“definite repeater” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 32 hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Rockford, Michigan
“definite repeater”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

room was on ground floor in adult only area, e.g. it was quiet and relaxing. room was clean and spacious. pleany of good affordable restaurants nearby. beack and cababa chairs just a short walk away. overall a very welcome respite from winter.

Room Tip: unless yu have children book in adult area
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

436 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
ULVERSTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We booked this fairly last minute it wasn't cheap and the room was fairly basic nothing fancy but the view was stunning. We had a small balcony overlooking the beach which was really nice. I don't know about the other rooms overlooking the pool. They had a small bar by the pool and had a wedding on that evening. The staff were friendly and no charging for parking!!!!! It was just a tad pricey for what it was but we paid for the view

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We visit here every year. We love the location and the fact that they have rooms that open up right on the beach. We was really glad to see that some updating had been done. Our room had recently been painted and had new carpets. Plus the corridors also had new carpets. Unfortunately we stayed here during memorial weekend. What a massive mistake. The hotel was rammed! You seriously could not have got another person in the swimming pool at one point. It doesn't help that people can just walk of the beach and use the pool. The whole hotel just seemed full of drunks. We had to complain to reception at 2am as the room above us was having a party and making the most amount of noise. I had 2 young kids so I was not impressed. Once the weekend was over it returned to pure peace and quiet. We will be returning just not at memorial weekend!!

Room Tip: Get a bottom floor beach front. No other room even comes close.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My partner and I stayed here during our first visit to the USA, as my Son was getting married at a nearby hotel. This hotel was offered as a weeks package holiday with Cosmos. The staff were great, friendly, and helpful. The room was larger than we expected, clean and included a fridge and microwave. Parts of the hotel were looking a bit tired, but I understand a update is in progress. The pool was great, although it did get a little crowded at the weekend, and there is very little supervision of the area, so parents should be very vigilant. There is a supermarket literally across the road, and lots of beach bars and restaurants close by. There is also a very good Trolley Bus service if you want to explore a little further along the coast, and don't have access to a car. I would certainly visit again!

Room Tip: Go for a sea or pool view, our room was on the left hand side, and there was a continual drone from...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed during the memorial day weekend 2013 and my family had a fantastic time. We had a pool side room that was wonderfull. My kids could go from pool to room for food, relax, or whatever. This place treated us like a five star resort. Pool is fantastic, food was awesome, beach bar the best for me and my husband. I will come back for years. Supermarket accross the street, many restaurant options in walking distance. Our room was clean and large compared to other rooms we have stayed at on st. Pete. The staff, great! They wanted to know are name and greated us BY NAME AFTER THE FIRST DAY. I love this place and is my new st. Pete vacation home for years to come.

Thank you Dolphin beach!!!

Room Tip: Pool view, or beach view. Most pool views still have view of the ocean, but the beach rooms look str...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We normally stay at the Tradewinds when we come to St. Pete Beach, but we were on a bit of a budget this time and I found this hotel for just $130 a night, including tax/fees/etc on getaroom.com. We weren't promised any particular sort of room, but ended up getting a pool view room, and we could see the ocean from the room as well, which was amazing! There was plenty of room to lay out and the pool was nice. The rooms were okay, not anything to write home about, but a great deal for the price I paid. We hung out at the tiki bar, which had great drinks and food. We had breakfast at the little restaurant-not great food, but pretty good and not too expensive. I think anything under $180 a night or so would be an okay amount to pay for this hotel, but I would have been upset had I paid more.

Upsides: Can't get any closer to the beautiful beach, nice sized rooms, decent food at a decent price, nice pool, wasn't too busy when I was there

Downsides: Staff wasn't overly friendly, our floor reeked of weed for an entire day, not a lot of "extras"

All in all, it was a great deal for what I paid and a fun trip!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dolphin Beach Resort? Share your experiences!