“Great food, lovely setting” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Mexican, Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Avenue South
Transit: Free Public Transportation for Tropicana Field sporting events, i.e., Rays games, one block away. A municipal PTSA bus stop is across the street at Publix. Taxi’s all know Cantina.
Description: With Mexican cuisine at its heart, Red Mesa Cantina blends Latin and Caribbean kitchen traditions to create a menu of exquisite ceviches, tacos, and small plate classics that deliver bold, fresh flavors. An award winning, word-of-mouth favorite among locals and visitors alike with the most extensive selection of Tequilas in the South!
St; Petersburg, FL
“Great food, lovely setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My daughter and son-in-law took me to this lovely place along with their children. The food was excellent as was the service, Although it was a warm evening, the fans kept us reasonably cool and we were able to relax. I love the Red Mesa on Fourth Street, which is closer to my home, because it has a more extensive menu, but the cantina seems great for a less formal meal.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Memphis, Tennessee
“Not as good as I remember”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was my second visit to Red Mesa with first being in 2008. The restaurant just wasn't as on top of it as last time. Food was nothing special and plates not as sparkling around edges as I'd like. It just wasn't a highlight of my trip to St. Pete this round. Also, maybe I'm missing something, but I noticed in my visits to two Mexican-related restaurants in Florida this year, chips/salsa were not included in the meal. At Red Mesa, I believe this restriction was only at lunch. What, no complimentary chips? Things must really be tough out there!

Visited January 2013
long island,ny
“great garden setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Outdoor Setting, beautiful, food ok.
a little disappointed after the rave reviews. We expected more than fairly ordinary mesican food. The service was very friendly and prompt.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Very fresh Mexican fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have been to Red Mesa Cantina for casual lunches in the outside patio and dinners with 10 – 12 friends inside. We have never been disappointed. All of the dishes we have ordered have been delicious and fresh tasting. The servers are friendly and attentive. We especially like the various ceviche dishes and other choices with octopus and calamari. And, we always get a duck taco or two, no matter what else we are ordering.

The location is nice. It is close enough to the waterfront area to take a nice walk down there before or after eating, yet far enough out that free parking is fairly easy to find. We usually park on 4th street south of Central Avenue and only a block from Red Mesa.

Central City, KY
“If you haven't been - GO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I dined at the Cantina last night and we were very pleasantly surprised. We preferred an indoor seating as it was rather windy and were given a table for two inside. Our server was somewhat slow coming over, so the manager greeted us and took our drink orders. He apologized for the delay. We were impressed with his being so concerned. We had a great waiter. I ordered the ahi taco and the fish taco. The ahi taco is wonderful. The fish taco (mahi) was also very good, but next time I will order two of the tuna taco's; they were that good . My husband ordered the pulled port burrito and it was also delicious. Margarita's were very good - did not taste like something out of a bottle. The best surprise, when we received our check, the waiter informed us the margarita's were on the house because of our wait !!! Needless to say, we were impressed. We plan to return and try the Sunday brunch. Very nice outdoor seating space was very pretty and hopefully we will be able to sit there next visit. Great experience.