“Best hotel in St pete's beach hands down!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“Best hotel in St pete's beach hands down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This hotel is way better than a 10 stars snobby resort, specially if you are in your twenties or still young at heart. Post card inn reminded me of the cool hip youth hostels of Europe. Its very hip, trendy and clean. The staff are super nice and helpful. The location is right next to the major bars and restaurants. Also the price is ridiculously affordable. I had a wonderful stay and I'm looking forward to visit st. pete's beach again and to stay at this awesome hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Postcard Inn G M, General Manager at Postcard Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Postcard Inn. The resort gets a lot of positive feedback such as yours about the cool fun vibe the hotel offers.

Thank you for the review and I look forward to your return visit if your travels bring you back to our area in the future.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife, 2kids ages 10 and 14, and got a seperate room for the in laws. We had a BLAST!
Best drinks on the beach, everyone is there to have a good time, and the LIVE music is awesome! We ate on property and the food wasn't white tablecloth, but exactly what i was looking for.. The staff was more than accomodating, and went out of their way to make sure my in-laws were comfortable in their room as well.. My father in law has to use oxygen so they made sure he was comfortable and had the necessary extension cords.
If your looking for a nice place to take a family vacation that has something for everyone, i would highly recommend PCI..

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Classic Beach Hotel:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Postcard Inn. I want to thank you for the positive comments, especially about the customer service of the staff. We take pride in exceeding guest expectations when it comes to customer service. I will share your comments with the staff.

The hotel offers many fun family activities which, include Friday night Movie Night, daily live music entertainment, ping pong table, pool table and pool activities for the entire family.

I look forward to your return visit.

Bela Vista do Toldo, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed here in July 2014. Please book a room at a different hotel. The rooms are sub par. The décor is frat room style. The furniture comes from a box, cheaply made. The floors are tile, which looks like plank wood. Perhaps to give the room an even grimier feel. The grout is filled with sand which sticks to your feet. The bath fixtures are fifty plus years old. The toilet, sink, and tub were different colors. The bath is so small, you will bang your elbows, legs, and butt on everything in the room. The closet has no door. You get to view all your clothing hanging during your stay. The bed is not comfortable. Oh did I mention the sand in the sheets from the floor???? The room light is LED lighting. They are poorly constructed and they spin around beside the bed. Your flashlight APP will give off more light. Port o johns are located in the parking lot for use by the Tiki Hut bar customers. The stench by the p-o-j's is stomach turning. The room view is of the courtyard. The hotel customers stare in at you resting, if you dare to leave your blind open. Dogs are allowed. It is fun to watch the same dogs poop by your door after listening to them bark all night long. The court yard has lights strung all around which shine into your room at night. LOUSY!!!!!!

Room Tip: No rooms have a view. They look out to a courtyard or the pool. The closer to the water you get the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ugh:

Please accept my apologies that you did not fully enjoy your recent stay at the Postcard Inn. The hotel has many upcoming upgrades in the near future which includes upgrading the guestroom bathrooms. I have shared your comments with my Executive Housekeeper so she can coach her staff about the cleanliness issues you pointed out in your review.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future if your travel needs bring you back to the St. Pete Beach area so you can experience these many upcoming upgrades.

NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

WIFI: POOR, doesn't work. Restaurant: The food are terrible. Pool: Small and full of people
AC: Poor, hot as hell. The areas and hallways are dirty. Two nights and three days and nobody took care of my room. The bar on beach was full of people, many of them wasn't guests of the hotel. Room: You can listening what is happening in the others rooms. I had problem with the bathtub. No window, even in the bathroom. No Mini-Fridges.
So, please, don't go to this place if you want to rest.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Postcard Inn G M, General Manager at Postcard Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Keep Away of this Place:

I truly am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations on your recent visit. The hotel staff is dedicated and committed to wowing the guest with superior customer service and it appears we missed the mark during your stay. I have passed along your comment about your room not being serviced to the Executive Housekeeper so she can take corrective action to avoid this type of mistake in the future.

We are aware of the outside noise issues in some of our guestrooms but we recently made changes to sound proof the rooms and we have additional upgrades coming in the near future.

