“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Tampa Bay CityPASS
Type: Art Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: The Chihuly Collection presented by the Morean Arts Center is a stunning, permanent collection of world-renowned artist Dale Chihuly’s unique artwork in a magnificent 10,000 square foot gallery.
St petersburg
7 attraction reviews
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

If you love glass art you will love this place. One of my favorite places to go. Had my vow renewal there and though it was tight getting the people in and sitting it worked out beautifully. Great staff. Just gorgeous art.

Visited November 2012

Woodstock, Georgia
“Loved this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Take time to see this exhibit. You will not be disappointed. Breathtaking glass blown art. In the Downtown St. Pete Pier area.

Visited January 2013
Augusta, MI
“Lovely little collection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm a big fan of Chihuly, so I had to visit the Morean Arts Center's Chihuly Collection while visiting St. Petersburg last winter. I've seen many Chihuly exhibits and, while this collection offered similar displays to other Chihuly exhibits, these at the Morean Arts Center were just a bit better. In fact, they were lovely! (I was slightly disappointed though because I had expected the collection to be larger.) I toured the collection in a group led by a knowledgeable guide who was very courteous and friendly. We had close access to the individual glass pieces. I have special needs and requested a wheelchair which the staff kindly provided. More importantly, the guide did not hover treating me as though I might somehow damage the exhibits. What a relief!

Visited February 2012
kiryat motzkin
46 attraction reviews
“Disapoinntment.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I know the artist and saw parts of his work elsware. So I had great expactations. The museum is small and have samples only of the artist's works. There is a 60min. video which describes chihuly's projects and is better than the collection itself. I disliked the high entery rates .

Visited January 2013
Largo, Florida
17 attraction reviews
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Although this is a small collection, it is very beautiful. I would recommended the quick tour for anyone but small children.

Visited October 2012