“Still the Very Best Italian...!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert, Italian, Seafood, Bar, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Thornton, Colorado
“Still the Very Best Italian...!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

The family has not lost their touch with very good Italian food. Back in St Pete, for an extended visit. Feola's is a MUST stop. As expected, the food is Excellent. Ordered enough for ltomorrow's lunch. If you are visiting and want a casual dining experience, with some of the best Italian, this side of the Ocean, this is your place. Don't expect a lot of glitz or a big bill. ENJOY!!!
Tablet

88% Recommend
st pete
“The reviews are right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had driven by this restaurant the other day and I told my daughter we had to try it now that we lived on this side of town (moved last week). I agree with the comments below that it's a "little hole-in-the-wall", and if we hadn't moved to the neighbourhood, I probably wouldn't have tried it.

We were wondering what to make for dinner (kids in and out all evening) and I mentioned seeing Feola's. Decided to give it a try after reading the reviews. The menu (we looked it up online) is gigantic! We placed a take-out order for two pizzas (special and cheese), fried calamari and lasagna with a salad and garlic knot (included with the entree).

The pizza is great! If the dough were a little less tough, these would have been pizzas straight from Four Aces in Cambridge, MA (my favourite pizza joint before Harvard bought them out to expand their campus) - thin crust (vs pan), really cheesy, sauce wasn't overpowering. I don't know how to describe it, but I know it when I taste it and this was it. I'm happy! We also got calamari ("Mom, this is the best calamari") and lasagna ("really cheesy"). Got a garlic knot with the lasagna (per one of the reviews below). "Really good bread" was the comment - although at first glance the family wasn't so sure - it's REALLY buttery (in a good way) "roll" shaped bread (probably where the "knot" comes from).

It's a hit with us. We're looking forward to trying more menu items!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mesa
“Homestyle Pasta and Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Feola's is an old fashioned Mom & Pop Italian restaurant, not much on the atmosphere, but great food and low prices. Be sure you get an order of garlic knots for the table.

Visited May 2012
Somerset, New Jersey
“Great food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I was traveling with a group of 18 and needed to find a place for dinner. Feola's is off the beaten path for tourists, located in a small strip mall next to a Laundromat, and upon first sight, we thought we had made a mistake. From the outside, the place looks tiny and "worn". There were customers eating outside, and people coming and going, so we felt somewhat relieve by this activity. Upon entering, we were greeted enthusiastically by our server. It was like being at your Aunt's house for dinner. Even another patron and his son helped move our tables together! We were immediately offered drinks, which were brought in pitchers and were never left empty for more than a minute. Our orders were taken quickly and efficiently, with helpful suggestions from our server. The entrees came with salad and bread (your choice - Italian, garlic, garlic knots, etc.). The apps at my end of the table included fried calamari and Parmesan garlic bread and were wonderful. The salad was fresh and the Italian dressing had a little “kick” to it, which we all agreed was awesome. My friends did not like the Pasta Fagioli because it came with a chicken base, while they were expecting a tomato base. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t what they expected. Main dishes that were ordered included Calamari Salad, which was fresh and garlicky, Angel Hair w/ sausage, Shrimp Ala Bianco, Mussels Ala Bianco, Fettuccini Carbonara, cheese ravioli, chicken parmigiana and pizza. Portion sizes are large and almost everyone brought leftovers home with them. All received great reviews except for the mussels. The person who ordered them said they didn’t "look" right, so immediately our server brought new pasta with shrimp instead. We were all too stuffed to order dessert, but our server surprised us with two baskets of hot, fresh powdered donuts ( zeppolis? ), which was the perfect ending to the meal. The food was very good, the service incredibly efficient and friendly. I would definitely go back for more!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thornton, Colorado
“Eat here if you like (REALLY GOOD) Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012 via mobile

In a small strip mall, but don't let that stop you... Older Property, don't let that keep you away... The food is GREAT, the service is with out PEER. The staff is fast, fun and effecient. We went in with a group of six (6), the waitress asked our names as she put the water on the table. Called us by name, thru the entire meal, and as leaving. We ordered five different meals. All were EXCELLENT. We asked for a slight ingredient Chang to two meals. "That's no problem, we will make any change you want." (Said the waitress). The atmosphere is 'old cafe, the noise level is a bit high for casual dining with old friends. Our vote is 6 to 0. We will return. Prices are below average. Pizza is less expensive than Domino's. (And better)... This is a little Gem. If I lived here I would not tell strangers about this place. I would save it for myself. As we left, there were two tables waiting and one carry out. I'll see you next year when I travel to FL.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere