“Cute, Clean and fun place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Cute, Clean and fun place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

I was extremely surprised how nice this place would be as this was an internet find and just took a chance on a last minute trip to St Petes. The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. The pool and beach was clean and nice. There is a lot of fun things to do including pool table, ping pong table, huge jenga games and movie nights with popcorn! It is a fun time. The only complaint I would have is the music in the courtyard goes from 10 am - 10 pm and it is loud. This place is ok for families but it is more of a younger crowd not bad but just an fyi.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Postcard Inn G M, General Manager at Postcard Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Dear Cute, Clean and Fun Place to Stay:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay at PCI. I appreciate the feedback about the music volume. The music comes on automatically but I had the volume adjusted to a lower setting.

The resort tries to create a vibe where you don't have to leave once you arrive because we offer so many activities and entertainment at the resort.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Riverlea, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Ok, so I have traveled a lot, and finally have a reason to write a review. I was very nervous about staying at this hotel, as the reviews are less than stellar. If you have an upcoming stay, you can expect a clean room, a hip environment, and friendly staff. It is an old hotel converted into a hip place for a younger crowd. With that being said, my husband who is 46 didn't feel out of place, and there were several people older than him. It isn't luxury, but doesn't advertise as such. It is a surf themed beach hotel offering clean rooms, a nice pool, good places to eat, and a nice beach.

Room Tip: To avoid noise from the pool, ask for a courtyard room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Very Cute Little Place:

Thank your for the positive review about your stay. The resort vibe and décor is found attractive by guest of all ages. The hotel crowd has changed to a more mature crowd since we completed our renovation earlier this year.

I will share your comments with the staff members.

Wiesbaden, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

From a sad occasion, I and my son have traveled to Saint Pete Beach. My father and my son's grandfather died and we brought his ashes in an urn there back to them in the Gulf to disperse. We had booked a few days in this hotel. The funeral also ran smoothly. In memory of my father I wanted the urn lid to pick up a memory of my father to have .I put it down on the counter next to the TV, so it was not lost. Sunday evening we came back into the room. It was tidy and clean. But to clean ... the urn ceilings engraved with the name, birth date, death date, and the date of cremation was gone. We moved from all furniture, searched our luggage and all the shopping bags. The only people who had access to the hotel rooms were the waiters or hotel staff. So I went to the front desk and informed the loss of the urn lid with and asked that because I do not want to insinuate that the waitress wanted to enrich it to search the garbage for this cover and it to me to hand over again, as this is a very personal memento of my father performing. I also gave them to understand that I know that the waste would be retrieved Monday morning and that haste was necessary. It was assumed the complaint, but something was not done. The next morning I was referred to the Manager Paul. He was not only raise ... until noon and the garbage was picked up. It was a conversation with Paul, I've told unequivocally that I am firstly very disappointed that take away service forces to the property of guests and then as in our case, if it has been noticed nothing happens and you are in no way do exercises. Paul wanted to again consult with the service force, which I granted too. Of course, nothing came out of it. Paul expressed regret and offered that as a small compensation for the stay would not charged here. Grudgingly agreed, because it commanded to go out the logic of it, that the cover would be lost forever. After a few days after our return my credit card was charged the full amount. This to the credibility of the hotel manager. I called several times on there, also wrote diligently emails. Sent my friends over from Saint Petersburg. After two months of little movement came. They replaced me just under 12% of full price. One has here not only with staff that does not know that one can not take away the ownership of hotel guests, but also a hotel manager who does not follow the pledged.

The room was not overwhelming so far so good, as well. Cleaning daily. Another positive development is the beach nearby.

Would I recommend this hotel ... a resounding no.
Whether I would book this hotel again .... certainly not

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Postcard Inn G M, General Manager at Postcard Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Guests:

I am truly sorry that you lost medallion to your urn during your stay at the Postcard Inn. I want to assure you that we did everything in our power, even searching the garbage in the dumpster, to try and locate the medallion. I am still not sure what happened but maybe the Room Attendant that cleaned your room threw it away by accident.

