I want to commend Denise@Beefs and Ivan@Beefs for making up for my horrible experience at Guy Harvey Outpost. I have been visiting Island Grand for 4+ years and I have always gotten excellent service from their employees, great food, beautiful beach. This year it was booked for my traditional stay during the Labor Day weekend and I booked at Guy Harvey Outpost assuming I would get the same great service ----- WRONG.
I got their, no were to park to check in, no bellman, Derrick at the font desk really did not seem to care. The other guy at the front desk seemed to also think it was a joke.
Among all other things the same day:
The guy in the parking lot wanted me to park in the bushes, were my car was as risk of getting hit.
No toilet paper in the room
Hamburger smelled like cow
No creamer or sugar in room
I was definitely not going to eat there anymore, so I went to Beef O'Brady's the next day for lunch. While having lunch I told my server Denise about my ordeal; she felt something needed to be done. She told her Manager Ivan who apologized for all my grief and picked up my food tab. Thank you, Ivan and Denise I will promise tho be back at Island Grand.
For you Guy Harvey Outpost, never again. Step up your game, you seemed understaffed and some of your guest services employees need to be retrained or let go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, voted one of America's Best Beaches by TripAdvisor. Located just 30 minutes from Tampa International Airport, Island Grand offers a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more! Island Grand offers 11 dining and entertainment venues including Palm Court Italian Grill, Bermuda's Steak & Seafood along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. This beachfront setting has a hint of the Island tropics and offers a beach vacation that gives you more bang for your beach and comes loaded with more to do than any other place in Florida. It's your perfect Florida getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo and EasyToBook so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort Saint Pete Beach, Florida