“Great little spot” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 46 hotels in St. Petersburg
newton
“Great little spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We only stayed here for one night as we came to St. Pete to see the Dali Museum. Very nice little hotel and very convenient to downtown. Good parking which is good since it is walking distance to everything and parking downtown is not so easy. Nice staff. Colorful hotel and well maintained.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ryan P, Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
We are glad you had such a great trip to our Hotel and the Dali! Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Hartford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I originally chose this hotel for the location - walking distance of some many fun things in downtown St. Pete. Plus I was running in the Women's marathon & could walk to the start. The pictures of the place looked cute so I was willing to give the Hotel Indigo a try. What I did not count on was the absolutely amazing level of customer service every single staff person there provided. It was eveident that management treats the staff well & they in turn treat the customer's well. Not only is everyone nice, they are sincere! Chris the bar tender gladly opened a bottle of wine for us that was purchased elsewhere ( our group bought 2 more bottles from him so he came out ahead!) Two women in housekeeping helped us with our room keys. The front desk staff came up imediately to show us how to regulate the temp in our room (it was cold at first), Walter from maintenance came up several times to make sure the battery wasn't dying in our key card control (it wasn't). Every person who worked the fronty desk were helpful, cheerful, greeted each person as they walked by. This was not fake, Disney-like happy but legitimate how can I make your stay better happy. My only complaint was the bathroom was a little small but really, how much time should you spend in the bathroom on vacation? But it was clean, cute & the bed was awesome. This is an amzing place - the management team is proud of their staff & it shows.

Room Tip: Tell the front desk what you want - they will work extra hard to make you happy!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the incredible review! We are very fortunate to have such an incredible team here, and welcoming guests like yourselves makes our job that much easier. Thank you very much for taking the time to recognize those that made a difference in your stay. I can't wait to share this with everyone here!

Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I love this Hotel.The room was very clean, the staff was helpful and very nice. I love the hard wood floors and the colors. The bed was very comfortable. Had that old downtown charm. Easy parking.Walked everywhere we needed to go. We wil be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so happy that you choose to stay with us during Chill Lounge! Thank you for the great comments and taking the time to review your stay. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Tavares, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Yah. you could ding this place on a few nits here and there, but the SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING, EVERYONE, from front desk to housekeeping to barrista was wonderfully welcoming! I don't think I've ever seen such a consistent happy staff, and everyone was in the "make you welcome" state of mind, so matter what time of day. Nice location, lovely front porch area. I'm not a lime green fan, and I hate pergo, but I loved the folks managing the place, everyone was nice, no exceptions!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our room on our first night was above a wedding party (they had a great time!) in a room that smelled badly. The door fit poorly allowing more noise and hallway light in - not a big deal, but consistent with the property's general condition. We asked to be moved, but there were no options. We were moved for the second night, and the room was O.K., but certainly not a good value for the price.

The brightly painted and decorated rooms try to mask an old property in less than great condition. For instance, bathroom design in both was weak, and shower floor sloped the wrong way so even though the drain worked fine, water accumulated on the floor.

Room Tip: There are differences in rooms and avoiding a late arrival makes getting a better room more likely.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ryan P, Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We value your feedback, and see that you had some challanges during your stay. The appropriate departments will be alerted to the issues that you incurred during your stay so we can resolve them for our future guests. If you would like to speak with me further, I would welcome the opportunity.

727-822-4814
Tallahassee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel is gorgeous! It is on a brick street with wonderful tropical vegetation, and puts you back into a different ime. The hotel was built in the 1920s, during Florida's boom, and they've left a few of the old touches, such as a procelain water dispenser on the wall so the guests could get their own cooled water and take it to their rooms. The place has been renovated into a swanky, boutique place with wonderful lime green as the dominant color. There is a mural in each room on one wall, wonderful designer beds, laminate wood floors. The mattresses and sheets are great. The bathroom is small, but wonderfully updated with Aveeno products and a really cute sink, and it seemed scrupulously clean.

The location is great: within blocks of the pier and the museums and the waterfront. The place is right in downtown, so you can walk to everything. There is a small restaurant in the large lobby and lots of comfortable seating. The lobby was full of people relaxing and chatting each time I went through it. There is a pool, and a business center with computers and a copy machine, but I never did check out the pool to see if it had a vintage flavor.

But this hotel got only 4 stars instead of 5 because my room was a bit noisy, and at one point way more than a bit noisy. When I first went in my room I noticed a loud buzzing. I couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from, but the floor of my room was literatlly vibraring. I could feel it in my feet. So I went to the front desk, they called a maintenance guy, and it turned out that the ceiling fan (each room has a ceiling fan) in the room below was on. The guy turned it off and the woman at the front desk assured me that they would not be renting that room that night. That took care of the problem. In the morning I could hear the person in the room above me walking around (the hotel has 3 floors). I was already awake so it wasn't a big deal, but what I realized is that the hotel probably wasn't built with the soundproofing we have in newer motels. But if it weren't for the noise problems, I would have given this place 5 stars.

Oh, and when I looked out my large window I got to see a beautiful rubber tree. I liked that too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding. Got a deal through Hotwire. Older "boutique" hotel within walking distance of St. Pete downtown. Parking is limited. Bathrooms small but well-stocked. Would have expected an included continental breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North? Share your experiences!