We visited the Tradewinds for about the 5th time on 26 December 2012 for a stay of 16 days. As always this hotel worked very well for us - we have a 9 year old and an 11 year old and went pool/ocean facing suite in the Hibiscus building. Rooms have been renovated since our last visit and whilst its not a major face lift it does make a diffence. Room seemed more modern / contemporary and cleaner. WE don't tend to eat in the hotel (except for the occasional lunch) as we prefer visiting local restaurants, bars and eateries of which there are many within walking and/or driving distance. The slide on the beach is as always a huge hit with the kids as are the activities around the pool during the day. Kids club in the evening was a success also even tough it was fairly quiet most evenings. This gave us a much appreciated few hours to dine alone. Staff are excellent throughout the hotel from the lady cleaning the room, to the staff at the Starbucks coffee shop in reception to any passing staff - all very pleasant and polite.
The beach here is just amazing - clean, and beautiful. Gym facilities and beauty salon facilities are good, ice cream shop and pizza shop for kids. Wifi throughout the resort is a bonus - all in all another success story. Hope to be back again.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Grand
- TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort Saint Pete Beach, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand, on the Gulf of Mexico, is located directly on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach — voted the No. 1 beach destination in the U.S. by TripAdvisor's 2012 Travelers' Choice Award — and is certified as a Florida Green Lodge. Our recent $20 million renovation included our lobby as well as all 585 guestrooms and suites. Located just 30 minutes from Tampa International Airport, Island Grand offers a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, motorized surfboards, Splash Island Waterpark, children’s programs, paddleboats, tennis, a 3-story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Lounge next to one of our 5 heated pools or sip on your favorite libation at Salty's Poolside Beach Bar. This beachfront setting has a hint of the Island tropics and offers a beach vacation where you run out of vacation before you run out of things to do. All you have to do is pack your things — we’ll pack your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Otel, Olotels, EasyToBook, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.