“Just OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 32 hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Spring Hill, Florida
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Only stayed overnight. The grounds are nice and well maintained. Alot of party people. Kinda loud at night. But overall a decent stay for the price. Being from St. Petersburg, I found the this hotel to be par with most of hotels you will find on St. Pete Beach. Staff were all at the ready and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PMBrophy, General Manager at Postcard Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, Pamela. We are always happy and proud to accommodate a local guest. We hope to see you again.

974 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

It is nearly 10:30 pm and I can barely hear myself think as I lay in bed trying to sleep. Literally nothing maters- not the service, not the cleanliness, nothing if you can't SLEEP in your hotel room. It's a Sunday night. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
I apologize for the lack of sleep you experienced during your stay with us. The Sunday night mentioned in your review was part of a weekend where many local residents did not have to return to work on Monday, and so the beach experienced an unusual amount of activity for a Sunday night in the off-season. I might recommend utilizing the sound machine included with each guest room to aid in getting a better night's sleep. I am sorry we could not better accommodate your needs during this trip.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Dont expect to go to bed at 10 if you stay here without hearing people partying around you. The PCI beach bar is OK, but Jimmy Bs next door at the Beachcomber is better. The room was decent and overlooked the nice courtyard and pool. Pool is nicer then Beachcombers pool and the beach access is great. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Exterior rooms are quieter if you like to party but go to bed before 2am.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. Sometimes, sharing space with a neighboring hotel can cause a little more noise that some people might not want to be exposed to, which is why some guests ask to be assigned to the other side of our hotel, where it is much quieter due to that particular side sharing space with private residences. We'll look forward to your return visit.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The pool is awesome, the food is good, & the beach is filled with things to do. I really love this hotel DURING THE DAY. At night though, it's a completely different story. I went to bed at 10 thinking I would get a good nights sleep, & wake up feeling refreshed in the morning. I didn't end up falling asleep until 2:30 because the walls & ceilings are paper thin. The room next to me had their tv on until about 12:30, & the people upstairs were walking around & talking in their room until about 2. When I finally fell asleep, I was woken up abruptly at 7am when my neighbors were discussing their plans for the day, & a woman in high heels was running around upstairs. If you want to get a good rest, DO NOT STAY HERE. I'm so thankful I'm only staying here one night because I cannot imagine having another night like this one.

• Stayed January 2013
Rachel,

Thank you for your comments about Postcard Inn. I am so sorry your hopes for a refreshing sleep were not met. We do have a couple of options in place to help those who are in need of a quieter room; the less inconvenient option being that each room includes a sound machine within the alarm clock that is meant to drown unwanted noise with more pleasant sounds of nature. Of course, we are more than happy to accommodate a room move to a quieter location in the hotel where there are more vacant rooms, if availability permits. We do hope you'll return and give us another try.
Winter Haven, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Beautiful white sand beach; heated pool; plenty of lounge chairs around pool as well as at the beach. The beach is wide here and right out past the pool and bar. There is a small snack shack with decent food and fair prices. The motel is older but remodeled and decorated so cute. Surf boards in the room. We stayed in a king size bed which was so comfortable! The room and the bathroom was spotless. There is not much parking but they gave you a placard for your car so you could be identified as a guest and not towed away. We were there for a wedding that was so beautiful. The staff is so kind, courteous and accommodating. the grounds are beautiful with large trees and shady areas. Hammocks are available with some rooms. They looked so inviting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
PMBrophy, General Manager at Postcard Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Sue,

I appreciated reading your very pleasant review of our fine inn on the beach. Perhaps upon your return, you might enjoy one of our comfortable Poolside rooms that feature a hammock!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The rooms have been remodeled and are very cute! We were pleasantly surprised. It's a small walk through the hotel to the beach. They have a bar and 2 restaurants on site. The staff was very nice! My only complaint is that the walls were very thin and we could hear the conversation in the room next to us. Other than that it was a great pick. We are glad we stayed here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PMBrophy, General Manager at Postcard Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Rachel,

I'm also glad you picked Postcard Inn for your visit from Texas. The entire staff hopes you'll visit again soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went to spend a few days with my daughter in St. Pete Beach last week and stayed at the Postcard Inn. What a great place! My daughter recommended that I stay there as she had a friend visit and was familiar with it. The room we stayed in was small but clean and decorated nicely. This resort is not fancy, but it really has everything anyone would wish for in a beach hotel. We had plenty of space in our room with tow queen size beds. There is free WiFi, a refrigerator, ironing board, iron and hair dryer. If you're at the beach, you're not staying in your room anyway, but the room was nice. The absolute best thing about the place was the pool. The pool is very large and warm as bathwater....so nice that we literally spent hours in and out of the water both days we were there. There are great places to eat right on site, and a terrific little beach bar as well. The next best thing is that the Postcard Inn backs right up to the beach, so if you want to play in the Gulf, it's right there for you. The Gulf water was a bit chilly so after a couple of attempts, we decided to return to the toasty pool. However, we did return each night for the amazing sunsets. There are ample sitting places for guests to watch the waves and the sun sink into them. The grounds were lovely, too...lots of flowers everywhere, even in January.To top it off this is a pet-friendly place for animals up to 25 pounds. This was nice as we could bring my daughter's dog and did not have to worry about going back to her place to feed him and let him out. I highly recommend this place. It's fun, friendly and offers an abundance of amenities whether you are alone or with a family. The Postcard Inn is not the Taj Mahal, so don't expect a luxurious mansion. It is however a wonderful, clean, beachfront place where you can relax, have fun and enjoy the beach at a price that will not kill the budget.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room facing the inner court or the pool as it is a closer walk back and forth when...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mermac,

I appreciate your fun review of Postcard Inn; also with a nice picture of one of those amazing sunsets to accompany it all. Our large (largest on St. Pete Beach), and heated swimming pool make for a wonderful retreat within the resort itself, and I'm so glad you were able to enjoy it again and again. It won't be long until the gulf temperatures warm up again, so come back and see us soon.

Been to Postcard Inn on the Beach? Share your experiences!