Just returned from a weeks stay in St Petersburg. Had done alot of research into the best hotel in St Petes and had come up with Trade Winds
Grand Isle. When we arrived we thought the foyer looked impressive enough and we checked in and were assigned our room. On our way up to the room I thought the corridors and carpets were dirty. My impression was certainly changing as we made our way to our room. The room I had booked was a two bed suite at USD255 per night. The room we were given was tiny was like a box room with two beds and there was a musty smell.
We complained to the management and they said that we could pay and extra USD80 per night for an upgrade. We agreed to pay the extra and were moved across to the other side of the hotel. The room was much nicer with two seperate bedrooms and a lounge but with a price tag of USD335 per night I though we were being ripped off.
We then went down to the pool area which was dirty and not maintained, there where cigarette butts and dirty cups around.
We then decided that we would check out and find something better.
My overall impression is the hotel has huge potential but it is dirty, run down and in need of much maintance.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Grand
- TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort Saint Pete Beach, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand, on the Gulf of Mexico, is located directly on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach — voted the No. 1 beach destination in the U.S. by TripAdvisor's 2012 Travelers' Choice Award — and is certified as a Florida Green Lodge. Our recent $20 million renovation included our lobby as well as all 585 guestrooms and suites. Located just 30 minutes from Tampa International Airport, Island Grand offers a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, motorized surfboards, Splash Island Waterpark, children’s programs, paddleboats, tennis, a 3-story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Lounge next to one of our 5 heated pools or sip on your favorite libation at Salty's Poolside Beach Bar. This beachfront setting has a hint of the Island tropics and offers a beach vacation where you run out of vacation before you run out of things to do. All you have to do is pack your things — we’ll pack your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.