“"Improvements", Great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 47 hotels in St. Petersburg
atl
“"Improvements", Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is the 3rd time I have visited this hotel, and the 3rd time I am reviewing it. The hotel continues to be very clean. The breakfast leaves alot to be desired; even the coffee was awful. There has been great improvement in customer service. The old front desk staff is gone. My first contact was with Casey at 3:30 a.m, 05/24/2013. Casey was not endearing at all. Alex made up for it. Housekeeping was fantastic. We left our room after 1:00 p.m on several occassions. Our room was still cleaned. The location of the hotel is great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
comfortinn947, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Comfort Inn St. Petersburg. We are pleased that you noticed the recent improvements with regards to our staff. We strive to always improve our customer service standards and sincerely appreciate your feedback. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again soon. Sincerely, General Manager

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pendleton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stay at this Comfort Inn a few times a year. It is always clean and the staff are pleasant. Food is the usual fare. However this spring, it was much better (had an intern working for them). Location is very handy for getting downtown, the beach, and the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us here at Comfort Inn & Suites St. Petersburg. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and truly appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. I will personally pass along your compliments to our staff. sincerely, GM, FL947
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

A nice hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Although I gave it a 4 rating, there is nothing wrong with this hotel considering the category of hotels it is in. It is clean,comfortable,friendly and helpful staff, and very reasonably priced.I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us Comfort Inn & Suites St. Petersburg, Florida, we are sincerely glad that you had a pleasant stay. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed here for the weekend as we were attending a wedding. The hotel looks new and is kept up to date. The rooms were clean and spacious. Front Desk is extremely helpful, especially Glenn. He went out of his way to make sure all of our requests were made. Definately nicer of the Comfort properties in the area. I will definately be staying here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to place a review here on TripAdvisor. I am glad your experience exceeded your expectation. Moreover, Glenn is truly a Super Star and exemplifies what we are trying to do here at Comfort Inn & Suites. I will be sure to share your nice words with him and the rest of my staff at our next team meeting. We look forward to your next visit to the St. Petersburg/Clearwater Area and hope that you recommend our property to your friends and family.

Regards -
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was my second Comfort Inn Suites in FL, and it did not disappoint!

The rooms are very clean, tidy and quiet. And they actually read your room specifics or requests! I asked for something quiet on top floor and it was done. The rooms are big and comfortable with meticulous detail for a hotel of its class. I felt safe, and housekeeping was exceptional. Meaning they came on time, and left everything as if I just checked in. Glenn was super-nice. He was helpful, friendly and thoughtful with his recommendations and answers to questions. He always asked how my stay was going and if there was anything he can do. I really admire people who handle their jobs with confidence and integrity. Glenn certainly does.

I bought a bottle of wine by mistake with a cork and didnt have a wine opener. I went downstairs praying that I wouldn't have to go driving around for something to open it with, and without saying a word, Glen pulled out a wine opener for me! He really saved my night. I was so tired, and couldn't imagine trekking out again.

Everyone else was nice and courteous. No problems. Breakfast was never crowded, decent options. The area is ok, with a Publix about a 5 minute drive with Walgreens and other little places. You can always grab a few things there for the fridge. But the real good stuff to eat is a little farther away. There is Old Farmer Creamery about 6 miles from the hotel, worth the trip for ice cream, Clearwater Beach about 25 minutes.

There was no safe in my room, and my stuff was safe! No worries.

In a nutshell, you cannot go wrong if you stay here. Glenn and the great staff at this hotel are difficult to come by these days. Customer service deserves a perfect 10!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at here at Comfort Inn & Suites St. Petersburg during your recent trip to Florida, and thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Our goal is to achieve 100% guest satisfaction and it is wonderful to hear from our valued guests when we have done so. I will pass along your compliments to both the housekeeping and front desk staff. Thanks again for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites St. Petersburg, we hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, General Manager FL947.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Staff was great help. Very friendly. The rooms are very clean! It's apparently a newer hotel with amazing breakfast. I'm here for a volleyball tournament and the breach is nice and close. The front desk gentlemen "glen" went over and beyond normal hospitality! I will continue to stay here during all my tournaments!

• Stayed April 2013
comfortinn947, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites St. Petersburg while you were in town for your volleyball tournament, and thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are absolutely thrilled that you were so pleased during your stay with us. I will gladly pass along your compliments to both the housekeeping, and the front desk staff. They work very, very hard to help make this a top ten hotel in St. Petersburg, and love hearing such positive feedback from our valued guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Sincerely, General Manager FL947.
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at the hotel 3/29-3/31 It is a first rate hotel, very quiet, we slept in a couple days and I'm sure we had our "do not disturb" sign out when the Maid would have been there. They came back after we removed the sign! My experience in the past have been if you miss them they never come back. Great service,they recommended restaurants and gave us directions. On the day we left Andy held our luggage for a few hours so we didn't have to leave it in a parked van. He could not have been more friendly and .helpful Breakfast was very good. If I return this is my destination!

Room Tip: This was a really quiet hotel, ask for a room away from elevator and stairs.