“I have stayed there Twice” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6300 Gulf Boulevard, St. Pete Beach, FL 33706   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“I have stayed there Twice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I like the hotel. Right on the beach, there was a wedding there the last visit, but it didn't ruin my stay. This is a place people play, can be loud, or quite. Always had great service from the front desk and housekeeping. Good BBQ there, great location, modest rooms, but I'm not there to hang out in the room and close to everything, Downtown St. Pete, Clearwater, Tarpon Springs. Location, at a great price to me. I do have to admit I live on the Atlantic side of Florida and Love St Pete Beach.

Room Tip: I have always stayed on the garden side of the hotel, If you don't you will be in the parking lo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Director of Sales at Postcard Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your great review of the hotel and staff. We really try hard to make everyone happy. Its nice to hear when we succeed. Hurry back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We Stayed One Night. Was BeGging To Stay More. Stylish And Relaxed. This Is Not Ur Typical Tourist Resort. ThIs Hotel Was Swanky And Very BEachy.We Were Never Bothered. Drug A Cooler AD Kayaks Right OntoTheBeach. Drinks And Food Inside Were Great. RoomWas A Litttle Dirty But Understand Bc Of The Hotel Being Right Next To The Beach. Stay ENjoy And Relax

• Stayed August 2012
I am glad you had a great stay. I will also share your comments with our housekeeping staff. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon. Call me directly when you decide to stay in the future.
Ashland, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I travel with 8 of my closest girlfriend to celebrate an upcoming wedding. We spent wonderful days and late evenings at beach. The front desk was very helpful helping us plan our outings and we thoroughly enjoy the food at PCI. The room decor was unique. Not lavish but clean except the floors. There was only one wash station from the beach and I didn't find it until the last day. This could explain the floors. . I don't believe any of us had any major complaints which is pretty amazing for a group of women this size.

• Stayed June 2013
I am seeing a common theme with girls weekends and having a great time. I am glad you and your girlfriends had a blast. I will share you comments with Maintenance to get better signage for the beach restrooms. Thank you for your business, review and come back soon.
Toledo, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a good time Monday thru Thursday, then we had to tip the housekeeping staff to get toilet paper and then ran out and did not get a refill. The "beach party" overtook the whole hotel and me as a paying guest had park off site and the front parking lot was in complete shambles the attendant had no control over the traffic and he had no compassion for me and my wife and our parking needs. Our room smelled of weed for 2 days after the party and the party goers were up partying till 3am Saturday night. The walls were so thin that we could hear toilets flushing. I will never stay at this hotel again. I think the place is old and the staff have very little customer service.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the classic room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, Director of Sales at Postcard Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. We do from time to time have special events but only to enhance our guests stays. This past weekend we had the Tampa Bay Bucs doing a fan appreciation event with players signing autographs. Guests could sign up for volleyball and play on a team with a Bucs Cheerleader. This event was to be fun for all. Parking did get tight and I apologize if the parking attendant did not seem sympathetic to find you a parking spot. I will share all your comments with the department heads so we can get better at handling special events on our property. The housekeeping issues you experience is unacceptable and will be addressed with the Executive Housekeeper. I see you are from out of town. Please call me to discuss further. If you return to the area I would like to offer you a complimentary night in one of our pool cabana rooms.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you do, don't stay here. You have no control of the temperature in your room. Set the thermostat for 50 degrees or 90 degrees it doesn't matter the temperature will be uncomfortably warm. Do you like carpet? If you do, don't stay here. There have some sort of rubber mat that they use for floor covering. Sticky, disgusting, mess. Staff try hard but they have nothing to work with ... rooms need to be gutted a proper heating and air system installed and then maybe it might be worth a stay. Stayed on a Friday night wasn't too loud ... big pool was a plus ... 40 year old's acting like 16 years old's a minus ... Won't stay again ever.

Room Tip: I guess if you have to stay here choose a 2nd floor room close to Gulf Blvd facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bob S, Director of Sales at Postcard Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Our owners are aware of the AC issue and it is being addressed. We were having issues during your stay in a section of the hotel. I will check your room to see the issue with the flooring. We use comments like yours to improve the property. Since you did not have a pleasant stay I would like to invite you back and offer you a complimentary night in one of our pool rooms. Thank you for your review.
Chandler, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed one night at the Postcard Inn, very retro and charming, friendly and accommodating staff but on a Saturday probably not great for young kids! Keep in mind this is a beach motel, you are NOT getting a Hyatt here so temper your expectations. Clean rooms, nothing fancy but it suited out need for the night. A little loud come 2am and people werte coming in from drinking. I would have been disappointed had I booked a week here but a night or two no problem. The pool was average, what I loved was the vibe this place had, the beach side tiki bar was fun, live music on Sat night and you're right there on the beach! There was a lot of partying and drinking so i had some explaining to to to my 9 year old but it was perfect, fun, and great for the night!

Room Tip: Garden rooms looked a little newer and nicer but you couldn't adjust the A/C so got a little war...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to send in your review. I am glad you enjoyed the live music, the Tiki Bar and the beach. Please give me a call if you would llike to return. We are making some changes to the property that I think you will enjoy. Have a great rest of the summer.
Morehead, Kentucky, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The locations is wonderful, the motel is very dirty and old... We had to wear shoes and watch where we put our things because it was so dirty, had to through away all our socks they were black on the bottom from the carpet. This place is not for not for a family with young children, it had parties all night after 4 a.m. The pool attendants were rude. I had my night cream, new just opened stole out of my room on the first day... I will never go back.... :(

Room Tip: Don't have one...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bob S, Director of Sales at Postcard Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I am very sorry you had a bad experience at PCI. I will share your review with our housekeeping staff to address the issues with your room. We have made some changes to make the resort more kid friendly as you can see in previous reviews. I would like to see you return to give us a second chance. I think you will find the more recent reviews are what we are about going forward. Thank you for your feedback and please call me directly to discuss.

Been to Postcard Inn on the Beach? Share your experiences!