We've been to this resort twice now and it was referred to us by friends who equally enjoy it. The 1st time we had a 2 bdrm suite overlooking the paddle boat launch. It was more of a garden view, very lovely & quiet. I could see my husband and son through the palm trees at the swimming pool. This last time we stayed in a 1 bdrm suite with a view of the gulf. Outstanding room and beautiful view!! Well worth the extra $. The suites are nicely appointed and clean. We've always found the staff to be friendly & helpful. There are several restaurants on the premises, a sundries shop and best of all they serve Starbucks in the lobby!! Of course, with the suites we could chose to eat in or out which is helpful as our son has some sensory issues. He loved sitting on the balcony, which is narrow but sufficient. This is our go-to place when in St Pete's!!! The only downside is the bedrooms face the courtyard (which is also lovely) so the view can be from the living space, which makes sense. When it's quiet it's perfect however over Thanksgiving weekend a large group of high school kids came into the resort to stay. One night they were hooping & hollering in the courtyard around 10:30-11pm & the sound really carries. I was going to give them about 15 mins before I called the front desk, they were teens having fun and of course totally unaware of how loud they were. But as a parent you don't care how much fun they are having just that the child next to you stays asleep! Well they ended settled down on their own. I don't know if someone on staff said something or if their chaperones got a handle on it but luckily I didn't have to be the bad guy and call on them! So not really a downside per se but something to be aware of. I'm sure the staff would have handled the situation if it had become necessary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, voted one of America's Best Beaches by TripAdvisor. Located just 30 minutes from Tampa International Airport, Island Grand offers a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more! Island Grand offers 11 dining and entertainment venues including Palm Court Italian Grill, Bermuda's Steak & Seafood along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. This beachfront setting has a hint of the Island tropics and offers a beach vacation that gives you more bang for your beach and comes loaded with more to do than any other place in Florida. It's your perfect Florida getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Hotwire so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Beach Resort Saint Pete Beach, Florida