My husband and I travel regularly on both coasts of Florida, and recently stayed at the Postcard Inn for three days for the first time January 14-16, 2012. We were excited to find out that the Postcard Inn allows pets because we wanted to bring our dog with us. Everything about our stay at the Postcard Inn was positive. Yes, as other reviewers have mentioned, there was a wedding on Saturday, but it was a beautiful wedding and there was a live band playing gorgeous jazz music all night, so we considered that a huge bonus for us. The fact that there was a wedding did not detract from our stay, but in fact added to it in a positive way.
As other reviewers have mentioned, it is a refurbished motel, but the owners have done a terrific job of turning it into a comfortable place with a retro surfer vibe. The rooms are quite cute with retro surfer pictures on the wall, and striped fabric on the couch. The bathroom is small, but has everything necessary, and there is closet space and plenty of drawers for clothing. One of my favorite things about the room is the shelving built into the wall between the closet and the bathroom. It really came in handy for storing things and keeping them up and out of the way. There was a small refrigerator in the room built into the table next to the couch. We knew from reading the other reviews that there wasn't a coffee maker in the room, so my husband brought ours from home; however, he ended up buying coffee at the PCI Beach Bar and Snack Shack that he said was delicious. He drinks coffee every morning and said this is some of the best coffee he has ever had and said it was well worth $2.75 for a very large cup.
On Sunday morning, we ate breakfast at the Beach Bar and Snack Shack and found the food to be of a good quality and quantity for the money. We especially enjoyed hanging out at the Beach Bar and Snack Shack during the afternoon and into the early evening. There was live music that appealed to a large diversity of music tastes and we had a great time meeting other guests, listening to the music, enjoying good food and watching volleyball on the beach.
Other past guests have mentioned that there is a lot of noise at night, and we did notice some guests being rather loud outside into the late hours of the night. But that happens at almost every resort/hotel/condo that we visit. There are inevitably guests who drink too much and decide to act immaturely and become disruptive. Maybe if the external wall of the room was thicker, it might have blocked some of the noise, but we just brought ear plugs and slept fine. We find it is better to be proactive in situations like this in order to make our vacations the most fun for us. For the low rate that the Postcard Inn charges, we were amazed at how well kept up the property really is, especially considering that the underlying structure is older. But if everything was brand new, we would probably have to pay twice the rate that they currently charge, so we are more than willing to make a few minor concessions.
The staff at the Postcard Inn also deserves a "good job" from us. They were always pleasant and helpful and did a good job of making us feel like we were important. As frequent travelers, my husband and I are particular about the properties that we visit, and we were delighted with the Postcard Inn. We can't wait to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From décor to dining, Postcard Inn is the Great American Escape. Rooms at our boutique St. Pete Beach hotel feature vintage lamps, surf photos, and old school desks and couches, modernized with WiFi and flat screen TVs. Many rooms have pool and ocean views, too. Postcard Inn offers two main drinking and dining options; the critically acclaimed Beechwood BBQ and PCI Beach Bar & Snack Shack. Enjoy excellent burgers and ice-cold beer all day long. Plus, if you have to mix business and pleasure, or are just looking to explore, downtown St. Petersburg and Tampa are both short drives away from the Postcard Inn in St. Pete Beach, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Postcard Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Postcard Inn On The Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- St Pete Beach Travelodge
- Travel Lodge St Pete Beach
- Travel Lodge Saint Pete Beach
- Travelodge Saint Pete Beach
- Saint Pete Beach Travelodge
- Saint Pete Beach Travel Lodge
- Postcard Inn On The Beach Saint Pete Beach, Florida