“AMAZING!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
LovingLife35
“AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

I had attended a the Chuck Cook Tradeshow and met Maria. She invited me and my boss to attend a FAM. WOW!!! What an amazing experience. Not only professional but personal as well. I was presented with the opportunity to do things I had always wanted to do. The staff at Tradewinds are absolutely AMAZING!! They all show true passion for their jobs and willingness to please their guests/clients. All of the staff from the front desk, banquets, to management - EXCELLENT!!! Tradewinds has so much to offer any one!! I wish I could live there!!! I loved it!!!

• Liked — Parasailing!!
  • Disliked — I had to leave!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (933)
Cape Canaveral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

We booked this stay as a long-overdue romantic weekend. Calling the property direct resulted in a negotiated rate that we would never have been able to get online or otherwise. This is the perfect time of year to negotiate, given the weather's cooperation - which was perfect.

Our room was a honeymoon suite with a fantastic view, a whirlpool tub, huge bathroom, and great living room/kitchen area with flat screen TV, DVD player, stereo, and surround sound system. It was spotlessly clean upon our arrival and kept that way for the entire weekend. The room overlooked both the courtyard on the front, and the pools and beach on the back. The service was outstanding and the staff genuinely friendly.

The grounds were immaculate without being stuffy - very beautiful with swans, herons, ducks, koi, and a fantastic, soothing beach. With 5 pools, (one completely shaded), tennis courts, tons of included activities, paddle boats, cabanas w/beach chairs, bars, plus the sister property The Sandpiper, we were never wanting for something to do, or nothing if we so chose.

We were fortunate that Hurricane Ike missed the Florida Gulf Coast earlier in the week with the waves and surf perfect for body surfing. We did get a resort passport for the 'Bar Crawl', which, after you get stamped for a drink at each of the resort's bars, you get a free t-shirt.

We will definitely be back, with and without the kids. Trust the concierge, their recommendations are spot on and last minute dinner reservations aren't a problem for them. All in all, perfection on the Gulf Coast.

• Liked — Everything included with Amenity Fee, Location, Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing - we loved everything!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2008

Two friends and I went to priceline.com to get a room on St. Peterburg for a vacation to Florida. This was my first time to Florida.
Once we booked online threw priceline.com, we where concerned about our booking and what we would receive for the money.
What a surprise when we rode up on the address of the Motel we booked the night before.
We checked the address again to make sure we where in the right place. we drove up to the guarded gate. Then pulled around past the Dolphin water fall to the front door, and right away there was someone there to unload our luggage. As we walked into the main entrance, I saw the Grandeur of the inside of this resort. The Palm trees and the high doors, glossy floors, people in uniform smiling. We where checked in and on our way to our room on the 5th floor facing the Gulf of Mexico, I stood out on the tarrace and the view took my breath away.
The pool was below and to the left, clear and blue, a cabanna was below and to the right, with a soft music coming from there. And stright ahead was the Gulf with it's white sand blue water and rolling waves, watching the Pelicans dive in to the water and catch fish. The familys walking the beach with Kids and runners. It wa jest like in the movies, only better, because I was really there.
Below you could see the people seating around in swim suits and fancy drinks with fruit and umbrillas. We changed and went down to the Gulf and was greated by staff that asked what was needed, they set up the lounges and let us be. I seen my first jelly fish, and stingray, my face hurt from smiling so much.
I Could't help but feel a tad bit lonely and thought about what a wonderful place to bring my husbund. This could be very romantic place. You could feel it.
This was jest the first hour. The rest of the trip was sight seeing and taking in the wonderful foods and smells and sights, you have to go to the board walk to the shops, watch the people and the boats with the dolphins jumping out of the water. We ate at Bubba Gumps and the food was wonderful the waiter gave us trivia questions about the movie and we had a blast.
The people at the resort and any where we went where so nice, I cant say enough.
When I go back, I will be with my husbund and we will stay here at the TradeWinds Island Grand Resort.

