We just got back from a stay at PCI. First of all, the good: This is a laid-back beach resort that has an "old Florida vibe". The rooms are decorated beautifully. It's like an Instagram photo has come to life. The entire concept of the hotel is cool - they took an old (think Route 66 - roadside Americana) beach hotel and completely updated it.
It does, however, draw a young and very partying crowd. Tons of drinking in and around the pool and people behaving the way that they do when they've been drinking all day. If that bothers you, this is not the place for you.
A few things that could be improved - With the exception of the beach attendant, who was friendly and happy - the staff was a little too cool and aloof for a hospitality industry. We were not given wristbands for the pool or a Wifi card when we checked in and had to ask for one, and the pool area was not kept nearly as clean as it should have been. We also had security bang on our door late at night, and then open it with a key card. The lock was on, so I had to get up and the security person was not dressed officially. He said he needed to get in because our bathroom was flooding the room underneath (it wasn't). No apology for opening the door or banging on it at night. The whole thing was just weird and a little unsettling and could have been handled much more professionally. Honestly - this hotel has SO MUCH POTENTIAL to be incredible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From décor to dining, Postcard Inn is the Great American Escape. Rooms at our boutique St. Pete Beach hotel feature vintage lamps, surf photos, and old school desks and couches, modernized with WiFi and flat screen TVs. Many rooms have pool and ocean views, too. Postcard Inn offers two main drinking and dining options; the critically acclaimed Beechwood BBQ and PCI Beach Bar & Snack Shack. Enjoy excellent burgers and ice-cold beer all day long. Plus, if you have to mix business and pleasure, or are just looking to explore, downtown St. Petersburg and Tampa are both short drives away from the Postcard Inn in St. Pete Beach, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Postcard Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Postcard Inn On The Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- St Pete Beach Travelodge
- Travel Lodge St Pete Beach
- Travel Lodge Saint Pete Beach
- Travelodge Saint Pete Beach
- Saint Pete Beach Travelodge
- Saint Pete Beach Travel Lodge
- Postcard Inn On The Beach Saint Pete Beach, Florida