“DIRTY!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 32 hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Hudson, Florida
“DIRTY!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I don't want to be a totally negative person so I will start this review by saying the pool, courtyard and outside bars are lovely and you can catch beautiful sunsets here. Now the gross part, we stayed here on 06/17/12, and thankfully only the one night becuase the rooms are filthy! The carpets and furniture are stained, the bathroom was so dirty and gross, there was someone elses hair on the soap holder in the shower and be sure to check out the picture for the lovely thing growing on the outside of the tub! When you turned on the water in the shower, more water continued to run out of the faucet than the shower head.

My in-laws were in the adjoining room to ours and they ended up getting a new room because theirs smelled like a dirty diaper, even after asking 2 times for someone to get up there and try to fix the smell. We are going to make a family tradition of spending the father's day weekend on St. Pete Beach but it certainly won't be at this place! YUCK!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

437 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My experience at the Dolphin Beach resort was horrible. They did not have my reservation on file when I arrived. I was shocked. I asked if there was anything that they could do to help me because I had in fact made the reservation and Joe at the front desk told me they would not do anything. I later found out they charged me a no show fee 3 days earlier which was removed but the fact that they did nothing to help is shocking. The Hotel management also did nothing to help. What do you do if you are visiting from far away? If you do take your chances and decide to stay at this horrible place I would suggest a back up plan.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Cant complain about the hotel, cleaned every day to a good standard. Good pool, cheap drinks, easy access to the beech.

Areas very good as well, theres a number of restaurants close to the hotel as well as some shopping including Publix for some food and drinks for the room :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Springfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I acutally just got back from staying here....i called many times before we left and made sure they wouldnt charge my card cuz i had other people coming with me. the first day we got there we tired to pay for the room but the lady wouldnt take the money so the next day when coming back from walking on the beack the worker at the front desk said my card was delined whicch before we got there i told them not to charge my card but they did it anyways..since there were 3 other people that came with me i didnt want them to charge my card because they were paying their way..and then the chick got an attuide when i told her that this was BS that they didnt listen to what the customer said.. then we told the house keepers that we didnt want our room cleaned while we were there and one of my friends just got out of the shower and the housekeeper guy walked in and she wasnt fully dressed and then the head person of the house keepers got an attuide wit her and so did the general manager i mean if u want to have customers to come back and enjoy thier stay dont treat them like S*** the view was amazing but if u dont good/great customer service then as a business you dont have anything and it wasnt all that clean anyways i mean the bathtub had soap scum all around it we spent about $800 for this room and crappy customer service will not ever stay here again i mean i will spend that much. I mean i will spend that much fora great hotel and great customer service wasnt very impressed over all..

Room Tip: beach front view is amazing
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Decatur, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

All I was looking for was a place to stay on the beach one night before going to a conference. The hotel was affordable and had great beach access. The rooms are fairly standard, but could use some updating, but they are clean enough. We didn't use the pool or even eat inthe restaurants, but it really does have a great location.

Room Tip: It might be worth the money to spring for a balcony room that faces the beach.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Surprise
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

THIS PLACE DOESN'T DESERVE EVEN A TERRIBLE RATING...IT SHOULD BE HORRIBLE!! CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS FOR PROOF OF THE FOLLOWING COMPLAINTS. We arrived late Wed., 4/4/12, for a wedding @ the Grand Plaza on 4/6/12. I had requested a 2 bdrm rm & was told we were upgraded to a partial beachview rm since there were no basic 2 bdrm rms left. I thought this was great UNTIL WE SAW ROOM 314. 1st this hotel is in DESPERATE NEED OF UPDATES ALL, YES, ALL over & a MAJOR CLEANING. Windows are DIRTY, rugs r GROSS. Rm 314 had old ceiling panels separated & almost falling off over bathrm sink. Bathtub was gross, BLACK on bottom of tub, faucet old & dirty, bathroom sink panel fell off as I touched it. Since it was too late & we had a 3 yr old, we stayed in the rm that nite as the front desk employee stated he couldn't move us 2 another rm since they were booked. He suggested I speak w/mgr the next morning. Vicki, the mgr, needs some real training on customer svc & MANAGING A HOTEL!!!. She was not empathetic, didn't offer any discount for our trouble, never apologized, & wouldn't go see the issues I was complaining about. She insisted 'maintenance' would go in after we left the rm. We were moved to rm 216 which was in better shape but still dirty windows & rugs & no discount for our troubles. Sheets scratchy and hard. WE HATED OUR STAY AT THIS PLACE. BETTER OFF STAYING OFF BEACH FOR A BETTER STAY & PROBABLY PAY LESS, YES INDEED LESS!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different place if you must stay at St. Pete's Beach. This place needs a complete remod...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We were very disappointed in this hotel and the lack of customer service. Unfortunately we discovered a dozen or more roaches in the bathroom and were only offered a different room. No apologize, just that this is Florida and roaches are everywhere. This is not the case as if regular sprayings occur, roaches will not come in. The staff acted as if we were overreacting and did not refund our money.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Dolphin Beach Resort? Share your experiences!