“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: An important collection of surrealist works.
12 attraction reviews
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

When we first arrived we went straight for the docent-led tour. This highlighted a handful of paintings and explained the meanings behind them. We then went back to grab self-guided tour headsets which covered about 25 paintings (some already covered by the docent). I have to admit I wish it would have covered all of his works as they are beyond my comprehension and imagination. We spent about 2.5 hours in the building and probably would have taken linger if we had had the time.

You can also spend time in the outside garden and grounds surrounding the building. There is a cafe and gift shop on the premesis as well. Keep in mind it is expensive (a can of soda was $2.68) so I would recommend walking a few blocks to grab a bite at one of the many nearby restaurants.

Visited June 2014

• Polish first
Fort Myers, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Don't miss it, your going to want to go back for more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Went with little understanding about the size of the Dali Collection. Well organized with a narrated tour. Will return for a "guided tour" given the depth and complexity of his works. Don't forget to leave some time to enjoy the building and grounds.

Visited June 2014
habana
6 attraction reviews
“Amaizing Dali Collection ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We made this trip from Miami to Tampa just to visit Dali Museum at St Petersburg and it was worth it!!The Museum surprise me both for the architectural desing and environment as well for the great and wonderfully displayed collection of very important and impressive Dali pieces from different periods. Particularly I was touch by the large paintings that he produced in Usa and I have never seeing in previous exhibitions. We visited last summer a big and also magnificent Dali exhibition at Sofia Imber museum in Madrid, but to me this exhibition in St Petersburg is more beautiful concise and informative, so people could learn and approach to understanding of Dali genius and demons

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
21 attraction reviews
“I never knew he painted "other" works. Amazing collection.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We went on a Saturday and it was TOO crowded. We left and went back during the week. Smaller crowds and much more enjoyable. If you have any health problems, take the elevator, not the winding steps to the 3rd floor. We were there for the Andy Warhol exhibit. Boxes of Campbell's on a table did not do any thing for me. My guest loved it. I had no idea that Salvador Dali painted in such a remarkable way. The painting you need to view from across the room and the "magic eye" of the urn painting. They do have plenty of the sexual paintings. Did i here you say Sigmond and his dad?
So go to this museum as you will not be disappoint!

Visited May 2014
Newport, Rhode Island
“Hello, Dali!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I used to moon over Dali's Last Supper at the National Gallery when I was an impressionable teen. Now, decades later, the Dali Museum has given me the total immersion Dali experience. It left me breathless and awestruck. What a genius! The building itself enfolds the visitor in the aesthetic of the Master; the self-guided tour adds even more information to the beautifully arranged galleries. One tip: if you opt for the free self-guided audio equipment, be sure to check it for function before leaving the kiosk (my partner's wasn't working).

Visited March 2014