“Love the atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Gibsonton, Florida
“Love the atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The Postcard Inn has a very vintage yet modern look and feel to it. I stayed there for 2 nights for a girls getaway weekend the room was a good size for the price. We loved the courtyard area that had mini lanterns and a sitting area.
The beach bar was crowded on Saturday (as expected for St. Pete Beach) so it would have been nice to have at least 3 cocktail servers for the pool area. There was only 1, but she was only out there for a little bit so there was lots of time waiting in line. However, the food at the beach shack made up for the wait. It was reasonably priced and tasted good.
The pool staff did a good job of making sure that there were only hotel guest using the pool, but I would suggest having a better system for towels to insure that you don't run out. There were plenty on Saturday, but not Friday.
I will be going back and have already recommended the Postcard Inn to friends. Oh and there was a wedding reception on Saturday evening in the courtyard I didn't think there would be enough room for such an event, but it was beautiful! Will keep that in mind for future use.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
PMBrophy, General Manager at Postcard Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thanks for your recent stay with us and for providing feedback about your experience at PCI.
It's important for us to hear about our guest's experiences. I will certainly look into the issues you've raised here and hope to improve upon them in the future.

Thanks again for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is a very nice hotel for the price. The rooms are clean and roomy. No need to go anywhere else. Olympic sized pool, bar, restaurant and right on the beach. Kid friendly and I noticed there were some pets too but we were never bothered by them. This is our favorate hotel on St. Pete Beach.

Room Tip: The pool cabana rooms are the best. They are right by the pool and have their own little courtyard...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PMBrophy, General Manager at Postcard Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thanks for the review of your recent stay at PCI. Honest feedback from our guests is critically important, as it helps us understand where we're exceeding or falling short of guests' expectations. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Ocoee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The rooms were clean and the decor was cool. I loved the style of the whole place, it was awesome. The courtyard area at night was so pretty,cozy, and inviting. The pool was nice clean and large, Live band everynight at the PCI Bar back by the pool. Was a trip with kids this time and that was great, But can't wait to make it an adult trip next time!!!!

Room Tip: I will get a garden side room next time!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
thank you for sharing your feedback with us. we look forward to having you back with us soon.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at PCI for two nights and loved [almost] everything about it! The lobby and common areas of the hotel are very quaint and stylish, the hotel staff was a pleasure to deal with and the convenience was outstanding! The room itself was decorated nicely, with a beach theme. The only part of the room that wasn't as chic as the rest of the hotel was the bathroom... The fixtures and shower were fine- it was just a little outdated and the shower curtain rod looked like it was coming unscrewed from the wall... I did like that it had a curved bar though- so you didn't feel like it was tiny... We stayed in a king room facing the parking lot and it was very large and comfortable! We did hear some hustle and bustle happening outside of our room, but it wasn't anything crazy or as loud as some of the reviews make it out to be. I would say this is a great place for a couple looking to spend a nice weekend away! Finally- the Beachwood BBQ was awesome! I had the dirty bird sandwich and it was killer! The menu is a little overpriced- but I'll happily pay for it considering the quality of the food and the cheap room prices!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot were pretty quiet... I would choose a second floor room..
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your most recent stay. I will have to agree with you the the Dirty Bird is my favorite sandwich as well.

Hope to see you back soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Postcard Inn this past June for a wedding. We arrived with some other family a little early and our rooms were not quite ready. We were ready to relax so we just popped open our cooler and enjoyed some beverages outside. The one downfall about checking in/out is the late check-in time of 4pm. I did request a early check-in time ahead of time but was told that it could not be guaranteed. Again, I was surrounded by family enjoying a drink so I was not upset at all by the delay.

The staff was friendly, laid back and accommodating to your needs.

The decor is a throw back to the 1960's surfing life. There were so many neat details that you could enjoy all around the property. Our room had a full wall mural of waves. The AC worked just fine and was easy to control. The bathroom was a little cramped but we aren't the time to hang out in the bathroom or book a room because of the bathroom. The bathroom door did feature a full length mirror that came in handy when getting ready. The rooms were perfect for hopping in and out, if you still had sand between your toes it was no big deal. Yes, the walls are thin, but it was never a huge issue. I will say that it was nice to have a room that was not facing the courtyard/pool area. We had a room facing the parking lot on the outside and had no problems with noise.

I loved the courtyard area. It was beautiful at any time of day. The tiki bar was paradise for us. It also had great decor, friendly bartenders, and the live music was right up our alley. Drinks are inexpensive and you get a great view of the beach which is only a couple steps away.

The pool area was nice. It offered plenty of seating and was not over crowded.

The wedding we attended was catered by Beachwood BBQ and it was phenomenal! I am pretty sure I ate my weight in food that day because I wanted to sample everything. There is also a great Thai restaurant (I apologize for forgetting the name) across the street that was equally as tasty.

It was a great place to catch up with my family. In the evening I had a memorable walk on the beach with my father. The beach is beautiful and offers miles and miles of walking. Right before bed time my husband and I laid out in the over sized lounge chairs on the beach and did not have a care in the world. We even joked that we could have slept out there.

I really hope that PCI continues to "keep up" this hotel. With a little hard work and elbow grease this hotel could continue to be great for many many years to come. I would also hope (from others reviews) that the noise issue is being seriously looked at. We did have some family members that had courtyard facing rooms that complained more about the night time noise. Maybe implementing more noise related rules with ensure that PCI will continue to be a family friendly environment.

We are currently planning on making a trip back for the Thanksgiving holiday. It was a little slice of heaven and was the perfect place for family to gather. I really look forward to returning again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
PMBrophy, General Manager at Postcard Inn on the Beach, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I appreciate your comments on your recent stay at Postcard Inn. Providing exceptional service to guests is our top priority, and I'm happy to hear that we delivered on that promise during your visit. I'll be certain to share your review with our staff to let them know their hard work made a wonderful impression.

Thanks for sharing. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to St. Pete Beach!
appleton wi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

You HAVE try the Cake in a Cup drink at the beach bar!!! It's awesome!! If anyone happens to know the ingredients, please let me know. :)

The decor was cool. Rooms were old...but I'm not sure if they left them "old" to add to the overall charm or what. I'd prefer more luxury. :)

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your love for Cake in a Cup. I will share your comments with the beach bar staff. We will have your next one waiting for you.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was our best vacation ever! We really didn't need to leave the hotel for anything! They provided everything, from an awesome Salt Water pool, to pool towels and toys, to beach access, to billiards and ping pong play, to courtyard, to drinks by the pool, etc! They had it ALL! ANd the rooms were amazing! We will definitely come and stay again! The cons - No Microwave or coffee makers in the rooms, very small refrigerator, no free breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Postcard Inn on the Beach? Share your experiences!