“I'll be back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Zephyrhills, Florida
“I'll be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We spent one night at this perfectly placed hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I liked the history of the building and didn't expect that it would be like a newly built establishment. I'm surprised by the comments about small rooms as our room (228) was very big. The view is not pretty but I wasn't staying in St Pete to look out my window. Room 228's location is such that you only share a wall on one side so neighbor noise is a minimized. Do bring earplugs (as I do to any hotel) to let you sleep through the occasional hallway noise. I didn't notice any noise from the floor above though I'm not sure if the hotel was fully booked. We didn't try the on site cafe or bar but plan to the next time. This place has a great location - we walked everywhere and didn't have to deal with St Pete parking issues. There seemed to be plenty of hotel parking, extra spots are tucked around the back of the hotel so they can be missed if you don't go around. The bathroom was smallish, but the shower was a nice size. I would recommend a towel bar to management as there is nowhere to hang a hand towel. There is a small pool area and a hot tub - the area appeared to be on the shady side, so it wouldn't be ideal for sunbathers. The staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. No complaints at all from us.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
lscragg, Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, October 8, 2011
Thank for taking the time to write this review. It is always nice to hear that guests have enjoyed their stay at the Hotel Indigo. We hope to see you again sometime in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

This hotel is dog-friendly, the location is fabulous for avid walkers, family-friendy, immaculate and the service is fantastic! We have stayed here about 3-4 times in the past year and have received nothing less than excellent service each time. The staff is friendly, knowledgable and professional. I can't say enough good things about this establishment...not to mention the affordability. Whether or not you are are travelling to St. Pete from a far off destination or you are planning a "stay-cation", as we Tampanians do, the Hotel Indigo is a fantastic, affordable, eclectic and fun place to go. Give it a shot. It's anything but ordinary!

Room Tip: Ask! There are no hidden agendas.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
lscragg, Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, September 11, 2011
Thank you for your response!! We love to hear when a guest enjoys coming back to visit the Hotel indigo time and time again. We can't wait to see you again soon on another of your "stay-cation".
Valdosta ga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I love the Hotel Indigo in Jacksonville and I have booked the Hotel Indigo in Atlanta for a football game in September, but this Indigo was a huge disappointment. Hotel Indigo is touted as a boutique hotel in the International Hotel group. Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express are other hotels in this group. We love Holiday Inns and Expresses! Anyway, this hotel is in Downtown St. Pete and is on the trolley run to Tropicana Stadium and close to lots of bars and restaurants. We were in town for a Rays game and wanted to take the free trolley. This is an old hotel that was renovated for hotel Indigo. We pulled our car up into the circle drive to get checked in. The large front Veranda of the hotel is lovely w/ outdoor seating. The entrance of the hotel is gorgeous, the colors were Kiwi green, hot pink, and very tropical but w a contemporary twist. Loved it. The front desk was vacant when we arrived, but shortly we were greeted by a friendly woman and given our keys. We were on the 2nd floor (I think only 2 floors to this hotel). First we had to park the car - ha ha ha. They had maybe 30 spaces on property and they were full so we went behind the property to a city lot (full of ruts and gravel) - no luck. Oh yes, did I mention it was First Friday? (That explains why the city lot was full). We pulled back into the circle drive and went back to the front desk. She said we could park on the street in front of the hotel but it was full as well so we just parked in the circle drive behind two others. Got to the room. The decor was nice and the bedding and mattresses were fantastic, BUT because this was an old hotel, the room was on the small size w/ two double beds and the bathroom was a complete joke. The sink was about a 16 inch white square sink with the toilet (I think original as it was sooo low to the floor) right next to it and next to the toilet a very nice sized shower (no tub). Next to the sink was the outlet and over the sink a large mirror w/ a 5 inch shelf on the bottom of it extending from the sink over the toilet. Where to put the toiletries? How about on that 5 inch shelf right over the toilet bowl. I was afraid something was going to end up in the toilet. Where to put my flat iron? I set it on the toilet lid. How about my bag of makeup? My husbands Dopp kit? They were on the floor just outside the bathroom. The desk was full of other stuff so no room. The shower was one of those that doesn't drain and you end up w your feet in all the sunscreen and dirt you just washed off your body. You could tell that when they'd clean the shower they could never rinse very well due to the drain issue and therefore the corners of the shower were full of gunk. The AC worked very well and we got the room freezing cold like we like and we slept like babies in our comfy beds, but as a woman, I just couldn't take the inconvenience of the bathroom, dirty shower aside.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a best room if all the bathrooms are like ours
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
lscragg, Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, September 3, 2011
Thank for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry that our historic hotel Indigo's 1920s charm was not what you were expecting as far as the rooms were concerned. I will discuss the issue of the shower with the Housekeeping department. If you are every in the area again please give our hotel another try.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Pros:
* Really a great location - especially if you are traveling with your dog. Best pet-friendly location in the city. Easy walking distance to the park , dining, shops and pier. (Tip: avoid the 'Baywalk' shopping complex)
* Friendly staff. Front desk and Housekeeping helpful and very nice.
* Relaxing décor. Nice front porch and lobby.
Cons:
* Thin walls and floors. Get a 3rd floor, end unit if possible. It is an older building with thin wooden flooring and walls, so you will hear the guests above you. If you get partiers above (or adjacent) you may be in for a long night. If you have a problem, mention it to the front desk. The guy I had was ready to address the situation.
* Rooms are small. Workable for a couple, but try to squeeze 4 people in a double and you have the potential for a scene out of the “The Shining”. The bathroom is also very small. Again, workable for a couple but a nightmare if you have 4 people in a double. Very little shelf space and no hooks for wet towels, so no place to put them except the floor. Management.. if reading.. please install towel hooks on the wall. The tiny stubs on the back of the door are useless. In fact, put coat-hooks in the rooms as well.
* Coffee in the room sucks big time. The little coffee makers are scary dirty. They should have coffee going in the lobby 24/7 like the LaQuinta's.
Misc:
Speaking of “The Shining” this is an interesting hotel. It is old, old, old. Like St. Pete itself. I thought it gave the place character, but I can see how some people might find it a little creepy.
Overall the location, staff, cleanliness and pet-friendliness make up for the cons. I would stay there again. Friendliness towards your pet goes a long way.