I know there is nothing I can say or do to make it right but I wanted to compensate you for your lost. I hope that did not offend you.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Postcard Inn on the Beach has a lot of quaint character without the snobbiness of so many other hotels. It is a charming, boutique hotel which has so many individual touches and extras that really make the stay enjoyable. The staff are friendly and helpful, the place is clean and tidy and the rooms are fun with their individual styles.
The bathrooms are small and could do with a make-over and you can hear everything in the bathroom next to you which is slightly disturbing!
The beach is incredible! Clean and quite big. We saw dolphins playing really close to where we were swimming and the water is like a bath.
The bar is lovely at sunset with live-music and good-priced drinks.
The breakfast at the restaurant is a little basic, but still good.
The dinners at restaurant is very bad for my waistline! The food is so yummy and a very good price! The burgers are very very good.
We were only there for 2 nights but honestly regret this and wish we could've stayed for longer.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Postcard Inn G M, General Manager at Postcard Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear Absolutely Loved it:

The Postcard Inn offers a laid back, cool vibe with a retro feel that catch a lot of guest by surprised if you have not been here before. The PCI offers many amenities such as pool activities, live entertainment, great food and beverages, Friday Night Movie Night, outdoor pool table and ping pong table. You never have to leave once you arrive.

Thanks again, and I look forward to your return visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Fun place to stay on the beach. I was there during the week so it was probably more laid back as I hear it's a big wedding spot. The pool is awesome and has free toys and sunscreen to use and a nice girl was walking around with water and cold towels. The whole decor had a very cool eclectic vibe, good spots for pictures. Sunset and beach view is great. The tiki bar is fun and had music, good strong drinks and friendly staff. It was a great spot to relax and have drinks in the big beach chairs and watch pretty sunsets.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Great Find:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay at the Postcard Inn. The retro vibe and superior customer service is what sets PCI apart from others. The hotel's pool is the largest pool in the area and our pool attendants offer fun games and refreshments to hotel guests along with the daily live music.

Ocala, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

I am a florida resident now in my mid-thirties. I've been to many hotels at various prices throughout my life and this hotel is nostalgic, pretty and hip. There were families and younger adults alike. Just enough energy to satisfy those wanting to have a drink in the evening while listening to live music but definitely not a party hotel. I love that they are dog friendly. I went with a friend visiting from out of town and I'll go back with mom, husband and the dog.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Style, Comfort, Relaxing:

It was good to read you enjoyed your stay at the Postcard Inn and I am glad your found the property nostalgic, pretty and hip because this is what sets us apart from the rest.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Postcard Inn's M.O. seems to be take old hotels in beach/water locations and add the minimum to update them and give them the modern minimalist look. The rooms are basic, not luxurious in any sense of the word, but clean and have everything you need. The staff is super friendly and helpful. And since we have a very old greyhound that we can't kennel, it is fabulous that the Postcard Inn is pet friendly. For the price on the beach, it is really a good deal - you can't beat it. We have stayed their twice and had positive experiences both times.

The one in Saint Pete is a fun place to stay! The pool is large, the tiki bar is great, and there is always a lot of activity going on at both. Lots of young people, but we are in our late 50s and we enjoyed it, too. The beach and water are beautiful, as is the case with all of the St. Pete/Clearwater beaches, and the hotel offers cabanas, beach volley ball, and other activities as options. Conveniently, you can walk down the beach very short distances to hit other beachfront restaurants and bars. It is a fun in the day as well as at night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Nice, Fun, Pet Friendly Place to Stay:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at PCI with other readers. The hotel completed some upgrades to the guestrooms this year and we have more planned for the upcoming near future. We continue to improve the guestroom without loosing our retro feel.

It was good to meet you when you were on property and I look forward to your return visit.

GM

Been to Postcard Inn on the Beach? Share your experiences!