“Yummy Sushi” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“Yummy Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Great sushi and very friendly staff. I would definitely recommend the Tapple, Bubba, Shrimp & Smoke and Tampa Bay Rolls.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Treasue Island
“Want Salmonella? Go to Edo Japanese Steakhouse!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

My husband and I went to Edo Japanese Steakhouse for Valentine's Day dinner. We wanted to go to Arigatos, but couldn't get a reservation, so we tried Edo. BIG MISTAKE! I contracted Salmonella and have been sick for 4 days. I can think of many other things I would rather have for $95.00 than Salmonella; which is what we spent for dinner for the two of us! The atmosphere is tacky and the food is tasteless! Don't wast your money or risk contracting Salmonella! It has been an aweful week of recovery. I don't know if I can ever eat Japanese food again!

• Visited February 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
West Side, Florida
“Hungry on the way in. Hungry on the way out.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

A middle of the road deal seems common for me at Edo's on 66th Street. Expect a "typical" lack lustre show and Chinese egg roll jokes and amature knife work from your cook here. The rice and stuff comes out on those plastic fast food trays like at Arby's and is scraped onto the grill. My mind always questions where they may have been earlier. Kids will walk away satisfied, but perhaps I'm expecting too much as I always leave with plenty of room in my tummy for a large Smoothie King smoothie or a DQ Blizzard. Never have tried the sushi here although it looks fairly good. I give it a 1 for value, as with the price of rice, I dont believe you should ever walk away hungry from a Japanese eatery. Parking is plentiful as it's located in a dead zone stripstore plaza. Portions are mediocre at best. You can easily spend a bundle if you indulge in alcoholic drinks. Big tips seem expected but it's not uncommon to get marginal service because Americans tip 20% regardless so, why work for the money if you dont have to ??? St. Pete's full of choices! Granny may be happy with Edo's for her birthday dinner but a big appetite likely will not.

• Visited February 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tampa Bay, Florida
“Possibly the worst Japanese restaurant I've tried”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

Edo has it all-rude, slow service, old, dried-out fish, a barn-style setting combined with too high prices. This is possibly the worst Japanese restaurant I've ever tried. Needless to say, I won't be back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Gulfport, Florida
“fun place to go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

we enjoy it for birthdays and special occasions. the Chefs are really well trained and fun to watch.......food ample for price - l do miss bean sprouts tho and wish they served more stir-fried zuchinni - parking is right outside. Ms. Danie Huizenga, Gulfport, Fl

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere