We've been to this resort twice now and it was referred to us by friends who equally enjoy it. The 1st time we had a 2 bdrm suite overlooking the paddle boat launch. It was more of a garden view, very lovely & quiet. I could see my husband and son through the palm trees at the swimming pool. This last time we stayed in a 1 bdrm suite with a view of the gulf. Outstanding room and beautiful view!! Well worth the extra $. The suites are nicely appointed and clean. We've always found the staff to be friendly & helpful. There are several restaurants on the premises, a sundries shop and best of all they serve Starbucks in the lobby!! Of course, with the suites we could chose to eat in or out which is helpful as our son has some sensory issues. He loved sitting on the balcony, which is narrow but sufficient. This is our go-to place when in St Pete's!!! The only downside is the bedrooms face the courtyard (which is also lovely) so the view can be from the living space, which makes sense. When it's quiet it's perfect however over Thanksgiving weekend a large group of high school kids came into the resort to stay. One night they were hooping & hollering in the courtyard around 10:30-11pm & the sound really carries. I was going to give them about 15 mins before I called the front desk, they were teens having fun and of course totally unaware of how loud they were. But as a parent you don't care how much fun they are having just that the child next to you stays asleep! Well they ended settled down on their own. I don't know if someone on staff said something or if their chaperones got a handle on it but luckily I didn't have to be the bad guy and call on them! So not really a downside per se but something to be aware of. I'm sure the staff would have handled the situation if it had become necessary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand, on the Gulf of Mexico, is located directly on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach — voted the No. 1 beach destination in the U.S. by TripAdvisor's 2012 Travelers' Choice Award — and is certified as a Florida Green Lodge. Our recent $20 million renovation included our lobby as well as all 585 guestrooms and suites. Located just 30 minutes from Tampa International Airport, Island Grand offers a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, motorized surfboards, Splash Island Waterpark, children’s programs, paddleboats, tennis, a 3-story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Lounge next to one of our 5 heated pools or sip on your favorite libation at Salty's Poolside Beach Bar. This beachfront setting has a hint of the Island tropics and offers a beach vacation where you run out of vacation before you run out of things to do. All you have to do is pack your things — we’ll pack your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, HotelsClick, Agoda and Otel so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort Saint Pete Beach, Florida