“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Boaz
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed three nights, booked with a deal from airlines. The advertisement for this place did not meet up to our expectations, it was just an old motel with a few updates. There was no hot water, only warm water, weird flooring in the room. The fire pit in the pictures did not work, very disappointing. The housekeeping was not good, late each day, not enough towels, did not replace shampoo, conditioning, etc., air conditioning was not working much at all, glad it was not hot. Nosy, walls very thin, could hear people talking and partying until early morning, parking was difficult. Did not like the fact that you could only drink at the pool if you ordered from the staff, could not bring your own. A few good things: check in staff was nice, bed slept great, big room, had free wi-fi, beach bar was fun but crowded, location of the hotel was good, courtyard was pleasant, beach was great and big, nice contractors for the beach chairs/umbrellas. The combo deal was the only reason we stayed at PCI, probably will not stay again if ever in St. Pete Beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

If you want to get away to relax for a short weekend I recommend you stay here. We had a very good time. The beach and pool were awesome. The restaurants are close by and everything is across the street. The room was very clean! This was a big plus is a beach hotel with a nice theme in the room was excellent.

• Stayed February 2013
PMBrophy, General Manager at Postcard Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about PCI. We look forward to your next stay to be just as much amazing.
Nova Scotia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The stay was three nights.
Although the desired presentation in terms of advertisement is that this a hip , kitschy beach environment, rather it comes across clearly as a place that seems to have had little done to it since the 1970's.
There was no hot water at any point of the day during the three days we were there. We were told that it was do to people having showers ,etc and " I thought we had that fixed."

The rooms were of low quality with one plastic white beach chair , a black plastic office chair. There was one other chair which was fine.

There were lots of small ants in the bathroom floor, so we closed the bathroom door at night and one large bug (1 1/4 " ) variety not confirmed.

We did ask for another room, but as they were very full , were told that there were no other rooms available of better quality.

We were next to a room of young ladies who literally shrieked at the tops of their voices for one of the nights. This is not the fault of the owners. However, we were told that this is the time when students frequent the place . So at night, the pool side becomes extremely loud and full of young adults enjoying themselves .We were able to get to sleep with earplugs and pillows over our heads.

The desk staff were polite and helpful. We appreciated this.

The food was excellent at all locations. Beachwood Bar and Grill has the best ribs and the Snack Shack food for breakfast and lunch was first rate and well priced. The staff at both locations were very helpful and friendly.

The beach was lovely as was the contractor for umbrellas and beach chairs. Pool was well cared for and we enjoyed it during the day.

There were two couples. Our friends had a similar experience. Their air conditioner was on recycle room air for three days. As a result , there room had a sour odour. When we did get together for a drink, we would always use our room to avoid this.

Overall, we were happy to leave, won't return and felt Postcard Inn was seriously overpriced at $229 / night on the weekend.

Room Tip: During the student season, it is quieter away from the pool side
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
I want to personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent visit. While I'm pleased that you enjoyed the food I wish you had a better experience with the room product. I appreciate your patience and feedback, and will address these concerns with our housekeeping team.
Scottish Borders.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My first thoughts on the Postcard Inn on the Beach were "This is Bad".I was right because things just went from bad to worse a few minutes after entering my room.Firstly,there was no hot running water in the room.I immediately raised the matter with the staff on duty on the front desk.
I was told that there was a problem with the plumbing and that water would only run hot at certain times of day.I told them that this was unacceptable and was offered $50 credit to my room as compensation.As I did not have the available funds to go elsewhere,I reluctantly accepted the offer.This was very pitiful consolation for the inconvenience caused.For the entire duration of my stay,I never once saw a plumber at work on the premises.
Secondly,the noise from the band that played on the first night of my stay was unbearable,I could not hear myself think.Plus the noise from the people in the room above and also from the rooms at either side of my room,that was just pure annoyance.
Thirdly,the En-Suite was so small I knocked my arms on the basin unit everytime I used the toilet.
Although the water ran cold in the Shower/Bath for the duration of my stay,the shower head was not working,it did not spray normally at all,it only gushed water out.
Finally,the hot food which was available for breakfast at the "Snack Shack" next to the pool was inedible.On the first morning I had to put what I purchased into the bucket after one mouthful,it was that bad.I tried some oatmeal on the second morning,that went straight down the toilet,disgusting.Thank God the $50 credit to my room paid for it because if I had to pay for it out of my own pocket I would have been very,very annoyed.I did not use up the full $50 because of the bad food they had to offer.
Of the six hotels I stayed in during my Florida trip,the Postcard Inn on the Beach was by far the worst.It was nothing short of a disgrace.I could not get away from the place quick enough.If I am ever in the St.Pete Beach area in the future I shall be avoiding the Postcard Inn on the Beach like the Plague.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for sharing feedback on your recent visit. I'm truly sorry that your stay at PCI didn't deliver the type of experience that you we're looking for on this trip. While it's not always easy to hear negative feedback, I appreciate your thorough critique as it will only help us to improve our hotel and guest services in the future.
Zelienople
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel seemed to try for the "Retro Look" But I would call it just old and unkept..
Our room had some kind of indoor/outdoor floor covering. I spilled some coffee on it and before I could even wipe it up it immediately disappeared into the material. Since they allow pests, I don't even want to think about what filth could be in the flooring. Housekeeping took our washcloths but didn't replace them. They took the empty box of tissues but didn't replace it, nor did they replace the shampoo. Forget about a good nights sleep. The walls were so "thin" we could head every word from the next room. Then there was the parade or loud intoxicated 20 something year old's passing by our room and in the courtyard area starting at 1:00 and going till 4:00 AM. I would give them credit for the outdoor pool, except for the fact that one of their huge shade umbrellas became dislodge from it's base and hit my wife in the head as it flue across the sundeck. We tried numerous times to call both the front desk and housekeeping and got nothing but busy signals. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PMBrophy, General Manager at Postcard Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Tim,

