“Florida luscious!” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
“Florida luscious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This hotel is filled with hot pink, lime green, black and white wallpaper and huge super graphics! It is a party for the eyes! Our room was huge, well decorated and the bed was enormous and comfy! The bathroom was small compared to the room size but it was nicely designed and well appointed. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. It's located in walking distance to great restaurants and museums. For the price of the stay it was a very good buy.

• Stayed June 2014
Nathan G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for you kind words in your review. We were very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you keep us in mind next time you travel to St Petersburg. Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Indigo for my 21st birthday and booked my room through the hotel. When I checked in to my room, I was given a room that looked nothing like the room that I booked and payed for. When I called the front desk, they told me that there was nothing that they could do for because they were all booked up that night. So instead of having a room that slept 4 (what I needed and booked), I had a room that slept only three. After multiple visits to the front desk, they finally agreed to send up a roll-away bed. However, one of my guests still had to sleep on the couch. I was not happy with how the staff treated me or my guests. I filled out an email with my concerns and asked for a reply email or a call and never heard from Hotel Indigo. Overall, I was very disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Nathan G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that your experience was not up to the standard that Hotel Indigo holds itself to. If you could, please contact me directly so that we may discuss these issues further. My email is ngarner@baystarhotels.com Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Our suite (rm 119) was spacious, with high ceilings & a fresh design. The bed was very comfortable, and the linens were lovely too. All of the staff (valet, maids, bartender) were friendly, attentive & gracious; especially Jeremy at the front desk. Even the in-room coffee was good. The entire hotel (room, common areas, pool) was clean and well kept. My only disappointment; the pool area could use more furniture (lounges, tables & chairs).

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Maitland, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I would have probably been more disappointed in this hotel if it had been the only place I experienced on a vacation or something like that. As it was, I was working on a route inspection team for the Postal Service and spent four months staying all over that area of Florida in different hotels. I point this out only to explain that it was an interesting, but brief, diversion for me. I arrived there on a Sunday, and it was nice to explore nearby, having an appetizer and drinks a couple blocks away at a sidewalk eatery and bar and then seeing a movie at a theater that was practically right next door to the hotel.

Parking was $14 a night if I remember correctly. There is a small bar downstairs in the lobby, and the people I dealt with were all quite nice and friendly. The downside is that I was shocked by how small the rooms were since I had been staying in much larger rooms. There is no bathtub--or there wasn't in my room, at least--just a shower. There are no laundry facilities, which was not welcome news to me. I had to leave there and start work at a post office in Clearwater on Saturday, and I would have liked to do my laundry before leaving.

If you go here looking for a "boutique" and charming little place with a lot of St. Pete nightlife in close proximity, then you will not be disappointed. I enjoyed it as a short diversion, but would personally want more if I was staying there for any length of time. There was a small dresser in the closet that made it hard to hang up my clothes, but that's the only place to put one since the room was very small. One bonus, however, was a Starbucks just a couple blocks away. As long as you go with a clear understanding of what you're getting, you will be okay. It wouldn't be my first choice for a serious trip, but as a pleasant diversion for someone not spending too much time actually in the hotel it is pleasant and unique.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Nathan G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us here at Hotel Indigo, and for taking the time to complete a review on our property. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location as well as our staff. Thank you for letting us know about some of the inconveniences in your room. Being a historic hotel, we take these reviews to heart when trying to come up with way to better the guest experience with the space we have to offer. We hope you keep Hotel Indigo in mind next time you are in the area!
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

The airport staff told me that they had an agreement with this hotel and they would give a special rate to their customers. We went there and ask if they had any rooms available and they said yes. I ask the lady at the front desk about the agreement and she did not know about it. I ask her if she could ask the manager. The manager had just come out so i ask him and he just said that they did in fact had an agreement with the hotel but they did not have any rooms available. I would understand that maybe because it was a Holliday they could not honor the prices but just be honest and say it. There was no need to treat people like that. Because of him the only time i would contemplate staying in one of their hotels it would be because it was the last hotel on earth.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Nathan G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your review of our property. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the service that Hotel Indigo prides itself on. If you would, please contact me further regarding this issue so that we may handle it appropriately. My email is ngarner@baystarhotels.com. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has so many positives things going on with a big downside. The rooms lack cleanliness.

The room we had was a king suite. The room had leftover hairs in the bathroom and on the bed. This is completely unacceptable. There was dust on every blade of the fan and the light fixture in the bathroom had rust on it. There were also small things scuffed up and just not being maintained.

This hotel is in a excellent location where you can walk to most downtown areas. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a really nice porch area to hang out and enjoy drinks.

Management is failing this hotel by not maintaining it better. This hotel should be a downtown destination for travelers.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Nathan G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property and for choosing Hotel Indigo during your recent stay here in St Petersburg. We are very sorry to hear that you stay with us was not up to your standards. We have addressed your issues with our housekeeping department so that the same instances do not occur again. If you would, please contact me directly at the hotel so that we could discuss these issues further. Thank you
Carmel, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo for the IndyCar race weekend. It was so convenient and we could walk to the track and anywhere in downtown St. Pete which was awesome! The staff were absolutely amazing! The hotel rooms were very nice, though the bathrooms were quite small but very functional. The main areas could use a little freshening up, but it had a great vibe and we had a great stay. We love Hotel Indigos and this one did not let us down. We will definitely go back!

Room Tip: The floors are split level, so if stairs are an issue specify that you want to be on the same level...