“Hope you don't want hot water in the morning...” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Melbourne, Florida, United States
“Hope you don't want hot water in the morning...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

While the location was nice, the interior well decorated, we had a major issue with having enough hot water to shower the morning we went to check out - to the extent that we even had to request an extended checkout to have enough time to wait for other guests to finish showering so that we could. Unfortunately it didn't actually switch to cold water until I was a few minutes into the shower and I had a miserable experience - frozen, soapy, etc and logically my husband wanted to call maintenance, even though I was dripping and soapy in a towel. Not fun. I already thought that the room was a bit over priced, but after the shower fiasco I was downright disappointed.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ShannonMayBaystar, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Beth H,

I wanted to take a moment to apologize that you had experienced shower or hot water issues during your stay. I can certainly understand your frustration. Our staff work diligently to ensure guest satisfaction, so I am surprised that if you did report your problem to the desk that it would have been addressed by maintenance or a manager immediately so we could correct this problem. We are almost always able to correct any problems you may have and strive to ensure they don't happen at all. Please feel free to contact me directly and we hope the rest of your stay was satisfactory. We hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Excellent quiet small hotel with outstanding service and staff. Victoria and John did everything to accomodate each of our requests. Housekeeping was wonderful. Very clean room. Excellent location. Close to everything and price is outstanding. Pool is beautiful. We will continue to return to the wonderful jem in downtown St Pete. We cant say enough about the great location. The restaurants and activies are so close. Movies too. Pet friendly.

Room Tip: get on the top floor away from the elevator. And ask for a suite. The fridge and micro wave are a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I tend to stick to safe "name brand" hotels but after this experience may reconsider that! We had a great stay at this hotel. Rooms were comfortable and clean and the staff was very friendly. We experienced a few things that were not convenient during our stay... The lock on the door to our room was broken and we had to wait about 30 minutes before they moved us to a new room and then the elevator was also broken. However, our stay was pleasant and the charm of the hotel was wonderful. The location was convenient to downtown St. Pete. The bathrooms are very small but enough to do what you need to do. My only recommendation for the management is that they add towel holders next to the sinks. If you are looking at this hotel, you should give it a chance. We would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
West Warwick, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I loved the decor. Floridian, but not in a tacky way. Modern and comfortable. The bed and pillows were so comfortable. I really needed a good night's sleep and I got it. The lobby/bar/porch area is really nice and the staff friendly. The pool, however, was quite disappointing. I wanted to stay here to use the pool, and was not able to swim in it. It was beyond dirty. There was a construction stie across the road, so that may have contributed, there was not only debris on the surface, but suspended throughout the depth of the water. I made a complaint at the front desk, and was given some vouchers to quell my discontent. It was a nice gesture. I was not excited about the wall around the pool being so low that passersby could just peer in to the pool area. I would like to see a slightly higher wall built. It would also make the area more relaxing if you weren't looking at people walking down the street. The cushions for the lounge chairs were something to be desired, and not at all what they looked like on the website. As long as my vacation wasn't contingent upon spending a lot of time in the pool, I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
ShannonMayBaystar, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all of the comments and thank you for bringing it to our attention. I am sorry all of the areas did not meet your expectation. Staff works very hard to ensure we have an exceptional facility with exceptional service. With regards to the pool area, we have hired a part-time staff member to take care of the pool and grounds areas. The construction is causing a great deal of dirt, and we are skimming and vacuuming to address the need. We also are looking into a cover for the evenings so we may better combat the contruction dirt until the project is complete. THank you again for your comments and I am sure you will notice improvement when you visit again. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Thanks.
Crystal River, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stay in St. Petersburg, FL about three times a year. This was my second stay at a boutique hotel there. The first was the Ponce Deleon located closer to the waterfront area above a restaurant. At that hotel the rooms were too small and I didn't care for the 2:00am fights outside the restaurant. I tried the Hotel Indigo, hoping the rooms were bigger and the location a little more quiet. I was also attracted to the pool and restaurant in the hotel. However, in the Hotel Indigo the rooms were even smaller than at the Ponce Deleon and the bathrooms were the size of postage stamps. I decided that if you stay at boutique hotels you're paying extra for the bright color scheme but don't expect a better experience unless you don't mind being cramped.

Room Tip: They say the suites are bigger but they are much more expensive. Two double beds will get you a big...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ShannonMayBaystar, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Mr. Ralph S,

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay here at our hotel. We are sorry it did not live up to your expectations. Hotel Indigo as a brand is about exploring the neighborhood, bringing that into the hotel. Our hotel was built in 1924 with all of the original sizes and quaintness of the early 1900's hotels. We are very excited our historic hotel is a big piece of the neighborhood story. We pride our boutique hotel with excellent guest service and attention to details and hope you felt that as well. We hope you will consider us again but again, we appreciate all of your feedback and wish you the best of luck.
Bonita Springs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel Sat. night, reserved a suite for 236.00. I thought it was in walking distance to Tropicana Stadium, wrong. It was however three blocks from the free trolly which runs directly to the stadium which is a lot longer than walking distance. About 10 minutes by trolly.The suite was very old and looked to be remolded several times. The air conditioner in the room was at top of the wall next to the ceiling. It was very small and would only run on high for about 5 minutes and than drop to low. By no means could the air get to the bed which was on the other end of the room. I realized this around 11:00 PM and I immediately called the front desk to inform them of the problem. I was told no maintenance people where on duty at that time. It was a miserable night. I will say the bed was very nice and the sheets were great. The bath was very small with a small sink and shower. To give you an example the suite was about one half the size of a Embassy Suite.It was more like a large room. It did have a small ref. and microwave and It would have been suitable if the air worked. Upon finding my express checkout bill the next morning I could not get to the front desk fast enough. Another thing,the elevator stops with a heavy thunk, kinda like a airplane coming in for a rough landing. At the front desk Nathan was very nice when I explained the A.C. problem to him. He had already spoke to Mike, the night front desk person. His first offer was I can give you some reward points and my response was," I don't think so "I told him I wanted compensation and when we were done negotiating I was very pleased with the final bill. All in all the hotel is small but friendly and if I were desperate I would stay there again.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience of your recent stay with us. I do apologize it did not live up to your expectations. I do appreciate your positive remarks regarding our staff as they work very diligently to provide the utmost best customer service. I am concerned regarding some of your comments as it seems you were overall satisfied with the end result.

Best wishes to you in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

a little on the old side, but the charm and "vibe" of this place is really cool... probably the nicest staff i've ever run into in a hotel. quiet little pool area, and the room amenities are really cool for a hotel in this price range. Aveda products, and a smith and hawken bench for example. really liked staying here.... didnt see a kid in sight, which was a relief after the orlando experience... ha.

Room Tip: probably would opt for a larger style room at this location..
Dear James W,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here at Hotel Indigo. We take pride in excellent guest service and are so happy you decided to share your positive experience with other travelers. We appreciate your notice to our amentities which help make us unique as well as highlight the Hotel Indigo brand. Thank you again and we look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Been to Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North? Share your experiences!