“Great Value, Location, and Perks” 4 of 5 stars

Alden Beach Resort Hotel St Petersburg
5900 GULF BOULEVARD, St. Petersburg, FL 33706   |
Ranked #27 of 46 hotels in St. Petersburg
Frankfort, Indiana
“Great Value, Location, and Perks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Alden Beach Resort proved to be a very good choice for our 5 night stay in Florida. We had a poolside King Suite on the corner 2nd floor, that was all we had hoped it would be, Clean, nice sized, well furnished, and comfortable. The small kitchen was adequate and supplied with the necessary utensils, sink, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. A/C was great as was the always hot water and plenty of towels which is unusual for most stays today! 2 very nice pools and 2 hot tubs. Walk right out to very nice beach area just behind Gulf view tower. Great staff that was very accomodating and friendly. Located close to many eateries and shops. Only complaint - no free wifi- very expensive at $10/day. Overall, though, just a great place to stay and would recommend you give it a try.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
waverly iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This was my first stay at the Alden Suites on St. Pete Beach. I really enjoyed this resort. I had a poolside King Suite. It had a small little kitchen, with dishes, pans, silverware, all you need to cool a meal. A couch that made into a bed. The king size bed was very comfortable. The sink outside the bathroom was really low for some reason, but that is no reason to not to come back! There is a safe inside the closet. The room had a little hair dryer, pool towels, extra shower towels. I really enjoyed the two chairs outside each room, you can sit out there and have your coffee.
This resort has two pools, two hot tubs, and area with three gas grills for you to use to grill out. There is also a little bar if you would like to get drinks,
I have always stayed at the Tradewind Suites right next door, but I like the Alden Suites much better, they also have free parking! Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This place is a little older and not as "posh" as some other hotels, but was comfortable, clean, friendly, and had the BEST staff ever! I am absolutley returning as many times as my pocketbook will allow!

They have two nice heated pools, two jacuzzis, a cookout area with gas grills and tables , and a great variety of suite and room offerings. They do not have a restaurant, but they have a nice beach bar and a great snack/gift shop.

Mark at the snack/gift shop knows every place to go in the area, and is just the greatest breath of fresh air and fun in Florida! Smart, funny - a visit to the gift shop for a soda and a chat lifts your spirits!

The front desk folks and cleaning crew are also wonderful - polite, friendly, efficient. The whole place radiates a warm, friendliness that makes your stay relaxing and fun. Highly recommend!!!

Best place I've stayed on St. Pete - and I've stay at a few different posh-places!!

Room Tip: Nice suites facing the beach have a kitchen - so you can spend more time having fun, and less time a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

In my usual quest for hotels/ resorts that are affordable AND offer lots of space for large families I was SO HAPPY to find this place. We were staying in St. Pete Beach for one night & I needed to find a clean, comfortable, roomy hotel right on the beach and this fit perfectly. I spent hours online trying to find the right place & through the help of TripAdvisor and a couple of other sites I narrowed it down to the Alden Beach Resort.
When we arrived the front desk staff was very friendly. Our room was ready early which was a nice surprise. When we got into the room we were amazed at the size. When we first walked in there was the bedroom area with 2 queen beds. There was a door so you could close off the bedroom area. Then the bathroom & closet area. THEN you walk into a nice sized living area with pullout couch, kitchenette, dinette table & balcony (ours overlooked pool). This was plenty of space for our family plus it gave us room to eat dinner we bought from Publix right down the street.
When we went down to the beach we passed 2 pools. They were ok, not fancy resort pools at all but they were fine. We passed a shuffleboard court, basketball court & tennis court. Right by the beach there's a tiki bar and cornhole game is set up.
The beach was nice. Very close to this resort were watersport rentals & a huge kids play area-- water trampoline, etc. We could see it all perfectly from our spot on the beach. I was so glad we stayed right on the beach.
The only thing I didn't like too much (& I know for next time) is we were staying in the first building--it was closest to the street. The buildings start there & the rest go closer to the Gulf. We heard all the street noises at night & the band playing at the bar across the street. It made it a little hard to go to sleep. But once I went to sleep I was fine-- the beds were comfy. I would definitely ask for a building further away from the street and closer to the beach next time.
Also, we are from Palm Beach County and most of our hotels and resorts are so perfect and clean that we get used to that. I grew up in Central Florida and went to Clearwater Beach every weekend so I know that a lot of those hotels & motels are older and don't seem as squeaky clean. Alden was just that-- clean but not polished. It was still a great experience and we would definitely go back! Next time we'll stay longer than one night!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Niagara Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We flew in during the tail end of the tropical storm, having never stayed on the Gulf Coast before and expecting placid blue water. The hotel beach was flooded and the surf was unbelievable - we (dangerously, probably) had a ball for hours bodysurfing in the stormy water. The property itself was perfect for my two teenage sons, husband and I. Our rooms were adequate size, the full kitchenette and bathroom were not huge but large enough not to feel cramped, and the daily housekeeping service was reliable and kept-us well stocked with plenty of towels and amenities. I must mention the staff - they were friendly and helpful, and amused us with their suggestions and personality. The pools were nice, bar was small but friendly with a nice bartenders, and the patio with grills was a great place to hang out. I would definitely go back. Although not luxe, it was a really wonderful value.

Room Tip: Go for the "deluxe Gulf-front" rooms, If you like a bigger balcony, specify it. Some of...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed here with family for 4 nights.
Pros: Nice beach view and beach, Nice pool,Bathroom appeared recently updated, Liked our housekeeper.
Cons: Was told by front desk that we would get a room away from the noise but, in fact, our balcony was right over the bar and the front of our room was right above the pool.The message light on our phones was flashing but there was no message. Was told someone would come up to reprogram the phones but they never came. Covered up the one in the bedroom with a towel so we could sleep.Never received a newspaper as advertised and on the one day I called for one, the desk clerk said they were at the front desk but he would try to find someone to bring one up. Back hurts from old saggy bed and the linens were threadbare. Upon checking my bank account after arriving home, saw that I had been charged $60.00 more than motel total. When I called, the lady said the charge was for "incidentals" and it would be taken off of my account in 2 to 3 days. This was out of the blue as there was no mention of this verbally or in the motel literature.
Won't stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
St. John's, NL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We booked online based upon previous reviews and it is good value for the rate we paid. Could be updated. It was a family vacation. Bedroom decor was dark/depressing. But clean, well equipped and close to grocery store and good places to grab a bite.

Room Tip: We were facing the parking lot and first pool. Rooms facing the beach seemed better located.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Alden Beach Resort Hotel St Petersburg? Share your experiences!