I hope that you will give us another try in the future if your travel needs bring you back to the St Pete Beach area and give us an opportunity to change your impression of the hotel.

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My title summarizes this place.

- Walls are made of paper. You can hear people in next room, crystal clear.
- Halls, locations outside your room are dirty. You can see utensils rooms full of garbagge.
- Do not attempt this hotel if you want to rest, and have a nice stay.
- This is a place, to get drunk, be noisy, and just dont care.
- The pool, is full of people ALL THE TIME.
- The beach is awful, dirty sand, small, and just ugly.

EXPENSIVE AS HELL, $330 for two nights and I felt robbed honestly.

-They didnt make our room not once, in those 2 days
- DONT EVEN TRY THE RESTAURANT!!!, you'll eat your worst pizza, and you'll remember it.

to conclude, I dont expect any polite automated response, from no Manager, I dont want it. This review is intended, only and only to protect people from being robbed and lied at this place.

BTW, the pictures here, are FAR from true, do not fool yourself loooking at the pictures posted here.
Good luck

Room Tip: If you want to save yourself from mayhem, try to pay the extra 50 bucks and pick a room by the pool
Dear Guest:

Please accept my apology that we did not exceed your expectations on your recent visit. The hotel has recently made upgrades to the rooms to make them sound proof and we have more coming in the near future to cut down on the outside noise levels. The hotel has one of the largest beaches in the area and we recently started contracting an outside company to groom our beach with equipment the sifts the top layer of sand to remove cigarette butts, straws and other objects that might get buried under the sand. We are only one of two hotels that is doing this type of deep cleaning of the beach in the area.

We have also hired a new Sous Chef who is making dramatic changes to dinner service that has made an immediate impact.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity so you can experience these changes and improve your impression of the hotel and to win you over as a loyal customer.

Winter haven
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We called in Thursday at 9am advising we wouldn't be there until Friday. When we arrive on Friday .. They had given away one of our 2 rooms and advised they did not have a room available. They worked it out, but the rooms were full of underage drinkers and partying above us so that is all you heard. The next day was the same scene. When we went to check out they charged us for the Thursday we missed even tho the manager told a man checking out a day early that she had the option to charge him for that day bit did not. We were informed our case was differnt but it wasn't. This is a nicely decorated place but compared to island inn beach resort, trade winds, sirata, and other locations it is not worth the price or headache. This is not a place for a family or for parents even though it may claim to be. I am dissapointed in this stay and will never be back.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest:

Please accept my apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations on your recent visit. The staff strive to ensure all guests have a great stay and we did not accomplish that during your stay. The hotel has recently made changes to the operation to ensure all hotel guests have a enjoyable experience, which include a strict quiet hour policy. I would like to speak with you further regarding the no-show charge for your first night. Please call me at your convenience so we can speak about a mutual solution.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I returned to the Postcard Inn on a recent visit to my daughter who lives in St. Petersburg, and this time I brought my husband along! The last time I visited, it was too chilly to swim in the Gulf, so we had to make do with the Inn's amazing heated pool. This time, the temperature of the Gulf was 89 degrees and let me tell you, heaven is floating on a pool noodle in the warm gentle waves on the Postcard's beach. This place is really wonderful. I made our reservations online, and upon arriving we received a great gift bag, breakfast coupons, and a complimentary late check out. The rooms are extremely clean and decorated in funky beach themes. This is not a luxury hotel by any means, but if you are looking for a clean friendly environment right on the beach with a beachfront bar to boot, this is where you should come. There are plenty of higher priced places nearby, but why spend the extra money when it's really unnecessary? The breakfast in the Inn's restaurant was good, but I wouldn't go there for lunch or dinner....too many other better spots close by. Clean, fun, friendly, and not at all pretentious ...that's our kind of place, and for the second time I discovered that defines the Postcard Inn.

Dear Second Visit as Good as the First:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Postcard Inn. It is good to read that your second visit was as good as your first. PCI has the largest pool in the area, which is a true benefit to hotel guests. The restaurant severs a good and affordable breakfast but I feel that the lunch and dinner BBQ is above all others. We smoke our meats first and then BBQ them. I hope that you will give it a try on your return visit.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

GM

Been to Postcard Inn on the Beach? Share your experiences!