“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel was booked after a week at Disney. We we very disappointed in the standard of the accommodation. We had booked a one bedroom "suite" which felt dated and stuffy with no windows to open in the bedroom. The rooms were accessed via a concrete outside block.

On a positive note the housekeeping was good and the staff were friendly. The beach was beautiful too.

I would not return to this hotel.

3,167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (761)
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

If you are looking for the total experience in vacation, then the Tradewinds is the place. We enjoyed every min of our stay. The family and I were impressed from the first min we arrived. This place met our expectations. Fun for the adults and kids. Very clean and the staff was so helpful and friendly. I am definitely coming back. And also a great beach :)

Room Tip: call in advance prior to booking to discuss your desired options. They can help accomodate your requ...
Shamokin Dam, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I think the hotel is a good resort with activities planned very well. The music by the adult pool was great,The weather was terrible but we always had things to do. It to bad we had adults in the adult pool who left their teenage children in the pool and they were very noisy.Adults need to abaid by the rules. They were so noisy it was very hard to have peace and quiet and try to read a book.I had a young guy with his sister and even he saw the sign for Adults Only. I thanked him very much for paying attention to the signs,On the note of the noise, you rally can hear all what is going on next door in the room, we had a very lound father that was yelling at his son at night and that was very anoying, WE were in the main buliding I don't know how the sound in the other buildings are, we were close to the night time music and that was very loud
I think the resort fees are a joke also. WE had rain and clouds every day except for one so we paid the fees and did not get to enjoy them. I think that should be an option for you to choose.from
The room was nice but the furniture needed updating, we had a couple issues but we called maintence and they were their right a ways to take care of our problems Closet doors need to be replaced also.AS I said we were in the main building and this seems to be pretty old.
WE ate the first night at Beef o Brady's and had a very bad experience with service and our waitress who I think could not wait to get off work because she never came back and we never did get our food, I talked to the manager and she took care of the problem right aways and could not have done any more for us. They could take some lesson from Crabby Bills on service and how quick we received we got our food. The prices very good and food good for for what yous got. This is not a fancy rest. but very much recommend it.
We went up to Johns-Pass-Grill I would recommend this place.It is a nice trip to do in the evening and a lot of nice little shops.to go to.
When we got to Tampa Airport and got the rental car their was a big sign in the airport that said it you should get Sun Pass for the tolls that they would not except cash and you could pay a fine if you got caught with out Sun Pass and the car agency was pushing this also. The price was $45.00 for the week. What a rip off. because they did take money at the tolls, so do not take this unless you plan on being on the road alot and then I am not sure it would be worth the price.
Over all this a nice resort.

Room Tip: Away from the bars and pools
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Today is the final night of our stay so here is my review. The stay at Tradewinds was okay. There are a few things that I did not enjoy. Bermudas was okay. The food was good but not great. My order was messed up. I order my steak medium and it was well, very well done. The waitress was pretty attentive but she did take a long time serving up. Beef O Brady's is okay as well. The waitress there did not know the menu at all. She could not even tell us the nightly special. The food was good, nothing special. My kids enjoyed the wings. The KONK activity center was okay for my son. I did not like how the young lady working there approached me when I had questions about the activities and how to pay for those activities. When we did leave him there, the workers did not engage him at all. He sat a table playing legos by himself until another kid came in and played with him. The girls working in the center pretty much ignored him. We know this because we sat outside by the pool as he played. I had services in the spa. The receptionist was at first very cool in her welcome to me. She seemed to welcome the men and women coming in to work out in a more warm tone. The massage therapist on the other hand was excellent. Terri was her name. She worked her magic and helped relieve lots of stress from my body. I was very pleased with her services. She was very pleasant and helped make me feel comfortable. The beach was wonderful and the beach staff was very helpful. We loved spending time on the beach and at the pool although I was really annoyed at how many guests just left their towels on the chairs and left so there were not many options for seating. I wish staff policed this more so everyone could have an enjoyable experience. The rooms are small but serve it's purpose. We were hardly ever in our rooms. There are tons of things to do and this property is in a great location. You can walk to some pretty amazing restaurants. We really liked Crabby Bill's. All in all this was an okay vacation. We have experienced better rooms, better service and better food at other places. I hope the Tradewinds get their act together because I really wanted to like this place. I loved the beach, liked the pools, and the drinks were great as well. This place has potential, especially if the staff is better trained and more attentive. My kids enjoyed the beaches and the activities so if we come back it would be because of that, not necessarily the service. Oh and the resort fee is a joke. What are we paying for again? I paid for another cabana because there were four of us and I would have gladly paid for one each day. I am unsure what the fee covered but it was a joke, just another way to take people's money.

Room Tip: We had a pretty nice room.
Saratoga Springs, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

After having stayed in two other places during our vacation, I must say this was a bit overpriced. Yes you get the resort activities with stuff for the kids but is it worth the price. Upgrading to ocean view was worth it! Rooms nice with adequate kitchen. Housekeeping friendly. Overall good stay. Liked beach service & water slide.

• Stayed April 2014
Chester, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel was recommended after I requested a high end hotel for our 4 day break right after spending 10 days at Disney! To say we are disappointed in the standard is an understatement. We paid over 1000 sterling for room only and quite frankly we were robbed.

The room is a "suite" and we have stayed at better premier inns for a fraction of the price. It is over rated and jaded. The corridors are like a 70's concrete monstrosity and the decor is jaded to say the least. If you want luxury avoid it like the plague. I would have left but it is Easter weekend and there is nowhere else available .

Northford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had two great people that served us at the Italian restaurant on the resort. Michelle and Chef Mike who made our night. Our three kids 7, 6 and 4 were difficult after a long day of sun and fun and started to fuss. Michelle and Mike went over and above any of our expectations. They made the kids get involved in the process of serving our table. My wife and I could not believe the turn around. Our dinner was perfect after a little TLC. Michelle and Chef Mike are an asset to the TradeWinds!! Thank you sooooo much... BTW The Food that chef Mike created was AMAZING ALSO. This resort gets an A+++++ We can't wait to return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort? Share your experiences!