We stayed at the Alden for a week (Feb. 13-20/05). There were five of us:Mom and Dad and three young women (2 daughters and a friend) ages 17-19. We stayed in a Lanai suite, gulf front with a good-sized balcony. The room was a little smaller than we thought it would be, but not a trip ruiner. Strongly recommend gulf front. Sunsets are beautiful.
Check-in was quick and hassle-free. Staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. Cleaning was a little iffy. A couple of days we returned to our room to find chip crumbs, etc. still on the floor and hairs in the sink. Our first morning, our daughter and her friend found a pair of underwear in the hide-a-bed. I took them to the office staff who were very apologetic and changed the sheets right away.
Three of the six dresser drawers were stuck and difficult to open. The front came off one of them the day we checked out. These were minor problems in that we were seldom in the room...too much beach and sun and golfing and parasailing, etc. to do.
The two pools are a good size and nicely heated, with lots of lounge chairs. We found the hot tub on the BBQ deck to be dirtier than the garden one.
Cabana bar was fun and the resort gave us a couple of buy-one-get-one coupons. Beer was cold and scenery was great. Bartender was delightful. The beach is great, with white sand and gentle breezes. Two of us actually went into the gulf our first day there, which garnered some strange looks as the weather had been cool and so was the water. To us crazy Canucks from the Great White North it was lukewarm.
The resort is within walking distance of lots of restaurants, stores, etc., but so is every other place on St. Pete beach. Be careful crossing Gulf Boulevard as it's 4 lanes and traffic lights/crosswalks are a ways apart.
Overall, the resort was above-average, and I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alden Suites, located directly on St Pete Beach, is an all-suite getaway experience featuring an array of amenities. Nestled against the blue-green waters and white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico you'll find a unique resort that lives up to its inspired surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Alden Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alden Beach Resort And Suites
- Alden Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Alden Resort
- Alden Suites Saint Pete Beach, Florida