This is not a comparison of hotels in St. Pete...just a review of one of this particular one.
Our first stay was New Years Eve 2011. Reasonably priced for a last minute deal. Fast forward to last week (spring break 2013) $250 a night. We were on a spring training baseball tour, so the location was okay.
Likes about this hotel:
-right on the beach
-St. Pete Beach is wonderful
-easy to navigate around the property
-good location, restaurants and necessities close by
-easy to get to from I-275
-property is aged, but still acceptable
-rooms are cleaned well (our experience)
-nice atmosphere around the pool (outdoor bar and sun deck )
-decent restaurant on property
-good balcony rooms facing the ocean
-good location to Tampa/St. Pete Bradenton/Sarasota
Dislikes about this hotel:
-rooms are aging. Appointments are outdated ("old")
-staff is consistently not real friendly (front desk or maintenance staff)
-about $50 a night overpriced for the quality of the property
Each time we've checked in or out, there have been people at the desk complaining about room problems, so I guess we've been lucky.
It will still be acceptable for another couple of years, but the owners need to invest in room appointments (bed spreads, curtains, bathroom fixtures).
- Also Known As:
- Dolphin Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Dolphin Beach Hotel
- Dolphin Beach Saint Pete
- Dolphin Beach Resort Saint Pete Beach
- Dolphin Beach Resort Florida
- Dolphin Beach Resort Saint Pete Beach, Florida
- Dolphin Beach Resort St Pete
- St Pete Beach Dolphin Beach Resort
- Dolphin Beach Hotel St Pete
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Dolphin Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.