We had booked into TW for a 2 night stay post cruise and loved it so much we rebooked our flights and stayed 2 more.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Kids activities were great. Especially on the day it rained.
Loved the red beard show and smores.
Grounds are lovely with plenty of quiet nooks.
Many great options for food and drink.
We had a room over looking the pool and were pleasantly surprised that it was fairly quiet with our door shut and the music was turned off at a decent hour.
Rooms are small and outdated for the price but the location, amenities and sunsets help off set it.
Sand was amazing, lots of shells, quiet at night and perfect for sunrise walks.
Pools were clean. The kiddy pool is a wading pool, a pool with a sloped floor for 2-3 year olds would be great as the big pools were to deep.
Infatable beach waterslide was a hit, but it's fast not really suitable for young kids.
my husband did a parasailing behind a boat and had a blast.
We would love to go back. A beautiful resort that you don't have to leave to enjoy your holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand, on the Gulf of Mexico, is located directly on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach — voted the No. 1 beach destination in the U.S. by TripAdvisor's 2012 Travelers' Choice Award — and is certified as a Florida Green Lodge. Our recent $20 million renovation included our lobby as well as all 585 guestrooms and suites. Located just 30 minutes from Tampa International Airport, Island Grand offers a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, motorized surfboards, Splash Island Waterpark, children’s programs, paddleboats, tennis, a 3-story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Lounge next to one of our 5 heated pools or sip on your favorite libation at Salty's Poolside Beach Bar. This beachfront setting has a hint of the Island tropics and offers a beach vacation where you run out of vacation before you run out of things to do. All you have to do is pack your things — we’ll pack your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort Saint Pete Beach, Florida