I want to commend Denise@Beefs and Ivan@Beefs for making up for my horrible experience at Guy Harvey Outpost. I have been visiting Island Grand for 4+ years and I have always gotten excellent service from their employees, great food, beautiful beach. This year it was booked for my traditional stay during the Labor Day weekend and I booked at Guy Harvey Outpost assuming I would get the same great service ----- WRONG.
I got their, no were to park to check in, no bellman, Derrick at the font desk really did not seem to care. The other guy at the front desk seemed to also think it was a joke.
Among all other things the same day:
The guy in the parking lot wanted me to park in the bushes, were my car was as risk of getting hit.
No toilet paper in the room
Hamburger smelled like cow
No creamer or sugar in room
I was definitely not going to eat there anymore, so I went to Beef O'Brady's the next day for lunch. While having lunch I told my server Denise about my ordeal; she felt something needed to be done. She told her Manager Ivan who apologized for all my grief and picked up my food tab. Thank you, Ivan and Denise I will promise tho be back at Island Grand.
For you Guy Harvey Outpost, never again. Step up your game, you seemed understaffed and some of your guest services employees need to be retrained or let go.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Grand
- TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort Saint Pete Beach, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand, on the Gulf of Mexico, is located directly on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach — voted the No. 1 beach destination in the U.S. by TripAdvisor's 2012 Travelers' Choice Award — and is certified as a Florida Green Lodge. Our recent $20 million renovation included our lobby as well as all 585 guestrooms and suites. Located just 30 minutes from Tampa International Airport, Island Grand offers a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, motorized surfboards, Splash Island Waterpark, children’s programs, paddleboats, tennis, a 3-story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Lounge next to one of our 5 heated pools or sip on your favorite libation at Salty's Poolside Beach Bar. This beachfront setting has a hint of the Island tropics and offers a beach vacation where you run out of vacation before you run out of things to do. All you have to do is pack your things — we’ll pack your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.