“Great Bang for the Buck” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 768 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Located in St. Petersburg, PoFolks has a huge menu that includes seafood, grilled items, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, and dee-serts! We also have over 20 homestyle vegetable choices available everyday!
Titusville, Florida
“Great Bang for the Buck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was a great little resturant in a "tougher" part of town. We really weren't sure about where to go but it sure did a wonderful job of taking care of a late nite dinner. The food was plentyful and with an excellent down home southern style, just the way we like it. We will be back for more next trip around St. Pete.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
1 Thank sandyshells2000

Denver, Colorado, United States
“Surprisingly good food and pleasant service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This trip found me in an unfamiliar area of St. Petersburg, FL. I was staying at a Hampton Inn on 34th St. North and looking for a nearby restaurant. The name Po' Folks for a restaurant was intriguing and I didn't have my Trip Advisor handy to look it up and read the reviews! Well, it had more than a few senior citizens there and the ubiquitous hanging plastic plants. The menu had a lot of chicken, fish, some beef and lots of fried foods. I ordered two fried chicken breasts with cajun spices. The plate arrived almost in record time. The chicken was simply delicious. The crust was marvelous and the cajun spices added a great flavor. The chicken breasts were piping hot and very juicy. The sides of baked potato and broccoli with cheese were also reasonably sized and very tasty. My wait person was a delight with whom to interact and very attentive. The check arrived and together with the iced tea and a dip of ice cream, the total bill with tax was $12.99. What a bargain and a fully satisfied tummy! I would gladly go back and take the family.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
1 Thank Robert M
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“Surprise, surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Being from Minnesota, we thought that we should eat at some of the local places in the area. We ran across this "little" place and decided to give it a try. Upon arriving in the parking lot we noticed Country/Western Music being played over the outside speakers. Hmmm. A clue. We walked inside and were welcomed with smiles from everyone! The hostess and servers were very friendly and willing to answer all our questions. The food was very good and there was a lot of it! The chicken was top notch (highly recommend it) and the fish also got high marks. Since we were only staying in the St. Petersburg area for three days, but we managed to eat here twice. When the food is great, we return! We were very surprised, to say the least!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
1 Thank ImaWingBiker
Bath, Maine
“Most delicious fried chicken ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was our 3rd visit to this restaurant! They have a welcoming hostess, attentive wait staff, and yummy chicken. I also tried the Talipia fish (blackened)- that was also delicious. Not thrilled with their mashed potatoes or white gravy though. All sides are rather small, but the main portion (chicken, whatever else) are ALOT! It is also fun to see all of the candy from "the old days"- when it cost a penny or 5cents, but now- well...alot more! They have to make money somehow- as they don't serve alcohol! Place is always super busy, so you know that's because it is so good. I admit I have a phobia about lack of cleanliness of restrooms- theirs could definitely use a real good scrubbing!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
1 Thank Leslie N
Bradenton, Florida
“Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Today we went to the restaurant to eat lunch as we sometimes do frequently , because my grandson is an All Children's Baby.Beings we live in Bradenton and drive to All Children's regularly, we frequent Po Folks. Today however, very very disappointing. Hostess, nice. Our server Charlie needs to find another line of work. Took forever to even greet us. Offered tea lemonade and coke. My daughter said"I try your lemonade. He came back with PINK lemonade,failed to mention that.So he brought her a sprite instead. She asked about the gizzards, he told her he didn't eat them so he didn't know,so she asked for chicken tenders,he asked "basket or dinner"? She told him dinner. Our food arrived and she received gizzards. She was gonna go ahead and eat them but, I explained that she had asked for chicken tenders. He fixed it but it was a basket. Which she ate anyway. No prebussing.Even after at least 10 times walking by empty handed.Then I asked for a box for mine and my grandsons leftovers which I placed all on 1 plate..Along with a sweet tea and sprite t go. I always stack all dishes (as i too am a server). He took some dishes at this time.I went to restroom which was FILTHY , come on people you just opened at 11am ,we are leaving at noon please , it was nasty.I come out and my daughter says your going to be pissed. I asked why? Then tells me, he brought the drinks and check, and while she's looking at the check grabs the plate of food .So when we go to check out,we spoke to manager about what had happened. Of course she apologises for this and says she will speak to him.I also purchased 2 lollipops.So our bill was NOT compensated at all not even for the food that was thrown away.On the ride home I was in disbelief how Customer service means nothing any more. My restaurant would have fixed this right away,not I'll talk to him. Very disappointed. Will NOT return.I'll go to Popi's in bradenton and just wait. Clean this place up. It's not the same. SAD!!!

• Visited January 2013