. From start to finish the pier is quite the experiance. Thank you Pier staff for all you did for us to make our trip special and everyone reading this you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013
Pier253, Guest Relations Manager at Pier Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We are so glad that you had a wonderful time with us. We hope you chose to come stay with us again!

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

It's not a new hotel. It reminded me of my childhood when we went to Atlantic City and stayed a few blocks off of the boardwalk. BUT, a few friends came into down and we stayed with them here and had the time of our life. GET the deluxe room and book directly with them for the best price. They have a small breakfast, a quaint dining room for meals, and I loved my stay here. A few blocks from the heart of one of the countries great downtowns. The teens had a blast at the clubs, we took the ghost tour. Great jazz and food. Took in a Baseball game too! Great transportation. Easy walk to parks and museums. Staff couldn't be better, even the flaws added to the charm.

Room Tip: book with them directly for best price get deluxe room suite, it's so much bigger and worth the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again and continue providing many memories of laughter and joy at The Pier Hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Ive stayed here time and time again for both business and pleasure for the last 4 years and enjoyed it every time.

New owners who have really changed it up for the good. Like the lovely renovations and the dinner they offer which chef toby jas never failed me on. The front desk staff is super helpful and I would recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Quaint old hotel in downtown St. Pete. Nicely appointed, walk to pier and other trendy local restaurants. While our ghost did not make its presence, we called to him during the night nonetheless! Sat on the Florida style veranda for our happy hour cocktail before heading out to a nice casual dinner and drinks.

Room Tip: Go upstairs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Charles has not made an appearance in awhile however we are happy you still enjoyed yourself. We hope you come and stay with us again and continue making fond memories at The Pier Hotel.
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

It's been a few years since we happily had stayed at the Pier -- NEVER again. When we arrived the man on duty told us our reservation was for the day before - fortunately I had a printout of the confirmation with me.
The internet connection did not work well so we wound up going to a distant McDonalds with WiFi to do our work at 9pm. The hotel manager (owner?) couldn't get our PC to work either, but he blamed the problem on us and just walked away after giving us directions to a McD which turned out to be in a scary part of town .
The room has a mattress with a very mushy 2 - 3 " thick mattress topper, probably to save buying a decent new mattress in this old joint. The room has a very loud refrigerator but no on/off controls which could not be unplugged as well as a very loud a/c window unit. The shower is an improvised affair in an ancient tub with high sides which can be difficult to negotiate, but there are no handholds. One of us slipped.
At 7am, two men who turned out to be the cook and the person at the desk engaged in a loud conversation and laughter which resounded through the open hall and staircase to all the lower rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We are a Historic hotel, the oldest in St. Petersburg, so there are a few quirks; some call it charm. We do have wall units and some of the rooms have refrigerators. We apologize for any inconvenience the noise may have caused you. In addition, the internet is out of our control we can only do so much to make it wok. We hope you give us another chance to make a better impression. If not thank you for your business and we wish you the best.

Thomasville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend. Most everything was booked up, but this was available. Atmosphere like a B&B. Could not ask for better customer service; rare find in today's world. Room was clean and it was very quite/peaceful. Breakfast was very good. The Chef was helfpul and courteous. Two things I would change, the price of the room and parking. Parking is in a public parking area. I got the last available park that day. The room was smaller than I expected, but grew on me; the price should be a little less for the size of the room/bathroom. Good location if you want to see downtown venues, most places are within walking distance. Would definetely come back!

Room Tip: Book Early, only 33 rooms available.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed yourself. If you chose to stay again let us know you are a repeat guest and make sure you call. We would love to help you make more memories here in St. Petersburg.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The pier Hotel has a lot of history and potential, but for the money our stay was disappointing.

My wife and I are Tampa Bay locals and went to St. Pete for a weekend getaway... the Pier Hotel was the only hotel downtown with availability (except the $250/night Vinoy). Even at booking I thought $175 a night was kind of pricey, but i took it over the more expensive option. That was a bad decision... I probably would have gotten my money's worth at the Vinoy. I paid 6$ extra per day to park in a dirt lot and an $8 credit-card payment fee. The advertised continental breakfast was miniature bagels, make-your-own oatmeal, or tiny cheese danishes. Not a single fruit to be found. Also, there is no elevator and the small a/c unit in the room was overworked during the mid-80s afternoon in May... I couldn't imagine staying in the hotel in July or August.

Anyhow, none of this stuff really ruined our weekend, as we were out of the room except to nap or sleep, but I left feeling really disappointed in what I got for the money I spent. We won't be visiting again.

A few good things: The coffee was decent, the wifi was free and quick-enough and the cleaning staff were very helpful.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are sorry you did not find The Pier Hotel to be a good value. Breakfast has been improved and there always is a hot breakfast for those who do not wish to partake of the continental breakfast. We do still have the wall a/c units as do most historic hotels. We hope you give us another chance to make a better memory of The Pier Hotel.

Management

Been to Pier Hotel? Share your experiences!