“This Place is AWESOME!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 736 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Bakery, Café, Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dessert
Description: The Hooker Tea Company specializes in premium loose leaf tea. We have over 100 varieties of tea that can be brought home for your own personal experience, or you can enjoy a pot or cup of tea here at the shop or on the go.Along with our tea we have a plethora of freshly baked goods including cupcakes, bread pudding, muffins, scones, and more! We have complimentary wireless for our customers and great indoor and outdoor atmosphere to appeal to all ages.We are downtown St Pete's Tea Destination!
AL
“This Place is AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

As an avid tea drinker, this is a must stop. Hot tea, cold tea, and any flavor, type you can imagine. You can get a pot of tea and plug in or get a cup to go. I also bought some loose tea that I had never tried to take home. The staff will work with you to find what you like or would like to try. Have to go back.

Visited July 2013
Raymond R, Owner at Hooker Tea Company, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for the awesome review! We pride ourselves with great products and try to have a wealth of knowledge. I hope you enjoyed the loose leaf you have brought home. And we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great Selection of Teas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Quaint little tea shop. A wide variety of tea blends. Staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. Quiet place to read or share a cup of tea with a friend.

Visited July 2013
Thanks for the response! It's always nice to see that our locals can always have a spot that they can rely on to escape and relax for a little while. See you again soon!
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Speaking for my Kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

OK, I love this place for my kids. I have a teenager, 16. He and his friends love this place. I've been here with him and his girlfriend and they dragged me in. They come here all of the time and drink tea, have pastries and play games and talk and socialize. What a great place for them downtown. Great tea options and coffee. They got me some tea for my Birthday. He is on a budget, it was a nice gift. It is a rare thing for a concept to appeal to an age group like this, but he and his high school friends love to go here, they are not your typical kids, they are theater kids. I love that this place exists.

Visited May 2013
We appreciate the wonderful response. We like to think we are a little escape for the upcoming generation. It is a place for them to have fun, relax or even study but not have to deal with the pressures of being under 21. Every Friday and Saturday night we look for the small groups of kids to grab some tea and hang out!
Locust Dale, Virginia
“What a very pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I'm not big on hot tea, so my daughter helped me pick out an iced tea which was a blck tea blend--outstanding.

The biggest treat was the quiche! I tried the Quiche Lorraine which qualified as the best I've had in the US---

Very friendly and well informed staff--highly recommend

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the wonderful review. Our quiche is definitely our most popular food option. It is also nice to see that you were willing to give tea a try. With so many different selections, we normally feel we can find at least one blend for everyone! Hope to see you again next time!
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Great tea, better service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I don't drink coffee/cappucino and only rarely drink hot tea. However, since we were next door, we decided to stop in to try it. The employees got out several teas for us to smell and offered many suggestions. We ended up trying a Chai roobios(sp?) and we got a canister of something to take home. The kids loved it as well because they had games to play while you sit and drink. Great little joint and awesome locaction.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Raymond R, Owner at Hooker Tea Company, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am glad, while not a avid tea drinker, we were still able to help you find something you enjoyed. The Chai Rooibos is, personally, my favorite of our Chai! We pride ourselves in our responsibility to narrow down the selections so your experience is the best possible. Look forward to seeing you again!