“Excellent stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Key Largo, Florida
“Excellent stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Comfort Inn and Suites on a recent trip to Saint Petersburg. We were completely satisfied with our stay. The interior was clean and modern, and the rooms were both comfortable and nicely decorated. The staff was friendly, and cheerful. Glen (the desk clerk) was very helpful, and went above and beyond to ensure our stay was enjoyable.

We will definitely be back!

Key Largo Visitor

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at Comfort Inn & Suites St. Petersburg. We are most pleased that you were so satisfied with your stay here. Glenn certainly does exemplify the standards of customer service that we strive to offer, and I will pass along your compliments to him as well as the rest of the staff. We hope to see you next time you are in St. Petersburg. Sincerely, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Harrisburg, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites at 875 94th Ave North in St. Petersburg and was very pleased with my room, the service, and the breakfast. My pleasant experience began when I walked into the lobby. It was light and airy and very clean.The room was absolutely spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The two desk clerks that I dealt with were both friendly and cheerful, and one made suggestions for places to see while there. Alex checked me out quickly with no fuss whatsoever. The breakfast was more than expected. Besides the usual fruit, cereal and muffins/pastries, they had sausage and eggs, and waffles - all were hot. The breakfast bar attendant refreshed the bar every few minutes. The hotel is in an east location off 275, and while it is a half-hour to the beach, it was inexpensive ($79 per night), safe, and well worth it!
Terry, Harrisburg, NC

Room Tip: I had a "front" room facing the road but heard no traffic.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thenk you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to post such a kind review. All of our staff here at Comfort Inn & Suites St. Petersburg take pride in providing a clean and welcoming environment for our valued guests. We sincerely look forward to seeing you again soon, and will pass along your compliments to all of our staff. Sincerely, GM
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

From the moment you walk in, you can see that the business takes pride in itself. The lobby is clean and quiet. The rooms are very clean, comfortable, and updated. The amenities are pretty standard, but we all know that Comfort Inn & Suites isn't the Venetian.

More importantly, the staff is what makes this hotel a home-run. We've had several stays here, and the evening manager, Glen, greets you with a smile and top-notch professionalism.

I travel alot, and have been in Boston, LA, the FL Keys, and Pittsburgh in the last month. This hotel exceeds the experience of $250 / night Hiltons.

Kudos, keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to book.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
comfortinn947, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thankl you for taking the time to review you stay with us here at Comfort Inn & Suites St. Petersburg, Florida. We are all extremely pleased that you were so satisfied with your stay. We work hard to provide a level of service not found in any other hotel in this price range and are glad that you noticed our efforts. Thank you, we sincerely look forward to seeing you again soon. Sincerely, GM
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This hotel went beyond my expectations. I first walked in, and the place even just smelled clean. The lobby was spotless, the pool was very clean as if they have a cleaning staff just for it, and our room was very clean and everything was neatly placed. The maids cleaned the room every day, making everything spotless and clean again, just as if we had first checked in. When I did first walk in, I met with the afternoon front desk clerk (Glenn) and I was immediately impressed with the way he greeted me. He was so helpful with setting up my reservation, letting me know of everything the hotel had to offer (I must admit the free hot breakfast was excellent), and just making fiance and I's experience one to be memorable. He went so far out of his way to help us, he delivered edible arrangements to our room on the TV stand for my fiance to see when she got back that same night. If anyone is looking for an inexpensive, but very clean hotel to stay at, I would recommend this one. There is a shopping center right down the road, and the freeway is also down the road to easily get to the beach and the airports. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
comfortinn947, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Comfort Inn & Suites St. Petersburg. We are pleased that you were so satisfied with your stay. I will pass along your compliments and kind words to both the housekeeping and the front desk staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Sincerely, GM
Manasquan, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed here 1 night for business. The cost was a good value at $79/night. The hotel and room were very clean and smoke free.....appears to be relatively new. The front desk was very friendly upon arrival and departure. The included breakfast is a basic continental breakfast with bagels, fruits, yogurt, coffee, juices, tea, pastries, cereal, scrambled eggs and you can make your own Belgium waffle. All good enough. There is a small room with a treadmill and a few other fitness items. Small pool, which I glanced at as I checked out. Ample parking and easy 20 minute drive from the Tampa airport. My 5 star rating is based on the value and the cleanliness....of course it is not in the same league as the nearby Hilton, but if you are looking for a comfortable, clean and friendly place to sleep....this place does the trick.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

comfortinn947, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we are glad that you appreciated the value and the cleanliness of our hotel. We pride ourselves on offering great customer service, nice amenities, a great St. Petersburg location, and clean rooms at an affordable price. We hope to see you again soon. Sincerely, General Manager, Comfort Inn & Suites St. Petersburg, Florida.
atl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is the 3rd time I have visited this hotel, and the 3rd time I am reviewing it. The hotel continues to be very clean. The breakfast leaves alot to be desired; even the coffee was awful. There has been great improvement in customer service. The old front desk staff is gone. My first contact was with Casey at 3:30 a.m, 05/24/2013. Casey was not endearing at all. Alex made up for it. Housekeeping was fantastic. We left our room after 1:00 p.m on several occassions. Our room was still cleaned. The location of the hotel is great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Comfort Inn St. Petersburg. We are pleased that you noticed the recent improvements with regards to our staff. We strive to always improve our customer service standards and sincerely appreciate your feedback. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again soon. Sincerely, General Manager
Pendleton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stay at this Comfort Inn a few times a year. It is always clean and the staff are pleasant. Food is the usual fare. However this spring, it was much better (had an intern working for them). Location is very handy for getting downtown, the beach, and the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us here at Comfort Inn & Suites St. Petersburg. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and truly appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. I will personally pass along your compliments to our staff. sincerely, GM, FL947