Tamie Crawford
Michigan

• Liked — helpfulness of staff
  • Disliked — Nice room, but I thought the room would be bigger
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Muskoka, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2008

I just returned from a 3-day stay at the Tradewinds Island Grand Resort. This is my second time there, and I was equally impressed this time, as I was the first time there. The beauty, layout and design of the facility is remarkable, and they have put quality touches everywhere. I was especially impressed with all the little 'extras' that I saw and experienced -- always going one step further in their service. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, and, it seemed, glad to be working there. The rooms are beautiful, the beds are extremely comfortable, and the in-room kitchenette is a bonus. I ate in four different restaurants and enjoyed the food, flavour and atmosphere at each one.

It was a delight to be there -- was very sorry I had to leave. But I am returning next month for 10 days. I can hardly wait. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone, and everyone.

• Liked — Beach/Pool facilities
  • Disliked — Funky smell in elevators
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2008

The Tradewinds properties in St Pete Beach are a great place to get away and relax. Once on the property there really isn't any reason to leave ... the resort has all the amenities and great beach. The resort offers something for everyone whether traveling as a family or with friends.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

Looking for a quick end -of-summer get-away, we had an opportunity to stay at the TradeWinds Island Grand Resort in August 2008 and we literally jumped at the chance. This was our 2nd stay (our 1st being in 2006 in a Balcony Gulf Front Suite in the Jacaranda Building) and we definitely would stay again.

This trip we chose a Standard Parlor Room in the Breckenridge Building which was plenty big for our 2 adults and teenager (2 queen beds, table w/4 chairs, kitchenette, 2 side chairs, armmoirre). The room, carpet and fixtures were all well-maintained, neat and clean. The well-stocked kitchenette had everything that we needed and more including dishes, flatware, toaster, etc. Our room overlooked the courtyard & tennis court area, plus we saw the most spectacular sunrises!

The friendly & helpful hotel staff (from check-in to check-out) were fabulous! We HIGHLY recommend the hotel towncar service...not only did they provide us with airport transfers, but they also provided us with helpful advise/suggestions.

Though the resort has several pool options available, we gravitated to the adult only pool just steps from our building. However all of the pools were gorgeous and well-maintained. Though our trip objective was RELAXATION, activities were not in short supply for youngsters...our daughter's personal favorite was the Guitar Hero contest!

Food options abound at the "Grand" and make it possible for you to never leave...no matter your taste or budget. Brunch at Bermuda's was more than we could ask for, plentiful, delicious, and didn't "break the bank." The Flying Bridge has delicious sandwiches and snacks with a beautiful view of the family pool, beach, and lagoon. BR Cudas provided a great "sports bar" atmosphere serving tasty drinks and great food, while Capt'n Redbeard's Sharktooth Tavern provided all that, PLUS live musical entertainment too! Salty's Poolside Beach Bar not only provided tasty frozen island drinks on a warm summer afternoon, but also musical entertainment under the waving palm trees. You've gotta love it.

And did we mention the miles of beautiful white sand beach? The Island Grand can provide you a perfect escape regardless of your budget or how long you can stay...and yes...we WILL go back again in a heartbeat.

The Doyle Family

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Bolton, Lancashire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

Just spent 6 nights relaxing at Tradewinds after a frantic week of theme parks in Orlando. We took our 2 (adult) children and their partners aged between 19 and 29 and had 3 gulf front rooms which were clean and well-equipped with wonderful views.

There was a good choice of eating places - particularly liked our final night's meal in the Bermuda restaurant and the more relaxed atmosphere of the Flying Bridge. The service in both was excellent and we found all the staff to be friendly and very helpful. We had a problem with our shower, which was repaired within 10 minutes of reporting it.

The only slight criticism - our son's girlfriend had ordered a gift online to be in our room waiting when we arrived as a thank you for bringing her. It wasn't there and she felt the person she rang wasn't as helpful as he could be. She was upset and had to lure us out of the room whilst the lovely, presentation box of wine, glasses, chocolates etc was finally delivered.

The weekend was busy with a couple of wedding parties, but we were impressed how the younger children were kept entertained with competitions, craft sessions and films. There was even a ghost walk for teenagers. During the week, the pools were pleasantly quiet even though there were a couple of conferences on at the hotel.

We had a lovely relaxing time and all 6 of us had a wonderful time.

• Liked — The location and variety of eating places
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort? Share your experiences!