“Super fantastic and very accommodating!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Family Adventure Package
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Kansas City, Missouri
“Super fantastic and very accommodating!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Tradewinds is our favorite vacation resort when in Treasure Island/St. Pete Florida area! If we have any concerns or wish to switch rooms the staff is very accommodating! There are activities for all ages going on throughout the resort! We never feel as though we are at an all adult/or all family resort! We enjoy the super friendly staff always willing to help or offer suggestions! Wouldn't stay anywhere else when in the area!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (897)
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at the Tradewinds early December in the off season. First, I want to go thru the negatives but don’t judge the overall resort on these comments. I am very judgmental when I am paying $250 per night and drinks cost $10.

• The pillows are horrible. Bring your own.
• The sheets fall off the bed every night so expect room service each day.
• The walls are thin so expect some noise from your honeymooning neighbors.
• The location of the room safe is on a shelf in the closet. Great, if you are 6’5” or taller.
• I don’t know what it is with hotels and resorts but their TV systems stink. Mine kept going out and the remote hardly worked. The elevator was down as well.
• I stayed in a “gulf view” room. Well worth the upgrade. Beautiful sunsets. Only draw back is the “deck” is more like a shelf. 3’x6’. And if you don’t like smoke your neighbors will certainly be smoking on the “deck.”
• As I mentioned, the adult beverages are expensive. And for some reason Saint Pete’s Beach hasn’t gotten on the “craft beer” bandwagon. Expect basic domestics and some imports but nothing in the craft beer niche.
• If I owned the resort I would have sections designated each year for a coat of paint. Some areas look run down while other areas are just fine.
• At a “resort” I would expect the restaurants to have hi-def television.

All this being said the Tradewinds Island Grand is at the center of the beach. It is a five minute beach walk to great beach bars. Good restaurants within walking distance: Madfish and Toasted Monkey. There is a Publix just down the road if you want to load up on groceries for the week.

The beach/bar service is what you expect from a beachfront resort. It is laid back so expect to wait. The hotel service (reception, bell captains, etc) was fine. I plan on returning to the Tradewinds again this winter but this time I will bring my own pillow.

Room Tip: Gulf View Room is the only way to go.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I checked in for a conference and was asked it I would like to upgrade to a beachfront or a balcony view. I decided not to upgrade so the person who checked me in said he would see what he could do. We received a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, living room and kitchen suite in the main building! This worked out perfect because my husband and 3 year old traveled with me and I could just go down the elevator to get to the conference talks.

For the conference I attended, breakfast, lunch, snacks and a banquet that were hosted by the resort. The food and service was outstanding.

Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was a good resort with lots to do. Good pools and lots of good beach activities. Restaurants were good for a hotel. The room we had was small, but you don't spend a lot of time in the room. What I didn't like was that it caters more to vacation people than business people. I was here for conference and thought the hotel could be more business friendly. But if I wanted to go on vacation , I would come back to this hotel.

Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a place to stay for a couple of nights for New Years Eve. We live here in Florida but wanted to stay on the beach. This place is amazing very family friendly so much to do. Food was very good and the staff was so nice and friendly. Can't wait to bring grandkids for a long vacation.

Room Tip: We stayed in the tropical room with a balcony and a view of the beach. Just beautiful!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Newberg, Or
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

TradeWinds Island Grand is a great resort. I find it to be nice enough without being over-priced and pretentious. Lots of variety in activities, food places, and great staff. Friendly and helpful. It wasn't their fault it rained and we couldn't use the beach - but they had a boxful of umbrellas at every doorway. Will definitely go back.

Vero Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

First, the staff at the TradeWinds is outstanding. Helpful, friendly and always around when you need them. This hotel seems to find exceptional people - no attitude, just there to make your vacation great. The property is spotless. Clearly the recent upgrade was done with care. Multiple pools, 2 hot tubs, the charming the canal that meanders through the property and the adorable swans. We loved the water slide - huge, inflatable and what a blast. No way does it block anybody's view. It goes up in the morning and deflates by 5. The beach is spectacular. Acres of wide white sand,warm shallow water, cabanas and lots of water activities including a jet pack! Our room was in the Breckenridge building. It was spacious with a kitchenette and a private balcony looking over the Gulf. We loved the comfy beds, fresh linens and beautiful sunsets. Housekeeping was perfect. They were prompt - in and out of our room while we lounged at the beach. Everything was spotless when we came back for a nap. We LOVED all of the restaurants at TW, especially Bermuda for breakfast. The fresh pastries were made there and they were spectacular. We loved the spa too! Who needs the Bahama's when you can enjoy the TradeWinds and beautiful St. Pete Beach! We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a Gulf view with balcony.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort? Share your experiences!