“Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Arlington Heights
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We ate here twice for lunch and once for dinner, and we couldn't have been more pleased. The service was wonderful, and the menu is reasonably priced - especially for lunch. There is a marinated vegetable salad as "side choice" for lunch that is marvelous.

Visited February 2013

83% Recommend
Los Angeles, California
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This restaurant is a short walk from the Vinoy and close to the Marina. We enjoyed it very much. The kale soup special was interesting and good. The menu is varied enough that our group of six with different dietary interests all had a good meal.

Visited January 2013
“Dinner was mediocre at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Our waiter, Gene, was not up to par. He had to read the 2 or 3 dinner specials from his sheet. Never once looked up from what he was reading. How can you not remember something so simple? Oh well.... After our food was dropped off he never once come by to see how everything was. When we were finished we asked to see a dessert menu. It took him about 10 minutes to bring us the menu. I watched him as he stood around for a bit and talked to another large table. All he had to do was grab the menu and bring it to us. What takes so long? When he finally brought the menu, he didn't give us any recommendations, but did proceed to tell us the one dessert item that wasn't good. Really? We immediately told him that we changed our minds and didn't want dessert. We actually went somewhere else for dessert! Needless to say he only got a 15% tip which I don't think he even deserved that much.
Food: We had the beef carpaccio for an appetizer and it was really good! I definitely recommend that. My husband had the ribeye and he said it was the best ribeye that he's ever had. All sides are a la carte and we split their blue cheese scalloped potatoes. Delicious!! I also liked that they had a Stag's Leap wine by the glass. Usually I can only find it by the bottle, so that was a nice surprise! As for my entree...... I had the Beef Welligton. Two words to describe it: Not impressive. The pastry had zero flavor, the meat was such a thick, thick piece that it was so hard to cut, and the sauces that the Beef Wellington was sitting in on the plate was gross. My husband makes Beef Wellington from time to time, and his is a million times better. That's pretty pathetic if you ask me. Especially when they charge $26 for it. My husband uses Gordon Ramsey's recipe whenever he makes Beef Wellington, and I suggest Parkshors Grille do the same. Also, the plate, or should I say bowl, that my entree came out on was a hassle. Whenever I wanted to set my knife down, I couldn't put it on the plate/bowl because it would slide down into the bottom of the dish and get all dirty. Beef Wellington needs to be served on a plate, not in a bowl!

Okay, if you couldn't tell, we will not be going back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Troy, Michigan
“Fabulous lunch with or without a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

You can't go wrong with the daily trio special at the waterfront eatery. Fresh seafood daily. It is also within walking distance to the museum, The Chihuli, and the Pier. Simply the best in St. Pete.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Might be back but may not be my first choice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We are new to the St. Pete area so we've been on a hunt for new restaurants to enjoy. We tried Parkshore for lunch on a Saturday. It wasn't bad but overall there wasn't anything that made me HAVE to come back.

They were busy but we were seated quickly, the only annoyance, it took almost 15 minutes to get a highchair because the waitress kept forgetting it.

The menu was pretty basic and there was not much that made me excited. I went with the shrimp wrap which was good but there was nothing overly excited about it. It really could have used a sauce or a tangy slaw inside. HOWEVER the fries were AMAZING!!! They had Parmesan cheese on them and were outstanding. However they were not good with ketchup because of the cheese so, again, a sauce would have been nice for them :)

Don't get me wrong this place is very nice and I would go back but nothing knocked my socks off. With exception of forgeting the highchair our server was great!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere