“Over 60 years old and a mainstay in St. Pete, it's worth a visit...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ted Peters Famous Smoked Fish

Cuisines: German, Seafood, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Florida
“Over 60 years old and a mainstay in St. Pete, it's worth a visit...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you want to venture into something off the beaten path, this is a cool family owned place to check out. Enjoyed the smoked mackerel with a side of the German potato salad here. It's "cash only" and has a rustic feel with the wooden benches. A big plus in humid, sunny Florida is the air conditioned seating option.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hurst, Texas
“Don't Let Its Looks Deceive You - The Food is Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've been coming to St. Pete regularly on business over the past year and every time I've driven past the place on Pasadena Ave I've wondered about their food. After all a place that serves primarily smoked fish is not the norm for those of us who do not live near the ocean or a large body of water. But then again there were always plenty people dining at various hours of the day, which certainly appealed to the foodie in me, and to my adventurous palate.
This trip I made certain I didn't drive past it in the wrong lane or was left wondering if the food was really that good. So this timeI stopped in about 11:45 AM for lunch, and there weren't many tables left so I knew I was in for a treat. My waitress assisted this Ted Peters newbie with the menu and I tried the smoked mackerel lunch plate, which I must admit it was a delightful experience. The food was very good, the waitresses were helpful and understanding (not impatient with some tourist she might never see again) and the overall experience was truly unique. I'm looking forward to trying the fish spread on my next trip especially since there were so many around me who were continuously commenting about how good it was. Rest assured I will be back again on my next trip.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“The aroma called us!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We found ourselves sitting in traffic at approx. 11:45am today and could smell the aroma of smoked food. My sister and I said" we're pulling in where ever that smell is coming from". Great little find, took the last 2 seats at the outside bar and the tables around us filled up quickly. By the time we left, cars were waiting for parking spots and people waiting for tables. Started with the fish spread which we ended up taking half home in a doggie bag. Next we had lunch portion of mahi-mahi and mackerel. Again half went home with us and made a great appetizer for the guys after golfing. I was offered a sample of the manhattan (red) clam chowder which was surprising good....just too much food to order. Service was interesting....If I was in town for longer than a week I'd be back for the tasty smoked fish! It might be helpful to know they take cash only. Our bill was about $44 pre tip. I also got a great looking t-shirt for approx. $12.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dunedin, Florida
“Too much noise”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The restaurant was full of guests and we could hardly hear ourselves. The food was good but not outstanding. It is best to arrive early to avoid the business rush.

Gulfport, FL
“If you like smoked fish...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Good food at a good price. Located close to south beaches in Pinellas County. Has been there for several decades. Highly recommend.

• Visited December 2011