“We had a wonderful time !” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Dolphin Tale 2 Getaway
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Walkerton, Canada
“We had a wonderful time !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just got back from a week at Tradewinds. Family of 5 - 2 adults 3-kids ages 16,14 & 11. We got into Florida early in the morning. Not surprisingly our room wasn't ready. They did give us our wristbands and we were able to hang out at the beach in a cabana until our room was ready. The first time we went to check on our room they offered to upgrade us and I guess a room would have been ready but we declined. When we checked in (literally at 4 pm) we were pleasantly surprised to have got an upgrade (at N/C) anyways. Thank goodness we did. We originally had a one bedroom booked but honestly with older children the extra bedroom and ESPECIALLY the extra bathroom proved to be a welcome upgrade. The resort offered something for all of us to do. The kids were never bored. There were always lots of cabanas available - I wouldn't pay to "reserve" your cabana the nite before. Just get to the beach by noon and you will be fine. There were always lots of lounge chairs by our pool (the Jacarunda bldg) but it did look like things got a little busier at the pool by the Adventure centre. The rooms are NOT soundproof. If you sleep lightly - I would suggest earplugs. I could hear the people above me (we were on 4th floor) more than the people beside me. Earplugs fixed the problem. The music went a little louder and longer on Fri and Sat nite but the rest of the week things wrapped up by 11 pm. My only complaint would be food. Beef O'Brady's was o.k but everything was fried within an inch of its life. The steak house and Italian restaurant looked lovely but my kids would never appreciate the atmosphere or plate presentation and I didn't need to spend that kind of money on supper. Pizza Hut was great for one nite. We went to the steakhouse across the street. Pretty good meal - Crabby Bills down the street was o.k but really better for people that appreciate seafood. Skidders was crazy busy - thought food would be same but really just mediocre. So, just a little disappointed that there were not a lot of chain restaurants and the independents were not so great. Still, had a really great time. Staff were wonderful - VERY friendly and smiling all the time. Would definitely recommend this resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (934)
Norwalk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I think that after paying what we paid we shouldn't have to pay a resort fee and then have to pay again in order to have a front row cabana, really? The cabana workers were great and I feel bad that they have the job of delivering the news to guests that to get a front row cabana you have to pay yet another fee. The resort was beautiful, the beaches awesome and staff GREAT! Just a bit pricey with the additional fees. Need more activities/attractions for 18-20 year olds.

• Stayed March 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've been to Tradewinds 3 seperate times overal several years and they never let me down. From the conference accomodations to the family activities, they've done a wonderful job at making sure you are satisfied. My daughter now begs to go with me! This last time I traveled alone but never felt like I was out of place or in unfriendly territory. The staff is very curtious and friendly making it even more welcoming! Deffinetly heading back for another stay!

Room Tip: Rooms with a gulf view are wonderful but not always as peaceful as any other. I still prefer guldvi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Katie M, Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for being such a loyal guest! Hope to see you back on the beach soon.
Bedminster, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotels needs a little bit of a face lift. The room we had was on the seventh floor and had an amazing view. But simple things that could make the place feel a little cleaner such as dust on the inside of the lamps. It looks like it hasn't been dusted for a year. There was a bug in my kitchen area. I was dreaming of bugs all night. The next day when I told them they were sorry about it and had someone come up and spray. The elevator area was just gross. The paint was chipping and finger prints on all the glass doors. We were charged an extra 15 dollars for a front row cabana which are usually free but they took advantage of spring breakers. It is a wonderful place to take your kids. Plenty of family activities to do. Over all I just felt it was dirty.
The breakfast place Burmudas was dark and dingy.I wanted to sit outside and have breakfast and I felt there wasn't any place like that. They have a great tiki bar on the beach that is fun to hang out at. They have an adult pool which I liked. I guess I am use to a four star hotel and this was defiantly not. I had a pedicure and that was just okay. I love when they massage your feet that is the best part of a pedicure. They didn't do that or a least she tried and it was a light rub. I had a facial and the women talked to me the entire time. She was very nice but I just needed to have quite time. Not worth the 135.00 dollars.
In the rooms you could hear everything that your neighbor is saying. Not very quite.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cohasset, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My family had a great time! We have done the Orlando route in the past but this time it was just about sun fun and relaxing. The staff was great! Our cleaning crew was amazing. We had no problems using the resort transportation with the exception of one of our drivers being a little bit too talkative! Our room was above the TIki HUt bar - which got loud only one night - so not too bad. We did have a loud party across the hall which woke everyone up at 3am - but it was only a one night wedding party so we didn't complain. Lots of activites for the kids! Great paddle board lessons! Awesome drinks! My kids had a blast. We are already planning on returning next spring!

Stillwater, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Tradewinds Island Grand was great fun for the whole family. Between miniature golf, life size chess, paddle boats and the high tide water slide right on the beach there was so much fun to be had by the entire family. There are also other activities that you can pay for, but the ones above are built right into the price of your room. My kids also loved the poolside movie at night. Tradewinds is in a fun part of town so if you want to explore outside of the resort you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you have kids get a suite. We put our four kids in the bedroom and my husband and I took the rol...
Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Quite a few months ago, I was married to my lovely wife. We held the reception at the Tradewinds Island Grand and could have not asked for a more romantic, fun, and moving experience. Julie Manes, George Bentley, Jeff Fredrickson, the entire banquets staff....everyone down to the officer at the gate were instrumental in creating a perfect day for my wife and I. We were given the honeymoon sweet and housekeeping did a remarkable job. The room was spotless and we were treated like royalty. I will recommend the Tradewinds to family, friends, and anyone that is considering tying the knot anytime soon. Thank you so much! We will never forget all the effort that was put into our wedding and those that treated us like family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review Justin! So happy to hear that you had a wonderful wedding here at TradeWinds. Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your special day!

Been to TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort? Share your experiences!