“I visited Twistee Treat when my family...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Dessert, Fast Food, Ice Cream, Hot Dogs
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
“I visited Twistee Treat when my family...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010 via mobile

I visited Twistee Treat when my family and I vacationed on St. Pete beach this summer. The building is shaped like an ice cream cone. It was a great place to stop and have some refreshing desserts. They have the best soft serve ice cream. They have over 60 flavors of soft serve to choose from as well as many toppings . They have alot of unique sundaes too . Their prices were reasonable as well. They have a waffle cone special where they give you a free waffle with a medium . We had lunch there too. We enjoyed their chilli and cheese hotdogs . The staff was friendly and helpful. We will defintely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Expensive. Lots if flavors but nothing...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010 via mobile

Expensive. Lots if flavors but nothing that great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City
“This place just makes you smile.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

When she was very young, my daughter always loved seeing Twistee Treat's huge cone-shaped stand on Gulf Blvd. when we'd visit her grandma in St. Pete. Now she's grown and still loves going there when we are in town. We went in June 2010 and the ice cream was great as always -- we love looking through all the flavors! This time we chose mango, mocha, and tutti frutti -- all were delicious and the portion was huge. We love Twistee Treat!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ohio
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

Too expensive for good, not great, ice cream. Watch as any add-ons to your treat pile up the extra expense.

St. Louis, Missouri
“Wow, alot of ice cream!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

This place has so many options...I think over 60 flavors. I kept simple and just ordered a smal strawberry cone but it turned out to be HUGE...the ice cream on top of the cone was atleast 5 inches tall! It was delicious but I couldn't even lick it down to the cone there was so much. My boyfriend and I spent about $7 here and it was well worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere