We were here for seminar and a little R and R. I spent several days in meetings and my wife got to enjoy the beach and amenities. Check in was easy but a little slow due to a lot of volume. They explain all the charges etc at check in and that was a little overwhelming but glad they did so.
Good place for meetings. Room temps were perfect and no glitches with A-V equipment.
The meals prepared for the meetings were very good. First meeting in 20 years I have been attending that had strip steak as one of the food choices.
I agree with some of the other reviewers in that the place could use some refurbish. Looks like they spent a lot in the public areas and little in the room areas.
Our room was clean and quiet but a little dated. The bed was comfortable and the room had a lot of outlets for chargers etc.
Ate at beach side cafe and food was good and reasonable for a resort.Breakfast buffet at Bahamas for 16 was the best food deal there.
Bartender doesn't realize drinks should have more than just mix in them. Had several adult beverages and never did taste and alcohol. At ten bucks a pop a little booze would be nice.
Beach is nice and clean with plenty of cabanas available.
Resort was very busy but never seemed crowded any place we went.
Yes things are pricey but you don't have to leave for anything.
Great place for kids with the largest water slide on beach.
New dilemma for us,Trade winds resort or Lido Beach resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, voted one of America's Best Beaches by TripAdvisor. Located just 30 minutes from Tampa International Airport, Island Grand offers a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more! Island Grand offers 11 dining and entertainment venues including Palm Court Italian Grill, Bermuda's Steak & Seafood along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. This beachfront setting has a hint of the Island tropics and offers a beach vacation that gives you more bang for your beach and comes loaded with more to do than any other place in Florida. It's your perfect Florida getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida