“Family Fun!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 32 hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Family Fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Front desk is amazing! Prices are a little high! Concierge service is very good! Konk club is highly recommended! Pools and beach are excellent! High tide slide is a MUST! Service is Great! Palm court is fabulous!

Room Tip: Poincinda beach suites are good, but stairs are not very good, so take the first floor!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

3,392 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (840)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My family & I have gone to tradewinds for over 26 years & it never seems to amaze me... An incredible place with so many activities for the kids. I wanted to point out an amazing employee @ the resort that really went the extra mile.... His name is Felix & he saw me with my 10 year old boy running frantically to the bathrooms to clean him up after he ran into the cabanas on the beach. He immediately came up to us eager to help & waited outside the restrooms to assist us & make sure my son was ok... Then lead him straight to the ice cream parlor to get him an ice cream to make my son forget about his accident. That's awesome customer service which we have everytime we go... But that was reaching out & really caring & I wanted to say "Thank You" to Felix your a great asset to Tradewinds!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed in the Breckenridge. It is a Bluegreen resort, but does not live up to Bluegreen's standards. The units did not have the ability to cook within. There was only a microwave and very small refrigerator. You could not eat in the units and that was disappointing. (Reason for four stars and not five!)

Getting that out of the way, Let me now focus on the positive! Our room was on the fourth floor, gulf front and the view was terrific. I'm hoping that I can upload a photo of the sunset. It was awe inspiring. Lots to do at the resort; however, I spent most of my time walking the beach and testing the water. Got in it a bit, but it was January and this fellow lives in South Florida. It's a wonderful resort for the whole family, you could hardly get it all done in a weeks time.

The staff were kind and helpful. The accommodations were in places a bit dated, "old Florida", but were clean and well kept.

Would recommend it and will probably go back myself!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a gulf front room. It is the reason you are at this resort!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Everything was absolutely top notch. We stayed at tradewinds for a mini vacation and every employee we encountered was amazing. In particular, Youssef at the Palm Court restaurant went above and beyond to make my birthday dinner special. Definitely took a great night and make it incredible. Thank you again and we look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed February 2014
Highland Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I originally posted a review that was not good for the hotel because i was angry!So here is what happened my van was hit and the only call I got was from security.I was shocked nobody from the hotel called.So I walked thru hotel to see if i could find the bell hop I met by the name of Albert.He apologized i replied thank you he said he would talk to someone at the hotel.That afternoon I received a call from head of security saying he was sorry.Then the next day a cheese tray and a bottle of wine came I knew it was from the bell hop Albert. So i walked down the day after and thanked him.He asked how everything was going I told him nobody but security called me or had done anything or cared but him. He said he was sorry again and bought me some drinks I thanked him. So that night I wrote a review on trip advisor Chris head of guest relations saw it and contacted me we talked in person he was so sorry he said and bought me and my family dinner that night New Years eve and gave my kids gift so sweet.I was very happy finally taken care of.So then later on that day my a/c had been leaking since they day before i called someone they sent a man from maintenance he said it was because of my door open i was cooking but had been the whole time i was here never had that problem so i let it go the next morning there was a pool of water housekeeping came never did anything so i thought it was over and to my surprise i slipped on water and called again this time they said a/c was broken it was frozen solid so I called Chris came up i suggested the room next to us was empty could we get ready in it he said no problem and opened the door.He said to call the front desk when a/c was fixed and they would close room up. No problem so they still where not done when we left for dinner so I left my things in room and left doors in between rooms open so my dog could see everything was ok when I left. Then when we got back from dinner I found all of my things on the floor in my room!I was upset they did this i finally found my dog hiding and shaking under the bed because a stranger had scared him. I called front desk and asked what happened they said bell hop was told to close up room? But why a/c wasn't fixed?NO RESPONSE. Roof was left open all the black mildew that grows on a/c was airborne in my room because roof was left open all night.I had a full blown asthma attack got hardly any sleep. At this point was so tired and upset of the way things were handled I was just done!! I went to check out the next morning the man checking me out asked me how was my stay i told him what had happened the night before his response was have a nice trip home??I stormed off and got in my van never to think about this place again!!!Then to my surprise I get home and I have an e-mail from Chris.He wanted to speak with me so I called him.We talked about everything he was very upset that I was treated like that.Chris was very insistent of making sure I was satisfied with what he could to do make it right and I am.So in my eyes this is a resort that truly cares to make sure everything is done right or try to make errors of others right. He said he would comp me things and did. I was pleased to actually find someone who cared about my stay... I like to thank Albert the kindest most knowledgeable( bell hop) I ever met you go over and beyond the call of duty you are great see you this christmas !.Olivia from beef o'bradys you truly are one of the greatest caring servers i ever met thank you!. Ray from Bermudas thank you for a great dinner your service was great.Felix the groundskeeper who is a great poet thank you for the poem when i was sad you made me smile.Most of all thank you to chris from guest relations who truley does care about all his guest. I wanted you all to know my van was fixed so I would like to thank security for being on the ball and had everything taken care of when I was asleep they took care of it.I highly recommend for families and people with pets it is a great place to stay. There is something for everyone to do! I will see you all this christmas or sooner you never know!!!Thank You VIKKI K.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Staff was very accommodating.
We ate breakfast one day at Bermuda's. The buffet was closed (they only have it open on weekends during this season) The breakfast was good but nothing special and not worth the price.
It rained most of our stay so we didn't get to use much of the amenities though.

Stayed January 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed here in January, and while it was too chilly for swimming in the ocean, the beach and water were pristine. The resort has about 5 different heated swimming pools, many hot tubs, even a sauna. There are many nice reservable beach cabanas and beach games too (tether ball, volley ball, bean-bag toss, ladder ball, etc) and even a huge awesome water slide also with heated water & fire pit too. The gulf view room was great and very nice, unforgettable unobstructed ocean views with sunsets (we were on the 3rd floor of Brekenridge bldg). The property was huge, with like 5 restaurants and a Teaki Bar by the beach/pool that made amazing drinks (beware of the, I think 32oz, extra large Rum Runner on the rocks with 151 floater - super delicious & strong for $17!!, only need one, and luckily you can take your drinks anywhere on the property). There is even a lazy river through the property with pattle boats, tennis courts, put-put golf, on site Pizza Hut & ice cream parlor, pool table, very nice gym & spa services, I can go on & on, like I said, a lot of amenities. You even get access to all Guy Harvey Outfitters resort facilities just a few minutes walk down the beach. We did their bar crawl passport & got a free tee shirt. I thought the staff were extremely helpfull & polite too. And, the best part was that all the amenities were included with the resort bracelet fee (which varies on cost depending on how you book, was free via BlueGreen and $10 upgrade for the entire stay for water slide use). So much to do with awesome rooms & staff. Although some restaurants were expensive (as was the Sunday brunch at $35 - I thought it was worth it though) some were also reasonable. We stayed for a week & never ran out of stuff to do, and the beach was beautiful (will have to return in Summer to swim). We walked the entire beach & "popped in" to most of the resorts just to see them, and Tradewinds was by far the coolest and we will definitely come back.

Room Tip: All BlueGreen members stay in Brekenridge bldg and gulf view is amazing. All rooms have 2 beds, laun...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort? Share your experiences!