Sorry to read about your experience. We do employ overnight Security agents who patrol the grounds and do rounds every 30 minutes; not only that - they respond to calls in the event that there are noise disturbances surrounding that particular guest. I'm surprised to know that guests were in the Garden for three hours without being told to quiet down or return to their rooms. In any case, we apologize for you and your wife not having a very peaceful nor enjoyable experience at Postcard Inn.
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Pros: VERY close to the beach.
Cons: The room feels like a college dorm room. Instead of carpet, they have some rubber-feeling floor (which is easier to clean, I assume, with the beach so close). The bathroom is tiny tiny tiny. The "hot" water was anything but hot. In fact, when I showered, I had it on full hot, and never even broke a sweat.
The air conditioning was none-existent. I guess they have a boiler/chiller system, and the chiller is off for the winter (we stayed in February), but this is Florida, and a/c would be nice! As a result, I slept with no covers and still was a bit warm.
Now for the biggy - the bed. When I awoke, I literally walked stooped-over, trying to straighten my back out. The bed had no support left. Instead of waking up feeling relaxed, I was in pain.
There is no mini-fridge.
I will NEVER make the mistake of staying here ever again.

Room Tip: Tip - go somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jeffrey,

We're sorry you had a stay that did not meet your expectations. We do have an HVAC system that is centrally-controlled in the main buildings however our poolside rooms feature individually-controlled units for those who might prefer just a bit more cooler air overnight. Select rooms (all rooms with two queen beds) do feature beverage chillers. I'm sure our Front Desk staff would have been happy to accommodate your requests but we apologize that you walked away unhappy.
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Recently visited the Post Card Inn for my birthday celebration. I typically stay in hotels during vacations, but found the Inn to be a nice, modern alternative. The lobby and outside look of the Inn is pretty nice! I was thrown off by parking, as I've never stayed in a motel and freaked out initially at the parking outside of the room. Once inside though, I was pleased. The bathrooms are a bit outdated, but everything worked fine and I was able to get over it.

I loved the beach theme of the Inn lobby/rooms, and loved our location off the beach even better. Your steps away from the beach which we really enjoyed, although the weather was a bit chilly. The PCI Beachwood BBQ spot was cute too. My boyfriend and I both ordered the pulled chicken bbq sandwich with bacon, pepperjack cheese and fried onion rings with fries, which was great! I topped it off with a Mojito, which was made nicely as well.

Overall, enjoyed my stay here and our location off the beach as well. I honestly think this was one of the top picks, with consideration of the location near the beach, and level of quality of the facility itself. Other places i researched appeared nice on the outside, but old and floral printed inside. This place was nice, modern, and managed well on the outside as well as the inside. I don't care for old lady or floral decor, so i appreciated this tidbit very much :)

All in all, would definitely recommend this place and also stay again myself!

Christina,

Happy belated birthday! Glad you found us. Thanks for spreading the word on how much you enjoyed your stay and we'll see you for another birthday celebration in the future.

Been to Postcard Inn on the Beach? Share your experiences!