Room Tip: Get a 3rd floor unit if possible - less noise
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
lscragg, Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this review as we value all of our guest's comments and I will be discussing your suggestions with the other managers. We look foward to seeing you and your pet when you visit the area in the future.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I was a bit nervous about staying in an older hotel, however all of the nicer hotels in St. Petersberg are over 50 years old. The Indigo had an attractive exterior and lobby with bar. Although the hotel was old and historic, it had recently been refurbished giving it modern amenities. The location was very good with a 5 minute walk to the sea with plenty of restaurants and ice cream shops. There are, however, "colorful" figures seen walking around the hotel; so it is not advisable to walk alone after dark.

The rooms were nice and clean, however, they were exceptionally small.
Wallpaper and bedspreads in rooms were an eye-popping green, pink and black that can give some a headache. It seems that the toilet and elevator were left out during the renovation (the toilet was an original American Standard, and the elevator creaked and when it arrived at your floor and it stopped so violently that it made me jump. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. The hotel did not have central air so there were in-room single-unit air conditioners. In hotels I have stayed at in the past, these units are very noisy but this one cooled the room and was silent.

The maids and front desk personnel are very kind and helpful. Additionally, the maids replace the shampoo and conditioner, which is nice for a change. There is free parking, however, it does not look to secure. The pool - like the rooms - is very small.

This is a very nice hotel and I would stay here again. It may be a turn off to picky travelers, though.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
lscragg, Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Thank you so much for your review. It is nice to hear that your experience at the Hotel Indigo was a good one and that you will be coming back to visit again!
st petersburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I was in St Pete for work, it was 2 AM on a Sunday and they had rooms available. Originally looking just for a place to crash for the, I ended up staying there my entire trip. The hotel is great, great location, great decor, great staff and best of all a great on site cafe. Speaking of the staff when you check-in ask for Nicole, she is very helpful and recommended a great restaraunt. The cafe/bar is located in big common area and out patio, which i used to enjoy the breezes off the bay at night.

One complaint the rooms are small, but nobody comes to St Pete just to stay in the hotel room. At least I didn't so it was perfect for me to recharge after work and before it went out to enjoy the city.

I totally recommend the hotel and look forward on staying there on both personal and professional travels to St Pete.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
lscragg, Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review. It is nice to hear that a guest is so pleased with not only our hotel but the staff, that they will be coming back for both their business and personal stays in the future. We look forward to you staying again at the hotel Indigo!
orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Went for an overnight to see a Tampa Bay Rays game.Price on a bid on priceline was
excellent.Hotel location was absoulutely perfect.Downtown St. Pete, two blocks from the bay.Lobby is nice as can be. Staff could not be friendlier.Room is a little small but the bed,tv with cable selection,toiletries,shower seat (a great touch) are all good. I would advise a "full figured" man or women that the bathroom could be tight.Parking is good. Stadium is 5 minutes by free shuttle bus just south of hotel. You can walk to it. We didn't walk as it is was overcast( rain was expected) and parked in lot( $5.00) at the shuttle stop.
All in all a nice getaway. Oh yes check out the Central Ave. Oyster Bar.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
lscragg, Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again sometime in the future, maybe for another Rays game!!

Been to Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North? Share your experiences!