We returned with our kids who are now 3 years older. Some things got better -- they got better paddleboats that are a lot easier to maneuver. The water pressure in our room was decent this time. We still like the 2 bedroom suites facing the Gulf; they were in excellent condition and the views are great. No problems with waiting for elevators this time around. Either our standards went up or something went awry in the food category -- breakfast buffet at Bermuda's is awful and a la carte breakfast was fair at best. Dinner at both restaurants was not bad but nothing great and the hotel could sure use a pastry chef; all the desserts at all food outlets tasted packaged from the outside and pretty poor and everything on the breakfast buffet is packaged. The best bet there was Flying Bridge where the kids ate kids dinners well but food for the adults was again fair. Nevertheless, the kids have lots of fun with the bungee jumping, pools and jacuzzis, and the pirate show on Saturday night was a hit with them. The babysitting service the hotel uses is very good. We'd come back again but we're not thrilled with the food situation. Snappers across the street was good for fish; the Don Cesar hotel also has good food and real desserts. We were told the Frog Pond was good for breakfast but we never ventured out; didn't want to waste an hour and a half going off property to eat brekke. We were a bit unlucky with the weather -- sunny but highs in the upper 60's when it should have been 5-10 degrees warmer; but the kids didn't notice and aside from the swimming pool it didn't affect our activities. The gym is excellent and the spa was fine and reasonable. The staff is really friendly and we notice and like that. Great value for money, but it would be even better if they upped the quality of their food offerings. I don't think though that their clientele will support it; we got the feeling that a lot of people there bring in food from the outside or cook in the rooms. So you gotta just enjoy the property and know that the food is something you have to put up with, if you are counting on anything above basic Marriott-quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand, on the Gulf of Mexico, is located directly on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach — voted the No. 1 beach destination in the U.S. by TripAdvisor's 2012 Travelers' Choice Award — and is certified as a Florida Green Lodge. Our recent $20 million renovation included our lobby as well as all 585 guestrooms and suites. Located just 30 minutes from Tampa International Airport, Island Grand offers a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, motorized surfboards, Splash Island Waterpark, children’s programs, paddleboats, tennis, a 3-story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Lounge next to one of our 5 heated pools or sip on your favorite libation at Salty's Poolside Beach Bar. This beachfront setting has a hint of the Island tropics and offers a beach vacation where you run out of vacation before you run out of things to do. All you have to do is pack your things — we’ll pack your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort Saint Pete Beach, Florida