“Great hotel, great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #19 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Cape Coral, Florida
“Great hotel, great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed at this marvelous Hotel Indigo the last week of June 2011, but I've been here several times before because it is always clean, safe, attractive, and within walking distance of all the downdown St. Petersburg attractions. This is an older hotel that has been renovated with an eye towards the unique Hotel Indigo brand perspective. The decor is chic and colorful. The rooms have a gigantic earth-themed total-wall mural between the beds. The beds and pillows were perfect. None of the rooms have a tub-shower only-but the shower is unusual with small glass inserts and a central curtain, plus an adjustable-height shower head. Each shower has a teakwood stool inside; I never use that, but it's fairly unusual in a hotel. The employees are very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: All Hotel Indigos are part of the Holiday Inn chain, so sign up for their frequent guest plan (www.p...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
lscragg, Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
We always love to hear from our repeat guest and what keeps bringing them back to us when staying in the area. We can't wait for your return in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Some mixed reviews here on TripAdvisor. . . but as typically the case, nothing to be much concerned with. Pros on Hotel Indigo: location - near everything downtown. Clean room. The bathroom is small. . . but clean, modern and just fine for what needs to be done there. Have bicycles to loan for free, which we took advantage of. Love the historic aspect of the hotel. . . even though the interior is decorated very modern and hip. Kinda reminds me of a NYC or South Beach Hotel. Cons: housekeeping starting knocking on doors down the hall at 9 am on a sunday! Too early! On the 2nd night we were there, some late night partiers came down the hall making noise. . . but that's not the hotel's fault. Overall i rate it good. ... . .esp for the price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights. The location was convenient for me -- downtown, within walking distance to restaurants, Starbucks, the pier. The hotel is located in an old building, but renovated with modern decor. Since the building is old, the bathrooms are quite small and the room was about average sized. However, it was the cleanliness that was an issue. As soon as I arrived and checked in, I saw that there was urine on the toilet seat in my room. The front desk was very responsive and had it cleaned immediately. However, the next morning I noticed hair (not mine) in the shower and on the bathroom floor. The third night, I came back around 9 pm and my room hadn't been cleaned at all. Housekeeping entered the room to change the towels, so it is not like they just missed the room by mistake. When I called down to the front desk, they were very apologetic, offered to have someone come clean it, but also mentioned that I was the second person from the third floor to complain about an unclean room. I noticed that there was also a laundry cart and garbage bag in the hallway (which was still there in the morning). My last night, the sink wasn't cleaned (stains that were there in the morning were still there at night). But I shouldn't have been surprised as there was some spilled toothpaste on the counter for 3 days. The rest of the hotel didn't seem to be maintained either -- there were large stains on the hall carpets and dead leaves and bugs floating in the pool.

On a positive note, the front desk people were very responsive and apologetic. I was given a credit for one night's stay after I discussed these issues with the manager, but I would still think twice before staying here -- at least in the next 6 months. Hopefully they will re-train or replace the housekeeping staff. I've stayed in 2 other Indigo hotels (NYC, Asheville, NC) and had good experiences. But this one in St Pete was quite shocking and a tarnish on the Indigo brand.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for two nights. I had very good first impressions. Really liked the lobby area and it was close to where my grandmother lives. They have a lot of parking. However, my wife noticed what appeared to be blood on the bathroom floor. I placed a towel over it as the hotel was full and it was late at night so figured I could just deal with it in the morning. We left for the day the following morning and I asked the front desk to please clean our bathroom. I figured it would be standard procedure to sweep and mop the bathroom floor. When we came back to our room at night time, the bathroom had fresh towels in it, but the blood spot was still on the tile. I mentioned this to someone when we were checking out and they made it seem as if the cleaning crew has been slacking lately. In addition to this, the internet in the lobby did not work at all. They redirected me to an office computer, which ran extremely slowly.

Overall, very dissatisfied with our stay. We will not be back. The star rating should be dropped to 1/2 of a star.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Pasco, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

Stayed here in order to go to a RAYS game. upon arriving the front porch and lobby were very welcoming. Very captivating. Then you enter to the frontdesk to check in where you meet Dawn. Beautiful spirit this young lady has. Ask her anything and she will accomadate your every need even outside her obligations. Then upon entering your room your greeted with clean and beauty wrapped into peace. Envision that if you may.
Yes the rooms are smaller than an average hotel but the building has its historic beauty. Its very much acceptable for couples and buisness. not so much if your trying to sleep 5 people in one room, then i could see some mobility issues.
The beds...ooooohhh the beds, I want one. the most comfortable bed i have ever slept in in my many years of life.
So close to everything you may need , and also a trolley to take to the rays cames about two blocks away from hotel.
There is one upset. Theres a blonde headed young housekeeper there that is rude beyond belief. I asked her where i could find ice and she rolled her eyes and sighed as though i was bothering her. She did tell me where to get it but if you see her I wouldnt ask her anything. You may very well ruin her day. dont know her name but with an attitude like hers she wont get far. She is the only bad thing that happened during my stay. She also worked the frontdesk one day so we didnt bother asking her about suggestions to eat but went to the bar where jessica gladly told us many places and ideas. she was so very helpful as well. Thank you Dawn and Jessica for all the help. we will see you again soon.

Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

While concept of hotel was nice, overall room, especially bathroom was way too small. Room was adequately clean and service acceptable, but would not return. We were there for a wedding and had a discounted rate but would never have paid full price.

I was not expecting much based on the reviews here, and I think that helped. I saw a suite and it was much better in size but overall, the place was not for me.

Room Tip: Room 314 is tiny. Get a suite instead.
Bonita Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

I must say, the few times I get away are very important to my husband and I. We can't afford to take many trips during this tough economic time, and we just happened to plan a two-night stay at the Indigo due to my son's graduation in Tampa. We were delighted with the hotel, its cozy feel and warm decor, but mostly we were grateful for the extremely helpful and friendly staff... specifically DAWN at the front desk. She was there whenever we needed her for WHATever we needed.. with a smile and professionalism one rarely sees these days. I can't say enough about her!!! Indigo is very lucky to have such an employee representing them. If I had it within my power, I would reward her monitarily. Thank you for a great time and a wonderful two days in St. Pete. I'd also like to mention Maria.. the chef, was wonderful. We felt were dining in a fine foods restaurant and had no need to seek another place to eat!! Kudos!!!! Sincerely, Cindy and Dave Frania

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the bathroom size 1st!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North? Share your experiences!