“Romantic getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Romantic getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We just love this place! Very beautiful gorgeous location. We have been coming back for several years now. I would highly recommend it. A great place for a little romantic getaway. The new renovation on the rooms looked great. The staff is always wonderful. Judith is the best bartender! She is our favorite!! Ask her to make an amazing frozen Sangria Rita especially sitting and relaxing on the beach in the cabanas.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (909)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of its location, kids activities and what looks as nice
rooms.
Oh, boy have we been wrong.
Day 1 of 5: door to room cannot open need to wiggle it a lot until it opens. Sliding closet door out of place so we just kept it open.
Day 2 of 5: oh what a night!!! The air conditioning is so loud so every time it kicks on you wake up. It is so loud that every time it's on you have to turn the TV volume to 30+ in order to hear the TV. The mattress is so soft and has a tendency to tilt inwards so the entire night I felt as though I'm sleeping inside a bowl with the sides raised. since I slept with my 6 years old son we basically we're sinking in the center of the mattress.
So I called front desk and immediately the girl is telling me that we've been given an upgrade so they can down grade us and everything will be better. So I'm asking to speak to a supervisor cause I'm not here for an upgrade, I just want things to be repaired. JENNIFER the supervisor is telling me the engineering can fix all the issues and she is sending someone to take s look.
Someone came up and checks the door and decided that the lock is broken and he will bring a new one to replace it. Great! About the mattress he will let housekeeping know since its their issue. We left for the pool at that time (10:30am) and he said he will take care of the AC. We come back to the room at 3:00pm dying to Take a shower and take a break from the sunny day to find that our key doesn't open the door at all, I found a made in the hallway and asked her to open the door for us until Ill go to the front desk to fix the issue. 10 minutes later we hear a knock on the door and someone with a wood board arrived to put the board under the mattress to fix the sinking affects. We asked them to give us 20 minutes to shower And come back (where were they since 10:30am? That we were not in the room?)
Well we finished showering and we wanted to take a nap. I called front desk to ask about the wood board that was sitting outside our room waiting to be inserted under the mattress. Housekeeping arrived and told us that he didn't know he had to do that since the guy who brought it up left for the day so he was asking me what he needed to do. Well, board in place, no miracle there!
Day 3 of 5: the AC is still very loud I don't think anyone took care of that or even addressed the issue. I didn't call again yo complain, I just wanted to enjoy the day with my family. We left for the beach again returning a little after 3:00pm to find that housekeeping never had a chance to clean our room and replenish clean towels and shampoo. My husband saw a made at the hallway and Asked her for some towels so we can at least take a shower with a 6 and 4 years old tired kids.
Day 4 of 5: again rough night of sleeping due to very loud AC. We left the room and returned after 3:00pm to find the made just entering our room to clean up. Again we have to wait.
Well, one more night and we return home. We have some friends who are arriving on Thursday April 25-29 who we are going to share this experience with and highly recommend that they will make other arrangements for a hotel and since if they cancel before Wednesday they won't loose anything.
I would expect a phone call from front desk to follow up that all issues were taken care of and we are happy but I guess it's not the hotel's priority.
I have to say that the staff by the pool, adventure center and the restaurants were very nice and accommodating.
I'm sending this to the manager on duty in hopes that they take care of things hoe future guests.
I'm for surf not rev commanding or returning to this place ever again. I came here to rest and not to keep reporting problems to management.
Shoshy

• Stayed April 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Salty's tiki bar has great/friendly service, a wonderful view, great ambiance, and wonderful patrons - including Rich, a great guy who happens to be a Mailman from Boston (Arlington).

Come visit and make sure you say hi to Elaine and order a Dirty Martini!

Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2013
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Relax your private cabana on one of the most beautiful beaches in the US, stroll over to the Tiki bar by the adults only pool and order up a tasty tropical cocktail while the guitarist on the patio croons a little Jimmy Buffet (thank God the Tiki bar is open). The rooms are newly renovated (not that they needed it), comfortable beds, mini fridge, sink and microwave. It's our perfect escape.

Room Tip: We love the waterway view room with a King bed - I love watching the swans from the balcony on the s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Apollo Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel offers everything you could possibly want in a beach resort. Beautiful hotel and accomodations, world class beach, 4 pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, spa, bars and restuarants, plus activities, activities, activities. You can do as much or as little as you want! Hands down my favorite place to go!! Kids and adults will have the best time ever!

Room Tip: our room was in the Jacaranda villas which was perfect....close to the main lobby and the pools.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sterling, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were at the Trade Winds for my husbands conference. I had a great experience with the kids. I loved the beach with the easy to reserve cabanas, the pools and all of the activities. The staff was always very engaging and very helpful. The resort was clean and organized. There were always towels available and easy to find drop bins for the dirty towels. They also make it easy to recycle and get snacks and drinks. There are several kids pools and I especially liked the shaded pool for when the kids had had enough sun, but not enough swimming. Between the beautiful beach, pools, kids craft activities, paddle boats, restaurants and ice cream we could have kept busy and happy there all week. If we had a car it would have been nice to stock up on drinks and snacks from a local store rather than the resort.
We did love our room, but our bed was very uncomfortable. Hopefully that is not the case in all of the rooms because I would love to return there and would recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: View of paddle boats Suite with small kitchen Ask to check out bed first
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We completely enjoyed our stay at the Island Grand. It has all the amenities we needed and more. In addition, the great location on the gulf makes your stay even more enjoyable. The Island Grand also has a wide variety of restaurants to choose from for any occasion that may come up. There are many activities to choose from or just relax on the beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort? Share your experiences!