St. Pete's Beach looks like a small resort town from the sixties. The hotels are generally older and decorated in pastels with an art deco feel. The Tradewinds portends to be a very high end resort in the midst of this throwback town.
I have had two visits to the Tradewinds over the past year for conference business. I found the resort to have a good variety of different bars and restaurants on the premises which served very good food. However, service was inconsistent across the resort with some servers more attentive and professional than others.
The rooms have been obviously refurbished but still retain a little of the tackiness of older hotels. However, they are a step up from most other local hotel's rooms. The color schemes are sometimes gaudy, but the rooms are comfortable and spacious.
The prices are quite high for what one receives.
The beach is spectacular, but you don't have to stay at the Tradewinds to experience that. The recreation at the resort is quite extensive and the pool areas, tennis courts and other amenities (paddle boats, trampoline, etc.) are pretty good.
Overall the Tradewinds is one of the top quality places on the beach but you pay a dear price for good but not great accommodations.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Grand
- TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort Saint Pete Beach, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand, on the Gulf of Mexico, is located directly on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach — voted the No. 1 beach destination in the U.S. by TripAdvisor's 2012 Travelers' Choice Award — and is certified as a Florida Green Lodge. Our recent $20 million renovation included our lobby as well as all 585 guestrooms and suites. Located just 30 minutes from Tampa International Airport, Island Grand offers a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, motorized surfboards, Splash Island Waterpark, children’s programs, paddleboats, tennis, a 3-story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Lounge next to one of our 5 heated pools or sip on your favorite libation at Salty's Poolside Beach Bar. This beachfront setting has a hint of the Island tropics and offers a beach vacation where you run out of vacation before you run out of things to do. All you have to do is pack your things — we’ll pack your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.