Just got back from a week at Tradewinds. Family of 5 - 2 adults 3-kids ages 16,14 & 11. We got into Florida early in the morning. Not surprisingly our room wasn't ready. They did give us our wristbands and we were able to hang out at the beach in a cabana until our room was ready. The first time we went to check on our room they offered to upgrade us and I guess a room would have been ready but we declined. When we checked in (literally at 4 pm) we were pleasantly surprised to have got an upgrade (at N/C) anyways. Thank goodness we did. We originally had a one bedroom booked but honestly with older children the extra bedroom and ESPECIALLY the extra bathroom proved to be a welcome upgrade. The resort offered something for all of us to do. The kids were never bored. There were always lots of cabanas available - I wouldn't pay to "reserve" your cabana the nite before. Just get to the beach by noon and you will be fine. There were always lots of lounge chairs by our pool (the Jacarunda bldg) but it did look like things got a little busier at the pool by the Adventure centre. The rooms are NOT soundproof. If you sleep lightly - I would suggest earplugs. I could hear the people above me (we were on 4th floor) more than the people beside me. Earplugs fixed the problem. The music went a little louder and longer on Fri and Sat nite but the rest of the week things wrapped up by 11 pm. My only complaint would be food. Beef O'Brady's was o.k but everything was fried within an inch of its life. The steak house and Italian restaurant looked lovely but my kids would never appreciate the atmosphere or plate presentation and I didn't need to spend that kind of money on supper. Pizza Hut was great for one nite. We went to the steakhouse across the street. Pretty good meal - Crabby Bills down the street was o.k but really better for people that appreciate seafood. Skidders was crazy busy - thought food would be same but really just mediocre. So, just a little disappointed that there were not a lot of chain restaurants and the independents were not so great. Still, had a really great time. Staff were wonderful - VERY friendly and smiling all the time. Would definitely recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand, on the Gulf of Mexico, is located directly on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach — voted the No. 1 beach destination in the U.S. by TripAdvisor's 2012 Travelers' Choice Award — and is certified as a Florida Green Lodge. Our recent $20 million renovation included our lobby as well as all 585 guestrooms and suites. Located just 30 minutes from Tampa International Airport, Island Grand offers a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, motorized surfboards, Splash Island Waterpark, children’s programs, paddleboats, tennis, a 3-story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Lounge next to one of our 5 heated pools or sip on your favorite libation at Salty's Poolside Beach Bar. This beachfront setting has a hint of the Island tropics and offers a beach vacation where you run out of vacation before you run out of things to do. All you have to do is pack your things — we’ll pack your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort Saint Pete Beach, Florida